Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 12:52 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1071post #16051 of 5095510/21/12 at 7:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16052 of 5095510/21/12 at 7:49pmQuote:
I haven't worn them enough to gauge that. I actually took advantage of the split waistband and let mine out a little bit when I got them hemmed. Eager for them to soften up, though, since they still feel just a touch constricting, even though there's plenty of room in the waist now.post #16053 of 5095510/21/12 at 8:04pmpost #16054 of 5095510/21/12 at 9:53pm
You'll love it - it's our best selling shirt by far. Japanese fabric, US-made, our signature ass-kicking cut.
Ah, I wanted to get to it, but things were nutzo at our Manhattan shop, so I didn't get through any of it. We'll work to get all of them online Wed, along with new Carminas and our dandy silk scarves.Quote:
Haha, thanks for that! I was happy with this outfit. While wearing it, I sold dudes a bunch of pants, shirts and jackets during the day. And then managed to slam five Pork Slap beers at the Self Edge party right afterwards. It effectively transitions from work to nightlife.post #16055 of 5095510/22/12 at 1:38am
Hey Mike, it's clear and cold here in Anchorage; it's been averaging high 20's all week (and it's only going to get colder into the winter ha-ha). Between the duck canvas and the moleskin trousers, which do you think is the more cold proof pant? They both look fantastic with the edge going to the moleskins because of its "dress-up" appearance. Cheers.post #16056 of 5095510/22/12 at 3:43ampost #16057 of 5095510/22/12 at 6:47amQuote:Quote:
I have a couple pairs of the Regiment Twill trousers that I bought earlier in the year when they were $150 (now they're $165 I think). I absolutely love the fit of Epaulet trousers but didn't want to spend over $200 for wool trousers, so I basically scrolled through and found the cheapest - well, least expensive trousers - and went with that.
They've been washed and worn many times, as they're my favourite trousers, but they still remain pretty rigid; they'll drape nowhere close to what you'd find on a pair of wool trousers. Due to this rigidity, they also don't hold a crease well at all - I would have to press them after every wear if I wanted to maintain that sharp crease (I don't). I also notice that they've started to wear in certain spots the way that cotton wears I suppose - a certain fading or wearing away of colour towards white. I guess kind of the way jeans fade, but of course not to that extent. Again, I think this is how cotton wears, and probably wouldn't happen with wool.
To sum it up, in retrospect I should've just spent the extra $50-60 on a pair of wool trousers if I was going to at all, and unless there's something special about the Regiment Twill that you really like, I don't think it's worth it at the $165 they're currently at.post #16058 of 5095510/22/12 at 7:21ampost #16059 of 5095510/22/12 at 9:57ampost #16060 of 5095510/22/12 at 11:31ampost #16061 of 5095510/22/12 at 1:51pmpost #16062 of 5095510/22/12 at 3:20pmQuote:
This is also my favorite of the bunch because on paper it should be extremely stuffy -- the blazer + cords combo paired with the button-down collar & tie combo -- but the execution isn't, at all. Plus, it looks perfect for fall (which is starting to finally hit LA now, thankfully).post #16063 of 5095510/22/12 at 3:24pmpost #16064 of 5095510/22/12 at 3:53pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 59 seconds ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?