or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1207

post #18091 of 36616
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

For those of you who missed out on the grey Donegal Daltrey we ran last year, here's your chance to snag it! This fabric is seriously my perfect F/W jacket.



Factory Find Daltrey Grey Donegal w/Red Flecks

Hey Matt/Mike - the gray Donegal jacket, that is not the same fabric and color as the gray donegal trousers you currently have (and that I purchased a few months ago) by chance is it?

Also, is the Maroon Herringbone Tweed close to a brown at all?

Thanks guys,
Jamie
post #18092 of 36616
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Airforce Blue Flannel and Carmina Jumper Boot: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Thanks, needed those pics of the jumper boot in the field! nod[1].gif
post #18093 of 36616
I hope the future factory find jackets are this good. There are 5 I want, 1 I bought.
post #18094 of 36616

edit: Read through the rest of the Measurement info, guess I'll go remeasure myself with my tailor.


Edited by sleu - 1/24/13 at 8:38pm
post #18095 of 36616
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleu View Post

Ahhh dunno how the other fits work for me, but I've tried on the Napoli fit before and I like it. Also narrows down my options unfortunately. Decisions decisions...

 

The fit of the Napoli is the same as the Daltrey/Weller/Caine. 

 

The only difference is that the Napoli has no padding in the shoulder.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

What degree range would you say the cardigan is applicable for?

 

Sydney, in winter, has a spectrum of 50 to 70 degrees (F). However, if it is windy, it can get a bit cooler.

 

It appears to be one of your top cardigans, knitted in the U.K, I assume it is of pretty high quality.

 

I'd say that the Hardie is good down to about 40 degree F. It would probably be comfortable up to about 70F or so. 

 

It's incredible quality and, honestly, one of my favorite knitwear pieces that we've ever done. It's a little more on the side of outerwear than a layering piece, but I think it would be an almost perfect jacket-type piece for Australia.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

In terms of weight, how does the factory find harris tweed compare to the olive multi tattersall daltrey that's at the shop now? About the same?

 

It's similar, but in my opinion a hair lighter.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post


my question didnt get answered in the insanity special order southwicks lol.

 

I believe they'll be here by the end of the month. Thanks for you patience through the Southwick Factory Finds insanity today!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malwear View Post

How would you compare the color/tone of the Greycast Blue Caine to the Airforce Flannel pants?

 

I'd say it's pretty close to the Cadet Grey Merino Walt trouser that we are currently stocking. It's definitely not as textured as the Air Force flannel, but fairly close in color. It's a nice tone for a light blue/greycast odd jacket. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunk View Post


Hey Matt/Mike - the gray Donegal jacket, that is not the same fabric and color as the gray donegal trousers you currently have (and that I purchased a few months ago) by chance is it?

Also, is the Maroon Herringbone Tweed close to a brown at all?

Thanks guys,
Jamie

 

The grey Donegal is the same fabric as the Daltrey we ran last year. It's a grey Donegal tweed with red flecks. I'll see if I can find a close up of my jacket.

 

That tweed definitely reads in the red family. That said, I think that if you pair it with something in the blue or brown family it could take on a slightly different tone. That's one of my absolute favorite fabrics that we've had the pleasure of making jackets in. It's ridiculously awesome.

post #18096 of 36616


Posted for those wondering about the Daltrey with red flecks. The swatch does seem a touch darker than the real thing, but I suspect that's just due to the contrast of the white, glowing screen. Hope this helps; It's a great jacket.

(Apologies for the iPhone photography, but it's all I've got).
post #18097 of 36616
Are the shoulder measurements based on the front or back measurements?
post #18098 of 36616

Hi epaulet,

 

After weeks of searching I cannot find anyone who has non shell longwing boots in stock in a last I am happy with and a uk 10.5. Alden has an 18 month waiting list for chromoexcel plazas and getting a c&j skye 2 just aint gonna happen. Were I slightly better off, id go for your shell steinbeck boots but alas I am not. Do you anticipate getting any further stock in carmina calf or CXL steinbecks in the near future? 

post #18099 of 36616

Harris tweed ordered. Wake me up when it's April-June.

post #18100 of 36616
The jacket shoulder measurements are very tight. Has anyone had to size up from their normal size?
post #18101 of 36616
^ yep, I had to do this when I special ordered a jacket a few years ago - I went up 2 sizes from my usual 40L to 44L (I have see some 40L jackets from other makers that are up to 19" in the shoulders, but most of my others are around the 18.25" range). I actually ordered 2 jackets, one of which I ended up selling because I was never 100% happy with the fit, and I still have the other one. Unfortunately, it's a heavy Harris Tweed jacket and I live in Florida now, so I hardly ever get to wear it frown.gif

In retrospect, I wish I only sized up from 40L to 42L, that probably would have worked out better for me. I really see some fabrics I like in the new Factory Finds, but unfortunately I have zero disposable income to spend at the moment, which is a shame because there's at least one or two I'd really like to have.
post #18102 of 36616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

^ yep, I had to do this when I special ordered a jacket a few years ago - I went up 2 sizes from my usual 40L to 44L (I have see some 40L jackets from other makers that are up to 19" in the shoulders, but most of my others are around the 18.25" range). I actually ordered 2 jackets, one of which I ended up selling because I was never 100% happy with the fit, and I still have the other one. Unfortunately, it's a heavy Harris Tweed jacket and I live in Florida now, so I hardly ever get to wear it frown.gif

In retrospect, I wish I only sized up from 40L to 42L, that probably would have worked out better for me. I really see some fabrics I like in the new Factory Finds, but unfortunately I have zero disposable income to spend at the moment, which is a shame because there's at least one or two I'd really like to have.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a 40R off the rack, and none of my jackets have a shoulder width anywhere close to 17.5". It seems like 42R is my best bet.
post #18103 of 36616
^ I'm a 40R off the rack, as well. I have two Epaulet jackets (and just ordered two more), and they fit great in the shoulders. I agree that my other 40R jackets generally have a shoulder measurement about an inch or so wider, but the Epaulet jackets fit. Here's a picture of me in one of them (not the best photo for judging shoulder fit, but it should give you some idea. Also, it was uploaded using the mobile site, so click for a larger version.):

http://www.styleforum.net/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/17205#post_5956012
post #18104 of 36616
any idea when the Navy Jodhpur pre-oreders might show up? I'm hoping to get some wears in before winter is over.

Thanks
post #18105 of 36616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

^ yep, I had to do this when I special ordered a jacket a few years ago - I went up 2 sizes from my usual 40L to 44L (I have see some 40L jackets from other makers that are up to 19" in the shoulders, but most of my others are around the 18.25" range). I actually ordered 2 jackets, one of which I ended up selling because I was never 100% happy with the fit, and I still have the other one. Unfortunately, it's a heavy Harris Tweed jacket and I live in Florida now, so I hardly ever get to wear it frown.gif

In retrospect, I wish I only sized up from 40L to 42L, that probably would have worked out better for me. I really see some fabrics I like in the new Factory Finds, but unfortunately I have zero disposable income to spend at the moment, which is a shame because there's at least one or two I'd really like to have.

+1, I think that I even got the same jacket that you did in 44L due to the shoulder measure, but with that I had bought a 42L. I was lucky enough to get to the store last month and it's clear that the 42L will be the right fit for me. FWIW, I'm a 41L or 42L in BB Fitz, 42L in BB Milano, 40L in BB Regent.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread