well if so worried then size up and take it all in then
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:50 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 8:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1214post #18196 of 443901/29/13 at 1:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18197 of 443901/29/13 at 1:49pmpost #18198 of 443901/29/13 at 1:58pmpost #18199 of 443901/29/13 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
this is as good, or better, than a lot of what's posted in WAYWT. no one will accuse you of doing anything "next level" but it's a really solid non-suit jacket/tie/trousers combo without being too stodgy at all. gloves, boots & bag ain't too shabby neither. if MoK can post his fits in SW&D WAYWT, I'd say this would fit right in as well.Quote:
thanks dudes. this one came together well. I like dressing for the cold. Seeing SVB's post about WAYWT, maybe i should try to start posting in there. Can always use some help. I am definitely not next level, heh. wj4, yeah my physical presence is in LA, but my heart is elsewhere. In another/future life I am an entrepreneur and raconteur living life in NY.post #18200 of 443901/29/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by velomane
Regarding the Ivy Marl tweed trousers, how heavy are these? Mike, would you quantify the weight of the fabric?They're heavy, but nowhere near the Harris Tweed tank of trousers we ran last year. If you own any F/W pants in flannel or the Donegal tweeds we ran last year, they'll feel similar. Though they're a bit more textured than the Donegals from last year (IIRC).Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by violethour1951
I was wondering about the jacket sizing as well, e.g. for the Weller sportcoat, the sizing runs like this:
Sz 38 has a shoulder width of 17" and corresponds to a size Medium in Epaulet shirts, which has a shoulder width of 18"? The chest size is also slightly smaller.
We measure both the shirts and jackets across the front (flat against the collar or lapels, respectively). The shirts measure a touch bigger than jackets in a comparable size. But, obviously, shirts and jackets will fit differently.
Our sizing equation is a general rule, but not a hard and fast one. It, like shoe sizing equations, works for most. If you have an Epaulet/Ashland/Navy Label shirt, you can compare the size charts and most likely figure out what will work. If not, measure out a jacket you own and compare.post #18201 of 443901/29/13 at 3:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by oisin
thanks dudes. this one came together well. I like dressing for the cold. Seeing SVB's post about WAYWT, maybe i should try to start posting in there. Can always use some help. I am definitely not next level, heh. wj4, yeah my physical presence is in LA, but my heart is elsewhere. In another/future life I am an entrepreneur and raconteur living life in NY.
I feel I'm best suited to be a flâneur, but life doesn't seem to permit it.
I'll chime in and say that I liked both this fit and the photo of it quite a bit. Stylish without being at all self-consciously so. You look like you are enjoying yourself.post #18202 of 443901/29/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
flâneur. love it. that's exactly what i was doing and what i'm good at. time to start a society. gotta pay the bills somehow though, right?post #18203 of 443901/29/13 at 5:26pmpost #18204 of 443901/29/13 at 5:32pmpost #18205 of 443901/29/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
thanks. jacket was a vintage fallan and harvey i picked up on etsy for a good price.
you should have seen me and mike that night. he was wearing a baller kiton jacket that had more than a passing similarity to mine in pattern. we looked a bit twinsy when we went out. good thing I wasn't wearing the grape herringbone that day, since Mike was wearing those and I only had brought a few pairs of trousers.post #18206 of 443901/29/13 at 6:37pmpost #18207 of 443901/29/13 at 7:03pmpost #18208 of 443901/29/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
agree. wish i had bought. patterns are bold up close wj4!
Edited by oisin - 1/29/13 at 10:46pmpost #18209 of 443901/29/13 at 7:26pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suits! Suits! Suits! Let's Talk About Suits! - June 25, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Video Games 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...