well if so worried then size up and take it all in then
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1214post #18196 of 509861/29/13 at 1:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18197 of 509861/29/13 at 1:49pmpost #18198 of 509861/29/13 at 1:58pmpost #18199 of 509861/29/13 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
this is as good, or better, than a lot of what's posted in WAYWT. no one will accuse you of doing anything "next level" but it's a really solid non-suit jacket/tie/trousers combo without being too stodgy at all. gloves, boots & bag ain't too shabby neither. if MoK can post his fits in SW&D WAYWT, I'd say this would fit right in as well.Quote:
thanks dudes. this one came together well. I like dressing for the cold. Seeing SVB's post about WAYWT, maybe i should try to start posting in there. Can always use some help. I am definitely not next level, heh. wj4, yeah my physical presence is in LA, but my heart is elsewhere. In another/future life I am an entrepreneur and raconteur living life in NY.post #18200 of 509861/29/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by velomane
Regarding the Ivy Marl tweed trousers, how heavy are these? Mike, would you quantify the weight of the fabric?They're heavy, but nowhere near the Harris Tweed tank of trousers we ran last year. If you own any F/W pants in flannel or the Donegal tweeds we ran last year, they'll feel similar. Though they're a bit more textured than the Donegals from last year (IIRC).Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by violethour1951
I was wondering about the jacket sizing as well, e.g. for the Weller sportcoat, the sizing runs like this:
Sz 38 has a shoulder width of 17" and corresponds to a size Medium in Epaulet shirts, which has a shoulder width of 18"? The chest size is also slightly smaller.
We measure both the shirts and jackets across the front (flat against the collar or lapels, respectively). The shirts measure a touch bigger than jackets in a comparable size. But, obviously, shirts and jackets will fit differently.
Our sizing equation is a general rule, but not a hard and fast one. It, like shoe sizing equations, works for most. If you have an Epaulet/Ashland/Navy Label shirt, you can compare the size charts and most likely figure out what will work. If not, measure out a jacket you own and compare.post #18201 of 509861/29/13 at 3:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by oisin
thanks dudes. this one came together well. I like dressing for the cold. Seeing SVB's post about WAYWT, maybe i should try to start posting in there. Can always use some help. I am definitely not next level, heh. wj4, yeah my physical presence is in LA, but my heart is elsewhere. In another/future life I am an entrepreneur and raconteur living life in NY.
I feel I'm best suited to be a flâneur, but life doesn't seem to permit it.
I'll chime in and say that I liked both this fit and the photo of it quite a bit. Stylish without being at all self-consciously so. You look like you are enjoying yourself.post #18202 of 509861/29/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
flâneur. love it. that's exactly what i was doing and what i'm good at. time to start a society. gotta pay the bills somehow though, right?post #18203 of 509861/29/13 at 5:26pmpost #18204 of 509861/29/13 at 5:32pmpost #18205 of 509861/29/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
thanks. jacket was a vintage fallan and harvey i picked up on etsy for a good price.
you should have seen me and mike that night. he was wearing a baller kiton jacket that had more than a passing similarity to mine in pattern. we looked a bit twinsy when we went out. good thing I wasn't wearing the grape herringbone that day, since Mike was wearing those and I only had brought a few pairs of trousers.post #18206 of 509861/29/13 at 6:37pmpost #18207 of 509861/29/13 at 7:03pmpost #18208 of 509861/29/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
agree. wish i had bought. patterns are bold up close wj4!
Edited by oisin - 1/29/13 at 10:46pmpost #18209 of 509861/29/13 at 7:26pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 27 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 39 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?