Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on Today at 5:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1091
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16352 of 3488311/4/12 at 4:43pm
Hi Mike - I've got a question about your Spiewak coat. I was at a surplus store today and tried on a "Golden Fleece" coat from Spiewak that fit me well in size 38, which is the same size I wear in my Filson Mackinaw Cruiser. However, according to the sizing information on the product page, I would be a 36 since I wear an Epaulet shirt medium. Should I go with your sizing instructions - since the sizing will be different than their typical coats? Will that leave room for a thick sweater or other layering? I'd appreciate any guidance you could provide.post #16353 of 3488311/4/12 at 10:00pmQuote:
Ah neither of them - the Mulberry is a much lighter weight and softer piece. I'm not familiar with Aero's entire line, but I never saw anything like that from Vanson.Quote:Originally Posted by ascher07
Hey, I have a trouser question. I played rugby and do crossfit, so when I tried a couple pairs of Rivets they proved way too tight in the seat and slightly too tight in the thighs.
Would the Walt's fit me, or should I just wait it out for the next shipment of Rudy's?
Thanks for any help.Quote:
If you found the Rivet Chinos to be too slim, then I'd recommend trying a Rudy. You can always order one pair when we do the next preorder round (should be next week) to see if you like the fit. I'd be confident that it will either fit well straight off the rack or with a tiny bit of tailoring.Quote:
Haha, that's definitely me. Played in a ska band for years back in college. You can actually buy our album on Amazon for LITERALLY three cents:
Wow, that's kind of depressing. Not that much underpriced though. I was an enthusiastic singer, but not much of a good one.
But yes, we play a lot of ska at the Manhattan shop, as long as I'm working that day. I love the Bosstones too!Quote:Originally Posted by jimney
Hi Mike - I've got a question about your Spiewak coat. I was at a surplus store today and tried on a "Golden Fleece" coat from Spiewak that fit me well in size 38, which is the same size I wear in my Filson Mackinaw Cruiser. However, according to the sizing information on the product page, I would be a 36 since I wear an Epaulet shirt medium. Should I go with your sizing instructions - since the sizing will be different than their typical coats? Will that leave room for a thick sweater or other layering? I'd appreciate any guidance you could provide.
Hmm, good question. Spiewak's sizing on their imported stuff isn't totally consistent with this jacket, but I would imagine that the Filson jacket would be equally generous in fit. It depends a bit on how you're built and how you prefer the jacket to fit. I'd say that it works for most guys, but some will want more or less room.
Given you info, I'd probably suggest the 38. If you like the fit on that Filson coat, then I think that this will be similar. And we've certainly had guys who wear Epaulet Mediums pick up the size 38 with the intention of layering a very heavy sweater, or just preferring the slightly bigger fit. NewYorkRanger bought that size, and he fits into an Epaulet Medium shirt perfectly.
Edited by Epaulet - 11/4/12 at 10:23pmpost #16354 of 3488311/4/12 at 10:44pmpost #16355 of 3488311/5/12 at 4:07ampost #16356 of 3488311/5/12 at 8:21ampost #16357 of 3488311/5/12 at 9:17ampost #16358 of 3488311/5/12 at 9:46ampost #16359 of 3488311/5/12 at 9:52ampost #16360 of 3488311/5/12 at 9:58amQuote:
Regarding the check, yes, that is normal. It's just a slubby fabric.post #16361 of 3488311/5/12 at 9:58am
Well, from the pics they seem rather different. I'm not sure I'll order the taupe now though
And forgot to mention airforce flannel: it's SICK.
Also, Dbear, a couple of days earlier and your Eisenhower would be mine - the money went to Mike and Co. instead I'm yet to receive that piece, looking forward to it.post #16362 of 3488311/5/12 at 10:01ampost #16363 of 3488311/5/12 at 10:22ampost #16364 of 3488311/5/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Yes, AF flannel is wool.
Go ahead and tailor them right away as they'll never see the washer. Brush and dry lean sparingly as necessary only.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 16 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...