Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 7:21 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1091post #16352 of 5985711/4/12 at 4:43pm
Hi Mike - I've got a question about your Spiewak coat. I was at a surplus store today and tried on a "Golden Fleece" coat from Spiewak that fit me well in size 38, which is the same size I wear in my Filson Mackinaw Cruiser. However, according to the sizing information on the product page, I would be a 36 since I wear an Epaulet shirt medium. Should I go with your sizing instructions - since the sizing will be different than their typical coats? Will that leave room for a thick sweater or other layering? I'd appreciate any guidance you could provide.post #16353 of 5985711/4/12 at 10:00pmQuote:
Ah neither of them - the Mulberry is a much lighter weight and softer piece. I'm not familiar with Aero's entire line, but I never saw anything like that from Vanson.Quote:Originally Posted by ascher07
Hey, I have a trouser question. I played rugby and do crossfit, so when I tried a couple pairs of Rivets they proved way too tight in the seat and slightly too tight in the thighs.
Would the Walt's fit me, or should I just wait it out for the next shipment of Rudy's?
Thanks for any help.Quote:
If you found the Rivet Chinos to be too slim, then I'd recommend trying a Rudy. You can always order one pair when we do the next preorder round (should be next week) to see if you like the fit. I'd be confident that it will either fit well straight off the rack or with a tiny bit of tailoring.Quote:
Haha, that's definitely me. Played in a ska band for years back in college. You can actually buy our album on Amazon for LITERALLY three cents:
Wow, that's kind of depressing. Not that much underpriced though. I was an enthusiastic singer, but not much of a good one.
But yes, we play a lot of ska at the Manhattan shop, as long as I'm working that day. I love the Bosstones too!Quote:Originally Posted by jimney
Hi Mike - I've got a question about your Spiewak coat. I was at a surplus store today and tried on a "Golden Fleece" coat from Spiewak that fit me well in size 38, which is the same size I wear in my Filson Mackinaw Cruiser. However, according to the sizing information on the product page, I would be a 36 since I wear an Epaulet shirt medium. Should I go with your sizing instructions - since the sizing will be different than their typical coats? Will that leave room for a thick sweater or other layering? I'd appreciate any guidance you could provide.
Hmm, good question. Spiewak's sizing on their imported stuff isn't totally consistent with this jacket, but I would imagine that the Filson jacket would be equally generous in fit. It depends a bit on how you're built and how you prefer the jacket to fit. I'd say that it works for most guys, but some will want more or less room.
Given you info, I'd probably suggest the 38. If you like the fit on that Filson coat, then I think that this will be similar. And we've certainly had guys who wear Epaulet Mediums pick up the size 38 with the intention of layering a very heavy sweater, or just preferring the slightly bigger fit. NewYorkRanger bought that size, and he fits into an Epaulet Medium shirt perfectly.
Edited by Epaulet - 11/4/12 at 10:23pmpost #16354 of 5985711/4/12 at 10:44pmpost #16355 of 5985711/5/12 at 4:07ampost #16356 of 5985711/5/12 at 8:21ampost #16357 of 5985711/5/12 at 9:17ampost #16358 of 5985711/5/12 at 9:46ampost #16359 of 5985711/5/12 at 9:52ampost #16360 of 5985711/5/12 at 9:58amQuote:
Regarding the check, yes, that is normal. It's just a slubby fabric.post #16361 of 5985711/5/12 at 9:58am
Well, from the pics they seem rather different. I'm not sure I'll order the taupe now though
And forgot to mention airforce flannel: it's SICK.
Also, Dbear, a couple of days earlier and your Eisenhower would be mine - the money went to Mike and Co. instead I'm yet to receive that piece, looking forward to it.post #16362 of 5985711/5/12 at 10:01ampost #16363 of 5985711/5/12 at 10:22ampost #16364 of 5985711/5/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Yes, AF flannel is wool.
Go ahead and tailor them right away as they'll never see the washer. Brush and dry lean sparingly as necessary only.post #16365 of 5985711/5/12 at 11:11am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo jacket with black jeans for cocktail setting: Yes or No? 25 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 38 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...