Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Edited on 1/9/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1207post #18092 of 208691/24/13 at 6:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by leftofthedial
For those of you who missed out on the grey Donegal Daltrey we ran last year, here's your chance to snag it! This fabric is seriously my perfect F/W jacket.
Factory Find Daltrey Grey Donegal w/Red Flecks
Hey Matt/Mike - the gray Donegal jacket, that is not the same fabric and color as the gray donegal trousers you currently have (and that I purchased a few months ago) by chance is it?
Also, is the Maroon Herringbone Tweed close to a brown at all?
Jamiepost #18093 of 208691/24/13 at 7:17pmpost #18094 of 208691/24/13 at 8:11pmpost #18095 of 208691/24/13 at 8:24pmpost #18096 of 208691/24/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
The fit of the Napoli is the same as the Daltrey/Weller/Caine.
The only difference is that the Napoli has no padding in the shoulder.
Quote:Originally Posted by Michael Sy
What degree range would you say the cardigan is applicable for?
Sydney, in winter, has a spectrum of 50 to 70 degrees (F). However, if it is windy, it can get a bit cooler.
It appears to be one of your top cardigans, knitted in the U.K, I assume it is of pretty high quality.
I'd say that the Hardie is good down to about 40 degree F. It would probably be comfortable up to about 70F or so.
It's incredible quality and, honestly, one of my favorite knitwear pieces that we've ever done. It's a little more on the side of outerwear than a layering piece, but I think it would be an almost perfect jacket-type piece for Australia.Quote:
It's similar, but in my opinion a hair lighter.Quote:
I believe they'll be here by the end of the month. Thanks for you patience through the Southwick Factory Finds insanity today!Quote:
I'd say it's pretty close to the Cadet Grey Merino Walt trouser that we are currently stocking. It's definitely not as textured as the Air Force flannel, but fairly close in color. It's a nice tone for a light blue/greycast odd jacket.Quote:
The grey Donegal is the same fabric as the Daltrey we ran last year. It's a grey Donegal tweed with red flecks. I'll see if I can find a close up of my jacket.
That tweed definitely reads in the red family. That said, I think that if you pair it with something in the blue or brown family it could take on a slightly different tone. That's one of my absolute favorite fabrics that we've had the pleasure of making jackets in. It's ridiculously awesome.post #18097 of 208691/25/13 at 5:17am
Posted for those wondering about the Daltrey with red flecks. The swatch does seem a touch darker than the real thing, but I suspect that's just due to the contrast of the white, glowing screen. Hope this helps; It's a great jacket.
(Apologies for the iPhone photography, but it's all I've got).post #18098 of 208691/25/13 at 5:25ampost #18099 of 208691/25/13 at 5:43am
After weeks of searching I cannot find anyone who has non shell longwing boots in stock in a last I am happy with and a uk 10.5. Alden has an 18 month waiting list for chromoexcel plazas and getting a c&j skye 2 just aint gonna happen. Were I slightly better off, id go for your shell steinbeck boots but alas I am not. Do you anticipate getting any further stock in carmina calf or CXL steinbecks in the near future?post #18100 of 208691/25/13 at 8:28ampost #18101 of 208691/25/13 at 8:43ampost #18102 of 208691/25/13 at 9:16am^ yep, I had to do this when I special ordered a jacket a few years ago - I went up 2 sizes from my usual 40L to 44L (I have see some 40L jackets from other makers that are up to 19" in the shoulders, but most of my others are around the 18.25" range). I actually ordered 2 jackets, one of which I ended up selling because I was never 100% happy with the fit, and I still have the other one. Unfortunately, it's a heavy Harris Tweed jacket and I live in Florida now, so I hardly ever get to wear it
In retrospect, I wish I only sized up from 40L to 42L, that probably would have worked out better for me. I really see some fabrics I like in the new Factory Finds, but unfortunately I have zero disposable income to spend at the moment, which is a shame because there's at least one or two I'd really like to have.post #18103 of 208691/25/13 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
^ yep, I had to do this when I special ordered a jacket a few years ago - I went up 2 sizes from my usual 40L to 44L (I have see some 40L jackets from other makers that are up to 19" in the shoulders, but most of my others are around the 18.25" range). I actually ordered 2 jackets, one of which I ended up selling because I was never 100% happy with the fit, and I still have the other one. Unfortunately, it's a heavy Harris Tweed jacket and I live in Florida now, so I hardly ever get to wear it
In retrospect, I wish I only sized up from 40L to 42L, that probably would have worked out better for me. I really see some fabrics I like in the new Factory Finds, but unfortunately I have zero disposable income to spend at the moment, which is a shame because there's at least one or two I'd really like to have.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm a 40R off the rack, and none of my jackets have a shoulder width anywhere close to 17.5". It seems like 42R is my best bet.post #18104 of 208691/25/13 at 10:00am^ I'm a 40R off the rack, as well. I have two Epaulet jackets (and just ordered two more), and they fit great in the shoulders. I agree that my other 40R jackets generally have a shoulder measurement about an inch or so wider, but the Epaulet jackets fit. Here's a picture of me in one of them (not the best photo for judging shoulder fit, but it should give you some idea. Also, it was uploaded using the mobile site, so click for a larger version.):
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 28 seconds ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 46 seconds ago
- › Used in good condition-Howard Yount Royal Blue Summer Blazer Size... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alteration: taking in center seam vs. taking in side seams 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › What is your workhorse untucked short sleeve shirt for summer? 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 7 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw