Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:09 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1144
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17147 of 4519612/3/12 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
^ They are going to fit very similarly. I have noticed my wool Walts fit a touch slimmer than my Regiments in the same tagged size, but I only have one wool pair, in the flannel which is a heavier fabric, so that might influence it.
There are members here w/ dozens of pairs, so I'll let them have the last word...Quote:Quote:
Thank you gentlemen!post #17148 of 4519612/3/12 at 5:46pmpost #17149 of 4519612/3/12 at 6:20pmpost #17150 of 4519612/3/12 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
I take a 31 in the chinos and 32 in the Walt, but I get them taken in to become a 31.
Today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mehid6CEoW1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg
Nice sweater - who made it?post #17151 of 4519612/3/12 at 7:49pmpost #17152 of 4519612/4/12 at 7:05amQuote:
Yes, this is absolutely true. Although we don't have shipment to China built into our online site, anyone in the mainland can always email us and we can send over shipping quotes and options. Although most people there prefer to route the packages through friends or family in Hong Kong to avoid import taxes. Shipping to HK is extremely fast and easy.
Don't say that too loudly - my wallet might hear! Shipping to Hong Kong is a good way to keep my Epaulet spending down - but good to know though that if there is something I really can't wait for, that shipping to China is possible.
I just arrived back from my trip where I collected my factory finds .... One minor glitch - I went almost with an empty suitcase as I was picking up 2 shirts and 2 pairs of linen trousers, and figured I could wear those while I was in Hong Kong. I forgot though that the factory finds are supplied at an unfinished 36-inches (+) length, so I had to get creative with a hotel sewing kit ..!
Outstanding quality as ever for the trousers. If pushed I would say the herringbone blue linen is my favourite - by far the softest linen I have ever handled - quite amazing in fact. I was a bit surprised how "lime" the "pale lime" linen turned out - but only in a good way Can't wait to rock those next summer.
The only problem is that I would *really* like to put a 1.5/2-inch cuff on the chartreuse heavyweight tweed - but with a 34-inch inside leg, even with the generous length of the trousers (more like 37 than 36 inches) this just isn't going to work. Has anyone had a fake cuff tailored on a pair of Walts in a thick cloth? I had my guy do this earlier this year on a pair of linen trousers, but I'm not sure how it will work on these trousers.
Looking now at the latest gallery of fabrics - that fire-red corduroy is looking mighty tempting....post #17153 of 4519612/4/12 at 8:06ampost #17154 of 4519612/4/12 at 8:36ampost #17155 of 4519612/4/12 at 9:17ampost #17156 of 4519612/4/12 at 11:53ampost #17157 of 4519612/4/12 at 1:08pmfor those who were looking for LA tailor recs, I am going to rescind my rec for paul's. He did a good job on my caine sportcoat that is too small for me but I just took in a bunch of suits and sport coats I got on eBay and etsy and things did not come out well at all. I will go back and I'm sure he can fix it, but it's annoying when you go in to pick up, ask if you should try stuff on and he says no no it's perfect I promise and then things are a total mess. George always asks if you want to try things on.post #17158 of 4519612/4/12 at 1:30pmpost #17159 of 4519612/4/12 at 1:52pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › MC General Chat 19 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...