Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1091
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16352 of 4331911/4/12 at 4:43pm
Hi Mike - I've got a question about your Spiewak coat. I was at a surplus store today and tried on a "Golden Fleece" coat from Spiewak that fit me well in size 38, which is the same size I wear in my Filson Mackinaw Cruiser. However, according to the sizing information on the product page, I would be a 36 since I wear an Epaulet shirt medium. Should I go with your sizing instructions - since the sizing will be different than their typical coats? Will that leave room for a thick sweater or other layering? I'd appreciate any guidance you could provide.post #16353 of 4331911/4/12 at 10:00pmQuote:
Ah neither of them - the Mulberry is a much lighter weight and softer piece. I'm not familiar with Aero's entire line, but I never saw anything like that from Vanson.Quote:Originally Posted by ascher07
Hey, I have a trouser question. I played rugby and do crossfit, so when I tried a couple pairs of Rivets they proved way too tight in the seat and slightly too tight in the thighs.
Would the Walt's fit me, or should I just wait it out for the next shipment of Rudy's?
Thanks for any help.Quote:
If you found the Rivet Chinos to be too slim, then I'd recommend trying a Rudy. You can always order one pair when we do the next preorder round (should be next week) to see if you like the fit. I'd be confident that it will either fit well straight off the rack or with a tiny bit of tailoring.Quote:
Haha, that's definitely me. Played in a ska band for years back in college. You can actually buy our album on Amazon for LITERALLY three cents:
Wow, that's kind of depressing. Not that much underpriced though. I was an enthusiastic singer, but not much of a good one.
But yes, we play a lot of ska at the Manhattan shop, as long as I'm working that day. I love the Bosstones too!Quote:Originally Posted by jimney
Hi Mike - I've got a question about your Spiewak coat. I was at a surplus store today and tried on a "Golden Fleece" coat from Spiewak that fit me well in size 38, which is the same size I wear in my Filson Mackinaw Cruiser. However, according to the sizing information on the product page, I would be a 36 since I wear an Epaulet shirt medium. Should I go with your sizing instructions - since the sizing will be different than their typical coats? Will that leave room for a thick sweater or other layering? I'd appreciate any guidance you could provide.
Hmm, good question. Spiewak's sizing on their imported stuff isn't totally consistent with this jacket, but I would imagine that the Filson jacket would be equally generous in fit. It depends a bit on how you're built and how you prefer the jacket to fit. I'd say that it works for most guys, but some will want more or less room.
Given you info, I'd probably suggest the 38. If you like the fit on that Filson coat, then I think that this will be similar. And we've certainly had guys who wear Epaulet Mediums pick up the size 38 with the intention of layering a very heavy sweater, or just preferring the slightly bigger fit. NewYorkRanger bought that size, and he fits into an Epaulet Medium shirt perfectly.
Edited by Epaulet - 11/4/12 at 10:23pmpost #16354 of 4331911/4/12 at 10:44pmpost #16355 of 4331911/5/12 at 4:07ampost #16356 of 4331911/5/12 at 8:21ampost #16357 of 4331911/5/12 at 9:17ampost #16358 of 4331911/5/12 at 9:46ampost #16359 of 4331911/5/12 at 9:52ampost #16360 of 4331911/5/12 at 9:58amQuote:
Regarding the check, yes, that is normal. It's just a slubby fabric.post #16361 of 4331911/5/12 at 9:58am
Well, from the pics they seem rather different. I'm not sure I'll order the taupe now though
And forgot to mention airforce flannel: it's SICK.
Also, Dbear, a couple of days earlier and your Eisenhower would be mine - the money went to Mike and Co. instead I'm yet to receive that piece, looking forward to it.post #16362 of 4331911/5/12 at 10:01ampost #16363 of 4331911/5/12 at 10:22ampost #16364 of 4331911/5/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Yes, AF flannel is wool.
Go ahead and tailor them right away as they'll never see the washer. Brush and dry lean sparingly as necessary only.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Banluru +91-9680462195 12 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Ambhala +91-9680462195 18 seconds ago
- › Top +91-8239910405 TAntRIK In Bathinda Punjab 20 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous kaLA JAdu In Visakhapatnam 20 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Rajasthan +91-9680462195 24 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous kaLA JAdu In Jaipur 25 seconds ago
- › Top +91-8239910405 TAntRIK In Bharuch Gujarat 30 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra +91-9680462195 33 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Jabalpur +91-9680462195 56 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Qutar +91-9680462195 58 seconds ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan