From my experience, lighter fabric will feel tighter than medium/heavy fabric, and had to go one size up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1055post #15811 of 3163910/9/12 at 10:11pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #15812 of 3163910/9/12 at 10:32pmpost #15813 of 3163910/9/12 at 10:38pmpost #15814 of 3163910/9/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
That's generally true, but I found that my linen Walts stretched a little, more than any cotton or wool Walts have, so that they went from feeling a bit tight to perfect after a couple of wears. Might be worth a try before having them altered.post #15815 of 3163910/9/12 at 11:22pmpost #15816 of 3163910/9/12 at 11:24pmpost #15817 of 3163910/9/12 at 11:25pmpost #15818 of 3163910/9/12 at 11:36pmQuote:
I don't really know what you mean there. At face value I find the thought of anyone owning a weapon collection a bit chilling. I know those are pocket knives though. The comment was a bit tongue in cheek.
Can't imagine someone owning 20 guns or knives here in Aust. We have a very different attitude towards and regulatory system of weapons compared to the USA.
Knives and bars are the weapons of the "gangs" here, not guns. Guns generally only crop up when organised crime is involved.post #15819 of 3163910/9/12 at 11:38pm
damn, nice knife! i have an old benchmade mini nitrous stryker, but i've always wanted to get a knife with a damascus blade. mike is into all kinds of cool stuff: knives, old skool gangster rap, watches, and of course, great clothes and shoes.
i'm browsing ebay now for mcusta. lolpost #15820 of 3163910/10/12 at 12:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
The Perfect Pocket Knife for Walt Trousers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, this is a little off-topic, but I was sharpening this item earlier today and I realized how much I freaking like it. Given how well it fits with our trousers, I figured that I'd put together some pictures and a recommendation.
I love pocket knives. I may own over 20 of them. I picked this one up about six months ago, and it quickly became my favorite. The brand is called "Mcusta," and it's made in Japan.
As you guys can see, we get a LOT of product here at Epaulet. There's always plenty of boxes to open, so I typically carry a small knife with me every day to work. But this has been the first one that feels comfortable to really carry all of the time. It fits perfectly into the small interior coin pocket that's built into every Walt & Rudy trouser, and it's an ideal balance of being heavy enough to be substantial while you use it but light enough that it's easy to forget that you're carrying it. They make this model in a ton of different styles and materials, but this one is my favorite - the cool damascus steel blade and the etched bamboo handle. The price on this was really fair.
I'd recommend this piece to both veteran and virgin pocket knife owners alike. It's tiny, so you won't be using it for any Crocodile Dundee-ish self defense scenarios, but it's incredibly useful in all sorts of daily cutting tasks. If you've never carried a small knife on you, you'll be surprised how much often it comes in handy.
These are generally available online, but I bought mine from a US-based seller on Ebay. If you search for Mcusta knives on there, you can find quite a bit, and you should be all good if you buy it from a seller with decent feedback.
Oh wow...I love pocket knives. Thanks for the info, definitely looking into this one!post #15821 of 3163910/10/12 at 5:54ampost #15822 of 3163910/10/12 at 6:13ampost #15823 of 3163910/10/12 at 8:30ampost #15824 of 3163910/10/12 at 8:32amQuote:
It would be awesome to have a matching jacket option with each round of factory finds, but I have to think the cloth would disappear too fast.post #15825 of 3163910/10/12 at 8:36amQuestion for the Epaulet crew... the Merino Spruce Marl sweater indicates hand wash or dry clean. I want to confirm that there will be no shrinking if I hand wash in cold water. I have had a couple of sweaters from other brands shrink in water even when the tag indicated gentle wash in cold water was OK.
And congratulations to Mike and Adele on your first year of marriage. May it keep getting better.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1486 Active Users (382 Members and 1104 Guests)
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Help me choose SR Tailors, I like slim suits (TF, BB) 15 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)