Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on Yesterday at 11:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:26 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1111
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16652 of 3495511/13/12 at 12:03pmSo the GF dragged me to the mall over the weekend and at some point I wandered off and went to Nordstroms. They had the 1000 mile boots and I was really impressed that they were not that bulky. They seemed noticeably more elegant than Alden's tend to. It made me think that I may be quite happy with the shell version, except, it like so many other cordovan boots comes in a leather sole. So I know that cordovan is a very elegant material but being that one of its greatest strengths is its ability to handle harsh weather, why are not more shell boots available in a water resistant sole like dainite?post #16653 of 3495511/13/12 at 12:50pmQuote:
They're pretty dissimilar in real life. The Marcello is much lighter weight and much brighter overall. I'd say that if you're looking for an awesome guncheck jacket for Fall-Spring, the Daltrey definitely fits the bill!post #16654 of 3495511/13/12 at 12:55pmpost #16655 of 3495511/13/12 at 2:45pmHey guys!
Thanks again for all of the orders, we're hard at work today! I've got an avalanche of PM's at the moment (about 85 in the past day and a half), so it will take me a bit to get back to everyone, but I'll do my best to answer everything as quickly as possible. In the meantime, if you have any really urgent questions - especially on a time-sensitive sale item - calling one of our shops during opening hours is probably your best bet.Quote:Originally Posted by unclesam099
If you hover over the Sunspel navy polo, it shows that size Large is all that there is available. When you click on it, there's no size dropdown. That is not the same as on other pages with a product that is in only one size.
The polos only show up under All products, and not under shirts.
Thanks for the heads-up! We realized what went wrong here. When creating multi-size items, they get formatted incorrectly if you only specify one size available. We did it in this case because the item was new and the only units were large.
In the future, we just need to create a another size and zero out the stock, and that will prevent that scenario. In case something else slips through, please know that the size shown in that shadowed mouse rollover is the size of the item.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
I think this photo got a little lost in the wild sale frenzy, but this Daltrey is really beautiful, and worn very nicely here. Any tailoring, Matt, or does it fit like that for you right off the rack?
And oops, I see it is available in my size. Will have to seriously consider this.
Anyway, great photo.
This jacket is gorgeous in person, and with the color scheme it's quite wearable. I have to say Frank, I think that this guy is really your styleQuote:
Haha sure, I can certainly see a "Stanley" in our future!Quote:Originally Posted by velomane
Question for you guys. I picked up the Loro Piana Navy Windowpane jacket from the sale. I see that there is one pair of trousers left in the same material, thought several sizes too large for me (I usually take a 30 and these are 33's). Do you suppose a competent tailor would be able to modify them to fit me?
Generally the guideline is to take in a maximum of 2" for standard tailoring - which is just taking in the trouser in the back seam. After that, the proportions of the trousers and where it sits on your body is going to get crazy. So you'll need to have the trousers recut. A 3" recut should definitely be possible for a good tailor. It's generally a lot more expensive than just taking it in, so depending on where you are, you might have a charge of $60 - $100. But if its a good tailor who's familiar with mens clothing, then it should definitely be possible. Taking in 3" is a lot, but it's not extreme. You'd just have to factor in the time and cost of doing that.Quote:Originally Posted by countrygent
Just got my suede Eisenhower home from the post office - phenomenal piece, pretty much exactly what I've been looking for in my search for a suede jacket over the past few years. Fit is basically spot-on (sleeves could be shortened an inch but I don't think I'll bother) and I would have to say it is one of the more beautiful garments I own. Thanks Mike & Adele!
Thank you so much - I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with the jacket!
We're definitely going to bring in more of those for Spring. I'm really happy with how they came out. Back in the day when I bought for Saks, I would always drool at the calfskin and suede jackets that we would stock from the likes of Zegna. The fit was always awful, but the leather was great, and the construction was ace. That's what I was going for on the Eisenhower/Mulberry pieces - that old-school luxe quality but with a sharp, updated fit. I think that they nailed it.Quote:Originally Posted by stlms3
So the GF dragged me to the mall over the weekend and at some point I wandered off and went to Nordstroms. They had the 1000 mile boots and I was really impressed that they were not that bulky. They seemed noticeably more elegant than Alden's tend to. It made me think that I may be quite happy with the shell version, except, it like so many other cordovan boots comes in a leather sole. So I know that cordovan is a very elegant material but being that one of its greatest strengths is its ability to handle harsh weather, why are not more shell boots available in a water resistant sole like dainite?
Big note on the Shell 1000 Miles: they're unlined. Despite what other people might say about them, I'd officially caution anyone against wearing them heavily in really harsh weather. Shell is certainly a tough material, but it's expensive, and these aren't super-rugged, despite appearances.post #16656 of 3495511/13/12 at 3:11pmpost #16657 of 3495511/13/12 at 3:25pmpost #16658 of 3495511/13/12 at 4:10pmpost #16659 of 3495511/13/12 at 4:42pmmike, can you compare the N3-B parka and the men's monte carlo jacket? i know the parka has a hood but other than that.
also can you talk about sizing. i am between a small and a medium in your shirts.
i tried the parka on in store and 36 was a hair too tight and 38 fit about right for me.
thanks in advance.post #16660 of 3495511/13/12 at 5:11pmMike, some site feedback:
-Available sizes always display on top of the products for me using IE 8.6001 with the product shaded, whereas with chrome I only see them when hovering over the product with the mouse(which I presume is the desired effect)
-Yesterday I experience a bug where product photos from one item got mixed up with product titles from other itemspost #16661 of 3495511/13/12 at 6:29pmpost #16662 of 3495511/13/12 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
We're definitely going to bring in more of those for Spring. I'm really happy with how they came out. Back in the day when I bought for Saks, I would always drool at the calfskin and suede jackets that we would stock from the likes of Zegna. The fit was always awful, but the leather was great, and the construction was ace. That's what I was going for on the Eisenhower/Mulberry pieces - that old-school luxe quality but with a sharp, updated fit. I think that they nailed it.
Fit and quality are great in the two Eisenhower jackets I have, suede and navy melton. I hope you think about bringing in a spring/summer version - a nice crisp navy twill perhaps?post #16663 of 3495511/13/12 at 7:14pmpost #16664 of 3495511/13/12 at 7:52pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1962 Active Users (455 Members and 1507 Guests)
- › things that are making you happy 12 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Geneva Custom Shirts -- LIKE NEW 15.5 4 minutes ago
- › DROP: Gaziano & Girling Cambridge in vintage rioja calf DG70 (smart... 5 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...