Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1144
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17147 of 3519012/3/12 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
^ They are going to fit very similarly. I have noticed my wool Walts fit a touch slimmer than my Regiments in the same tagged size, but I only have one wool pair, in the flannel which is a heavier fabric, so that might influence it.
There are members here w/ dozens of pairs, so I'll let them have the last word...Quote:Quote:
Thank you gentlemen!post #17148 of 3519012/3/12 at 5:46pmpost #17149 of 3519012/3/12 at 6:20pmpost #17150 of 3519012/3/12 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
I take a 31 in the chinos and 32 in the Walt, but I get them taken in to become a 31.
Today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mehid6CEoW1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg
Nice sweater - who made it?post #17151 of 3519012/3/12 at 7:49pmpost #17152 of 3519012/4/12 at 7:05amQuote:
Yes, this is absolutely true. Although we don't have shipment to China built into our online site, anyone in the mainland can always email us and we can send over shipping quotes and options. Although most people there prefer to route the packages through friends or family in Hong Kong to avoid import taxes. Shipping to HK is extremely fast and easy.
Don't say that too loudly - my wallet might hear! Shipping to Hong Kong is a good way to keep my Epaulet spending down - but good to know though that if there is something I really can't wait for, that shipping to China is possible.
I just arrived back from my trip where I collected my factory finds .... One minor glitch - I went almost with an empty suitcase as I was picking up 2 shirts and 2 pairs of linen trousers, and figured I could wear those while I was in Hong Kong. I forgot though that the factory finds are supplied at an unfinished 36-inches (+) length, so I had to get creative with a hotel sewing kit ..!
Outstanding quality as ever for the trousers. If pushed I would say the herringbone blue linen is my favourite - by far the softest linen I have ever handled - quite amazing in fact. I was a bit surprised how "lime" the "pale lime" linen turned out - but only in a good way Can't wait to rock those next summer.
The only problem is that I would *really* like to put a 1.5/2-inch cuff on the chartreuse heavyweight tweed - but with a 34-inch inside leg, even with the generous length of the trousers (more like 37 than 36 inches) this just isn't going to work. Has anyone had a fake cuff tailored on a pair of Walts in a thick cloth? I had my guy do this earlier this year on a pair of linen trousers, but I'm not sure how it will work on these trousers.
Looking now at the latest gallery of fabrics - that fire-red corduroy is looking mighty tempting....post #17153 of 3519012/4/12 at 8:06ampost #17154 of 3519012/4/12 at 8:36ampost #17155 of 3519012/4/12 at 9:17ampost #17156 of 3519012/4/12 at 11:53ampost #17157 of 3519012/4/12 at 1:08pmfor those who were looking for LA tailor recs, I am going to rescind my rec for paul's. He did a good job on my caine sportcoat that is too small for me but I just took in a bunch of suits and sport coats I got on eBay and etsy and things did not come out well at all. I will go back and I'm sure he can fix it, but it's annoying when you go in to pick up, ask if you should try stuff on and he says no no it's perfect I promise and then things are a total mess. George always asks if you want to try things on.post #17158 of 3519012/4/12 at 1:30pmpost #17159 of 3519012/4/12 at 1:52pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Carlo Franco 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone know what shoe this is? 10 minutes ago
- › Italian CBD 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)