or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1213

post #18181 of 32778
Really good stuff, oisin! Where was that at? I always thought you were in L.A.!

Today....Liberty shirt and Shetland cardigan:




Got this in the mail. I cannot wait to wear them with shorts.
post #18182 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post


Twins today! (with Alden #4 captoes)



 

From where are your trousers?  I've been looking for a pair just like that for some time.  Thanks!

post #18183 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

this is as good, or better, than a lot of what's posted in WAYWT. no one will accuse you of doing anything "next level" but it's a really solid non-suit jacket/tie/trousers combo without being too stodgy at all. gloves, boots & bag ain't too shabby neither. if MoK can post his fits in SW&D WAYWT, I'd say this would fit right in as well.
I lurk the thread every now and then, and I feel there's a lot of guys who try too hard to be funny, man...takes the quality of the thread low tremendously. I do agree with you on the outfit being top notch though. We L.A. locals should get dressed up and do one butt kicking outfit picture! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18184 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

^^ Love those #4 Caps ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

cheers.gif

I like the cuffs on yours. And those boots... nod[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Those boots are at the top of my shoe wish list.

Thanks, gents! Third day of the Mac Method today, so the boots finally got to leave the office (no carpet at home). They're great.

I did 1.75" cuffs on a number of pairs of the flannel and tweed factory finds that I got. Yours look good without, FrankCowperwood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChang View Post

From where are your trousers?  I've been looking for a pair just like that for some time.  Thanks!

Epaulet. They were one of the factory find options several months ago. You could check with the store whether they still have any of the fabric, but it's probably gone. frown.gif

If you're looking for something green. I can highly recommend these: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-chinos/products/slim-walt-trouser-uk-donegal-tweed-ivy-marl. Much darker but very nice.
post #18185 of 32778
Everyone, I have a question about sizing Epaulet's Southwick for Michael Kuhle sportcoats. I have a size 40 Caine in hopsack which is a good slim fit, slightly tight in the shoulders. Looking at Epaulet's measurements, the 40 should have a 17.5" shoulder, but my jacket is exactly 18". This barely fits, as my shoulders measure out to 18"; I normally wear a 42 and get things tailored.

Did I get lucky and just get a "big" 40? For the next sportcoat/jacket I purchase, should I size up to 42 and expect to send the jacket out to get taken in? Thanks.
post #18186 of 32778
Could others who own Epaulet jackets report on shoulder measurements? I think someone above asked if the measurements on site were measured across the front or the back of the jacket, but I think the question went unanswered.
post #18187 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post


If you're looking for something green. I can highly recommend these: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-chinos/products/slim-walt-trouser-uk-donegal-tweed-ivy-marl. Much darker but very nice.

Regarding the Ivy Marl tweed trousers, how heavy are these? Mike, would you quantify the weight of the fabric?
post #18188 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

Could others who own Epaulet jackets report on shoulder measurements? I think someone above asked if the measurements on site were measured across the front or the back of the jacket, but I think the question went unanswered.
As a general rule, the shoulder measurement is taken across the back of garments.
post #18189 of 32778
I understand that. I think the question, especially if people are reporting shoulder measurements larger than those listed on the Epaulet site, is how i Epaulet actually measuring them, not how it's done in general.
post #18190 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

this is as good, or better, than a lot of what's posted in WAYWT. no one will accuse you of doing anything "next level" but it's a really solid non-suit jacket/tie/trousers combo without being too stodgy at all. gloves, boots & bag ain't too shabby neither. if MoK can post his fits in SW&D WAYWT, I'd say this would fit right in as well.
I lurk the thread every now and then, and I feel there's a lot of guys who try too hard to be funny, man...takes the quality of the thread low tremendously.

 

I think the general consensus on the quality of that thread is that it's dictated more by the fits than by the commentary, and while you're not wrong that there is some low-brow humor from time to time, as well as thread derailments or whatever else, for the most part I've found that if you maintain a thick skin and take/respond to criticism well, you will improve as will the treatment you receive from other posters. After awhile you'll know who the dumb people are that should be ignored as well, and there are far fewer of them compared to the number of genuine enthusiasts looking to help each other out.

post #18191 of 32778

i would just go w/ the chest measurement.  a lot of people have jackets they are measuring w/ shoulders too wide anyways.  

post #18192 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

I understand that. I think the question, especially if people are reporting shoulder measurements larger than those listed on the Epaulet site, is how i Epaulet actually measuring them, not how it's done in general.

The shirts are measured across the back. I would be very surprised if the jackets were not. You can always call them if you need the final clarification.
post #18193 of 32778

I was wondering about the jacket sizing as well, e.g. for the Weller sportcoat, the sizing runs like this:

 

SIZE CHEST     SHOULDER SLEEVE LENGTH APPROX. EPAULET SHIRT SIZE
34 17.5" 16" 25" 29.25" XSMALL
36 18.5" 16.5" 25" 29.5" SMALL
38 19.5" 17" 25.5" 29.75" MEDIUM
40 20.5" 17.5" 26" 30" LARGE
42 21.5" 18" 26" 30.25" XLARGE
44 22.5" 18.5" 26.5" 30.5" XXLARGE

 

Sz 38 has a shoulder width of 17" and corresponds to a size Medium in Epaulet shirts, which has a shoulder width of 18"? The chest size is also slightly smaller.

 

SIZE CHEST
 
Sleeves from Back Sleeves from Shoulder Collar Shoulder Length
XSMALL 18" 34.5" 25" 15" 17" 29"
SMALL 19" 35" 25.5" 15.5" 17.5" 29.5"
MEDIUM 20" 35.5" 26" 16" 18" 30"
LARGE 21" 36" 26.5" 16.5" 18.5" 30.5"
XLARGE 22" 36.5" 27" 17" 19" 31"
XXLARGE 23" 37" 27.5" 17.5" 19.5" 31.5"
post #18194 of 32778

you're over thinking it.  you're not going to have the same measurements on a shirt and jacket.  

post #18195 of 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

i would just go w/ the chest measurement.  a lot of people have jackets they are measuring w/ shoulders too wide anyways.  

terrible advice. the shoulders are the single most important measurement of a sportcoat/suit jacket. it's very easy to let out the chest of a jacket. it's even easier to take in the chest of the jacket. it's near impossible to perfectly modify the shoulder structure of a jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread