From my experience, lighter fabric will feel tighter than medium/heavy fabric, and had to go one size up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1055post #15811 of 4531210/9/12 at 10:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15812 of 4531210/9/12 at 10:32pmpost #15813 of 4531210/9/12 at 10:38pmpost #15814 of 4531210/9/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
That's generally true, but I found that my linen Walts stretched a little, more than any cotton or wool Walts have, so that they went from feeling a bit tight to perfect after a couple of wears. Might be worth a try before having them altered.post #15815 of 4531210/9/12 at 11:22pmpost #15816 of 4531210/9/12 at 11:24pmpost #15817 of 4531210/9/12 at 11:25pmpost #15818 of 4531210/9/12 at 11:36pmQuote:
I don't really know what you mean there. At face value I find the thought of anyone owning a weapon collection a bit chilling. I know those are pocket knives though. The comment was a bit tongue in cheek.
Can't imagine someone owning 20 guns or knives here in Aust. We have a very different attitude towards and regulatory system of weapons compared to the USA.
Knives and bars are the weapons of the "gangs" here, not guns. Guns generally only crop up when organised crime is involved.post #15819 of 4531210/9/12 at 11:38pm
damn, nice knife! i have an old benchmade mini nitrous stryker, but i've always wanted to get a knife with a damascus blade. mike is into all kinds of cool stuff: knives, old skool gangster rap, watches, and of course, great clothes and shoes.
i'm browsing ebay now for mcusta. lolpost #15820 of 4531210/10/12 at 12:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
The Perfect Pocket Knife for Walt Trousers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, this is a little off-topic, but I was sharpening this item earlier today and I realized how much I freaking like it. Given how well it fits with our trousers, I figured that I'd put together some pictures and a recommendation.
I love pocket knives. I may own over 20 of them. I picked this one up about six months ago, and it quickly became my favorite. The brand is called "Mcusta," and it's made in Japan.
As you guys can see, we get a LOT of product here at Epaulet. There's always plenty of boxes to open, so I typically carry a small knife with me every day to work. But this has been the first one that feels comfortable to really carry all of the time. It fits perfectly into the small interior coin pocket that's built into every Walt & Rudy trouser, and it's an ideal balance of being heavy enough to be substantial while you use it but light enough that it's easy to forget that you're carrying it. They make this model in a ton of different styles and materials, but this one is my favorite - the cool damascus steel blade and the etched bamboo handle. The price on this was really fair.
I'd recommend this piece to both veteran and virgin pocket knife owners alike. It's tiny, so you won't be using it for any Crocodile Dundee-ish self defense scenarios, but it's incredibly useful in all sorts of daily cutting tasks. If you've never carried a small knife on you, you'll be surprised how much often it comes in handy.
These are generally available online, but I bought mine from a US-based seller on Ebay. If you search for Mcusta knives on there, you can find quite a bit, and you should be all good if you buy it from a seller with decent feedback.
Oh wow...I love pocket knives. Thanks for the info, definitely looking into this one!post #15821 of 4531210/10/12 at 5:54ampost #15822 of 4531210/10/12 at 6:13ampost #15823 of 4531210/10/12 at 8:30ampost #15824 of 4531210/10/12 at 8:32amQuote:
It would be awesome to have a matching jacket option with each round of factory finds, but I have to think the cloth would disappear too fast.post #15825 of 4531210/10/12 at 8:36amQuestion for the Epaulet crew... the Merino Spruce Marl sweater indicates hand wash or dry clean. I want to confirm that there will be no shrinking if I hand wash in cold water. I have had a couple of sweaters from other brands shrink in water even when the tag indicated gentle wash in cold water was OK.
And congratulations to Mike and Adele on your first year of marriage. May it keep getting better.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 899 Active Users (126 Members and 773 Guests)
- › Ambrosi Napoli 47 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 7 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 23 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...