Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 6/19/16 at 3:11am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1054post #15796 of 5470610/9/12 at 10:54amI'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...post #15797 of 5470610/9/12 at 11:04ampost #15798 of 5470610/9/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...
+1. i've retained my spot on the pre-order...although several times i've thought about releasing it to buy other boots. i'm hopeful they will go into production soon, but i think the carmina ruby mto will arrive before the ravello brixtons.post #15799 of 5470610/9/12 at 11:43ampost #15800 of 5470610/9/12 at 11:46ampost #15801 of 5470610/9/12 at 11:53ampost #15802 of 5470610/9/12 at 1:36pmTaupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.post #15803 of 5470610/9/12 at 3:23pmpost #15804 of 5470610/9/12 at 3:25pmpost #15805 of 5470610/9/12 at 3:28pmpost #15806 of 5470610/9/12 at 3:49pmpost #15807 of 5470610/9/12 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by unclesam099
Happy Anniversary Mike and Adele! All the best to you!
Just received the Airforce Flannel and Medium Gray Flannel from the last Factory Finds - awesome! Just ordered 4 more!!! I was going to do 2, but they're such great trousers at such a great pricepoint. Keep this up, you've got my business for each order.
And eagerly awaiting the Eisenhower that should be here tomorrow or the next day.!! Hoping it won't be too short on me, it looks killer on the website.
Thanks for picking everything up! Really happy that you dig the Factory Finds! So many gnarly fabrics and a lot more coming! And you're SERIOUSLY going to fall in love with the Eisenhower, it's pretty much perfect.Quote:
The Grey Donegal (Italian) and Salt and Pepper are similar, yet different, beasts. The Italian Donegal is a bit more subdued and the different flecks aren't quite as apparent. The Salt and Pepper has a ton of character and is a bit more pronounced. Neither of them are loud, per se, but the UK Donegals are some of my favorite fabrics that we've ever used.Quote:
Oh, not even close! We'll have cardigans aplenty in the coming weeks.Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
I am down for this.
Carmel Ducks today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's a seriously ass-kicking combo! Gotta love a good bomber and understated cool.Quote:Quote:
He nailed it.Most of the fabrics we use have little to no shrinkage. That said, I would definitely give them a wash/hang dry just to rule out any at all. The duck canvas hasn't seemed to shrink at all (I own the pair we tested after we started using the fabric), but some of the 8oz canvas will shrink a little in the inseam.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Taupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.
Thank you, sir! Glad you dig the brushed twill!Quote:Quote:
Hey guys, we've shipped out most of the Walt Factory Finds. A freaking TON of boxes went out today via USPS and UPS. The rest will go out tomorrow (and Rudy orders tomorrow and Thursday). If you pay with Paypal, you'll get a tracking number when the label is generated. If you haven't gotten one, shoot me a PM and I'll get you sorted out.post #15808 of 5470610/9/12 at 4:35pmpost #15809 of 5470610/9/12 at 7:02pmpost #15810 of 5470610/9/12 at 9:57pmThe Perfect Pocket Knife for Walt Trousers
Well, this is a little off-topic, but I was sharpening this item earlier today and I realized how much I freaking like it. Given how well it fits with our trousers, I figured that I'd put together some pictures and a recommendation.
I love pocket knives. I may own over 20 of them. I picked this one up about six months ago, and it quickly became my favorite. The brand is called "Mcusta," and it's made in Japan.
As you guys can see, we get a LOT of product here at Epaulet. There's always plenty of boxes to open, so I typically carry a small knife with me every day to work. But this has been the first one that feels comfortable to really carry all of the time. It fits perfectly into the small interior coin pocket that's built into every Walt & Rudy trouser, and it's an ideal balance of being heavy enough to be substantial while you use it but light enough that it's easy to forget that you're carrying it. They make this model in a ton of different styles and materials, but this one is my favorite - the cool damascus steel blade and the etched bamboo handle. The price on this was really fair.
I'd recommend this piece to both veteran and virgin pocket knife owners alike. It's tiny, so you won't be using it for any Crocodile Dundee-ish self defense scenarios, but it's incredibly useful in all sorts of daily cutting tasks. If you've never carried a small knife on you, you'll be surprised how much often it comes in handy.
These are generally available online, but I bought mine from a US-based seller on Ebay. If you search for Mcusta knives on there, you can find quite a bit, and you should be all good if you buy it from a seller with decent feedback.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 4 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding