From my experience, lighter fabric will feel tighter than medium/heavy fabric, and had to go one size up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 7:29 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1055post #15811 of 5936110/9/12 at 10:11pmpost #15812 of 5936110/9/12 at 10:32pmpost #15813 of 5936110/9/12 at 10:38pmpost #15814 of 5936110/9/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
That's generally true, but I found that my linen Walts stretched a little, more than any cotton or wool Walts have, so that they went from feeling a bit tight to perfect after a couple of wears. Might be worth a try before having them altered.post #15815 of 5936110/9/12 at 11:22pmpost #15816 of 5936110/9/12 at 11:24pmpost #15817 of 5936110/9/12 at 11:25pmpost #15818 of 5936110/9/12 at 11:36pmQuote:
I don't really know what you mean there. At face value I find the thought of anyone owning a weapon collection a bit chilling. I know those are pocket knives though. The comment was a bit tongue in cheek.
Can't imagine someone owning 20 guns or knives here in Aust. We have a very different attitude towards and regulatory system of weapons compared to the USA.
Knives and bars are the weapons of the "gangs" here, not guns. Guns generally only crop up when organised crime is involved.post #15819 of 5936110/9/12 at 11:38pm
damn, nice knife! i have an old benchmade mini nitrous stryker, but i've always wanted to get a knife with a damascus blade. mike is into all kinds of cool stuff: knives, old skool gangster rap, watches, and of course, great clothes and shoes.
i'm browsing ebay now for mcusta. lolpost #15820 of 5936110/10/12 at 12:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
The Perfect Pocket Knife for Walt Trousers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, this is a little off-topic, but I was sharpening this item earlier today and I realized how much I freaking like it. Given how well it fits with our trousers, I figured that I'd put together some pictures and a recommendation.
I love pocket knives. I may own over 20 of them. I picked this one up about six months ago, and it quickly became my favorite. The brand is called "Mcusta," and it's made in Japan.
As you guys can see, we get a LOT of product here at Epaulet. There's always plenty of boxes to open, so I typically carry a small knife with me every day to work. But this has been the first one that feels comfortable to really carry all of the time. It fits perfectly into the small interior coin pocket that's built into every Walt & Rudy trouser, and it's an ideal balance of being heavy enough to be substantial while you use it but light enough that it's easy to forget that you're carrying it. They make this model in a ton of different styles and materials, but this one is my favorite - the cool damascus steel blade and the etched bamboo handle. The price on this was really fair.
I'd recommend this piece to both veteran and virgin pocket knife owners alike. It's tiny, so you won't be using it for any Crocodile Dundee-ish self defense scenarios, but it's incredibly useful in all sorts of daily cutting tasks. If you've never carried a small knife on you, you'll be surprised how much often it comes in handy.
These are generally available online, but I bought mine from a US-based seller on Ebay. If you search for Mcusta knives on there, you can find quite a bit, and you should be all good if you buy it from a seller with decent feedback.
Oh wow...I love pocket knives. Thanks for the info, definitely looking into this one!post #15821 of 5936110/10/12 at 5:54ampost #15822 of 5936110/10/12 at 6:13ampost #15823 of 5936110/10/12 at 8:30ampost #15824 of 5936110/10/12 at 8:32amQuote:
It would be awesome to have a matching jacket option with each round of factory finds, but I have to think the cloth would disappear too fast.post #15825 of 5936110/10/12 at 8:36amQuestion for the Epaulet crew... the Merino Spruce Marl sweater indicates hand wash or dry clean. I want to confirm that there will be no shrinking if I hand wash in cold water. I have had a couple of sweaters from other brands shrink in water even when the tag indicated gentle wash in cold water was OK.
And congratulations to Mike and Adele on your first year of marriage. May it keep getting better.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1678 Active Users (326 Members and 1352 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Alden 11.5D/12D Collection (Ravello, Cigar, Color 8, Chromexcel) 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway