Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Edited on 1/9/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1054post #15796 of 2076410/9/12 at 10:54amI'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...post #15797 of 2076410/9/12 at 11:04ampost #15798 of 2076410/9/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...
+1. i've retained my spot on the pre-order...although several times i've thought about releasing it to buy other boots. i'm hopeful they will go into production soon, but i think the carmina ruby mto will arrive before the ravello brixtons.post #15799 of 2076410/9/12 at 11:43ampost #15800 of 2076410/9/12 at 11:46ampost #15801 of 2076410/9/12 at 11:53ampost #15802 of 2076410/9/12 at 1:36pmTaupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.post #15803 of 2076410/9/12 at 3:23pmpost #15804 of 2076410/9/12 at 3:25pmpost #15805 of 2076410/9/12 at 3:28pmpost #15806 of 2076410/9/12 at 3:49pmpost #15807 of 2076410/9/12 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by unclesam099
Happy Anniversary Mike and Adele! All the best to you!
Just received the Airforce Flannel and Medium Gray Flannel from the last Factory Finds - awesome! Just ordered 4 more!!! I was going to do 2, but they're such great trousers at such a great pricepoint. Keep this up, you've got my business for each order.
And eagerly awaiting the Eisenhower that should be here tomorrow or the next day.!! Hoping it won't be too short on me, it looks killer on the website.
Thanks for picking everything up! Really happy that you dig the Factory Finds! So many gnarly fabrics and a lot more coming! And you're SERIOUSLY going to fall in love with the Eisenhower, it's pretty much perfect.Quote:
The Grey Donegal (Italian) and Salt and Pepper are similar, yet different, beasts. The Italian Donegal is a bit more subdued and the different flecks aren't quite as apparent. The Salt and Pepper has a ton of character and is a bit more pronounced. Neither of them are loud, per se, but the UK Donegals are some of my favorite fabrics that we've ever used.Quote:
Oh, not even close! We'll have cardigans aplenty in the coming weeks.Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
I am down for this.
Carmel Ducks today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's a seriously ass-kicking combo! Gotta love a good bomber and understated cool.Quote:Quote:
He nailed it.Most of the fabrics we use have little to no shrinkage. That said, I would definitely give them a wash/hang dry just to rule out any at all. The duck canvas hasn't seemed to shrink at all (I own the pair we tested after we started using the fabric), but some of the 8oz canvas will shrink a little in the inseam.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Taupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.
Thank you, sir! Glad you dig the brushed twill!Quote:Quote:
Hey guys, we've shipped out most of the Walt Factory Finds. A freaking TON of boxes went out today via USPS and UPS. The rest will go out tomorrow (and Rudy orders tomorrow and Thursday). If you pay with Paypal, you'll get a tracking number when the label is generated. If you haven't gotten one, shoot me a PM and I'll get you sorted out.post #15808 of 2076410/9/12 at 4:35pmpost #15809 of 2076410/9/12 at 7:02pmpost #15810 of 2076410/9/12 at 9:57pmThe Perfect Pocket Knife for Walt Trousers
Well, this is a little off-topic, but I was sharpening this item earlier today and I realized how much I freaking like it. Given how well it fits with our trousers, I figured that I'd put together some pictures and a recommendation.
I love pocket knives. I may own over 20 of them. I picked this one up about six months ago, and it quickly became my favorite. The brand is called "Mcusta," and it's made in Japan.
As you guys can see, we get a LOT of product here at Epaulet. There's always plenty of boxes to open, so I typically carry a small knife with me every day to work. But this has been the first one that feels comfortable to really carry all of the time. It fits perfectly into the small interior coin pocket that's built into every Walt & Rudy trouser, and it's an ideal balance of being heavy enough to be substantial while you use it but light enough that it's easy to forget that you're carrying it. They make this model in a ton of different styles and materials, but this one is my favorite - the cool damascus steel blade and the etched bamboo handle. The price on this was really fair.
I'd recommend this piece to both veteran and virgin pocket knife owners alike. It's tiny, so you won't be using it for any Crocodile Dundee-ish self defense scenarios, but it's incredibly useful in all sorts of daily cutting tasks. If you've never carried a small knife on you, you'll be surprised how much often it comes in handy.
These are generally available online, but I bought mine from a US-based seller on Ebay. If you search for Mcusta knives on there, you can find quite a bit, and you should be all good if you buy it from a seller with decent feedback.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Unis Gio Skinny Chino Oxblood Sz 32 51 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Help finding a specific pair of braces! 2 minutes ago
- › Gordon Yao, Bespoke Tailors - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › my first watch to wear with a suit 6 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens DRKSHDW Asymmetrical Denim Jacket 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe