Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/17/16 at 7:54am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 1:33 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1144post #17147 of 5636612/3/12 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
^ They are going to fit very similarly. I have noticed my wool Walts fit a touch slimmer than my Regiments in the same tagged size, but I only have one wool pair, in the flannel which is a heavier fabric, so that might influence it.
There are members here w/ dozens of pairs, so I'll let them have the last word...Quote:Quote:
Thank you gentlemen!post #17148 of 5636612/3/12 at 5:46pmpost #17149 of 5636612/3/12 at 6:20pmpost #17150 of 5636612/3/12 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
I take a 31 in the chinos and 32 in the Walt, but I get them taken in to become a 31.
Today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mehid6CEoW1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg
Nice sweater - who made it?post #17151 of 5636612/3/12 at 7:49pmpost #17152 of 5636612/4/12 at 7:05amQuote:
Yes, this is absolutely true. Although we don't have shipment to China built into our online site, anyone in the mainland can always email us and we can send over shipping quotes and options. Although most people there prefer to route the packages through friends or family in Hong Kong to avoid import taxes. Shipping to HK is extremely fast and easy.
Don't say that too loudly - my wallet might hear! Shipping to Hong Kong is a good way to keep my Epaulet spending down - but good to know though that if there is something I really can't wait for, that shipping to China is possible.
I just arrived back from my trip where I collected my factory finds .... One minor glitch - I went almost with an empty suitcase as I was picking up 2 shirts and 2 pairs of linen trousers, and figured I could wear those while I was in Hong Kong. I forgot though that the factory finds are supplied at an unfinished 36-inches (+) length, so I had to get creative with a hotel sewing kit ..!
Outstanding quality as ever for the trousers. If pushed I would say the herringbone blue linen is my favourite - by far the softest linen I have ever handled - quite amazing in fact. I was a bit surprised how "lime" the "pale lime" linen turned out - but only in a good way Can't wait to rock those next summer.
The only problem is that I would *really* like to put a 1.5/2-inch cuff on the chartreuse heavyweight tweed - but with a 34-inch inside leg, even with the generous length of the trousers (more like 37 than 36 inches) this just isn't going to work. Has anyone had a fake cuff tailored on a pair of Walts in a thick cloth? I had my guy do this earlier this year on a pair of linen trousers, but I'm not sure how it will work on these trousers.
Looking now at the latest gallery of fabrics - that fire-red corduroy is looking mighty tempting....post #17153 of 5636612/4/12 at 8:06ampost #17154 of 5636612/4/12 at 8:36ampost #17155 of 5636612/4/12 at 9:17ampost #17156 of 5636612/4/12 at 11:53ampost #17157 of 5636612/4/12 at 1:08pmfor those who were looking for LA tailor recs, I am going to rescind my rec for paul's. He did a good job on my caine sportcoat that is too small for me but I just took in a bunch of suits and sport coats I got on eBay and etsy and things did not come out well at all. I will go back and I'm sure he can fix it, but it's annoying when you go in to pick up, ask if you should try stuff on and he says no no it's perfect I promise and then things are a total mess. George always asks if you want to try things on.post #17158 of 5636612/4/12 at 1:30pmpost #17159 of 5636612/4/12 at 1:52pmpost #17160 of 5636612/4/12 at 2:19pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Things you just don't get 46 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 11 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...