Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 11/2/15 at 3:01am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:37 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1054post #15796 of 4869410/9/12 at 10:54amI'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15797 of 4869410/9/12 at 11:04ampost #15798 of 4869410/9/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...
+1. i've retained my spot on the pre-order...although several times i've thought about releasing it to buy other boots. i'm hopeful they will go into production soon, but i think the carmina ruby mto will arrive before the ravello brixtons.post #15799 of 4869410/9/12 at 11:43ampost #15800 of 4869410/9/12 at 11:46ampost #15801 of 4869410/9/12 at 11:53ampost #15802 of 4869410/9/12 at 1:36pmTaupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.post #15803 of 4869410/9/12 at 3:23pmpost #15804 of 4869410/9/12 at 3:25pmpost #15805 of 4869410/9/12 at 3:28pmpost #15806 of 4869410/9/12 at 3:49pmpost #15807 of 4869410/9/12 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by unclesam099
Happy Anniversary Mike and Adele! All the best to you!
Just received the Airforce Flannel and Medium Gray Flannel from the last Factory Finds - awesome! Just ordered 4 more!!! I was going to do 2, but they're such great trousers at such a great pricepoint. Keep this up, you've got my business for each order.
And eagerly awaiting the Eisenhower that should be here tomorrow or the next day.!! Hoping it won't be too short on me, it looks killer on the website.
Thanks for picking everything up! Really happy that you dig the Factory Finds! So many gnarly fabrics and a lot more coming! And you're SERIOUSLY going to fall in love with the Eisenhower, it's pretty much perfect.Quote:
The Grey Donegal (Italian) and Salt and Pepper are similar, yet different, beasts. The Italian Donegal is a bit more subdued and the different flecks aren't quite as apparent. The Salt and Pepper has a ton of character and is a bit more pronounced. Neither of them are loud, per se, but the UK Donegals are some of my favorite fabrics that we've ever used.Quote:
Oh, not even close! We'll have cardigans aplenty in the coming weeks.Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
I am down for this.
Carmel Ducks today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's a seriously ass-kicking combo! Gotta love a good bomber and understated cool.Quote:Quote:
He nailed it.Most of the fabrics we use have little to no shrinkage. That said, I would definitely give them a wash/hang dry just to rule out any at all. The duck canvas hasn't seemed to shrink at all (I own the pair we tested after we started using the fabric), but some of the 8oz canvas will shrink a little in the inseam.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Taupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.
Thank you, sir! Glad you dig the brushed twill!Quote:Quote:
Hey guys, we've shipped out most of the Walt Factory Finds. A freaking TON of boxes went out today via USPS and UPS. The rest will go out tomorrow (and Rudy orders tomorrow and Thursday). If you pay with Paypal, you'll get a tracking number when the label is generated. If you haven't gotten one, shoot me a PM and I'll get you sorted out.post #15808 of 4869410/9/12 at 4:35pmpost #15809 of 4869410/9/12 at 7:02pmpost #15810 of 4869410/9/12 at 9:57pmThe Perfect Pocket Knife for Walt Trousers
Well, this is a little off-topic, but I was sharpening this item earlier today and I realized how much I freaking like it. Given how well it fits with our trousers, I figured that I'd put together some pictures and a recommendation.
I love pocket knives. I may own over 20 of them. I picked this one up about six months ago, and it quickly became my favorite. The brand is called "Mcusta," and it's made in Japan.
As you guys can see, we get a LOT of product here at Epaulet. There's always plenty of boxes to open, so I typically carry a small knife with me every day to work. But this has been the first one that feels comfortable to really carry all of the time. It fits perfectly into the small interior coin pocket that's built into every Walt & Rudy trouser, and it's an ideal balance of being heavy enough to be substantial while you use it but light enough that it's easy to forget that you're carrying it. They make this model in a ton of different styles and materials, but this one is my favorite - the cool damascus steel blade and the etched bamboo handle. The price on this was really fair.
I'd recommend this piece to both veteran and virgin pocket knife owners alike. It's tiny, so you won't be using it for any Crocodile Dundee-ish self defense scenarios, but it's incredibly useful in all sorts of daily cutting tasks. If you've never carried a small knife on you, you'll be surprised how much often it comes in handy.
These are generally available online, but I bought mine from a US-based seller on Ebay. If you search for Mcusta knives on there, you can find quite a bit, and you should be all good if you buy it from a seller with decent feedback.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF NOV... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories