or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1052

post #15766 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

25 this morning, oh yeah! I'm in Minnesota!
A co-worker of mine is from Minneapolis and she stated there were tube-like walkways connecting buildings together so you don't have to walk out in the blistering cold. I looked it up...pretty cool stuff!

Here's to cooler winter so I can wear more stuff aside from t shirt and light weight pants.
post #15767 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

A co-worker of mine is from Minneapolis and she stated there were tube-like walkways connecting buildings together so you don't have to walk out in the blistering cold. I looked it up...pretty cool stuff!

Here's to cooler winter so I can wear more stuff aside from t shirt and light weight pants.

reminds me of downtown houston's tunnel system to keep out of the heat.
post #15768 of 37395
known as "Skyways" the indoor passages go over the downtown roads =)
post #15769 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

known as "Skyways" the indoor passages go over the downtown roads =)

One of my clients in Minneapolis told me she doesn't usually wear a coat in the winter. She starts her day in a heated garage at home, parks in a heated garage at work, walks across the heated skyways, then does the same in reverse. Makes us Chicago folk look like dummies.
post #15770 of 37395
Minneapolis resident here. I've already had to wear a hat and scarf a couple of times this season. The peacoat is coming out any day now.
post #15771 of 37395

It's not cold in LA yet, but you can find it less than a couple hours away...

 


epaulet

uniqlo

epaulet x thorogood

 

Big Bear, CA

post #15772 of 37395
Ventured up north for a friend's wedding this past weekend....luckily the wedding was on Friday before it got really cold. But, it was under 50 degrees when we left town on Sunday - even though I lived most of my life in the northeast, I'm a southerner now, I can't handle the cold like I used to!

Wearing the Oxford Grey Flannels here:

post #15773 of 37395
You guys look great BG. Gotta be honest, I'd never be able to live in the south...the thought of keeping my flannel and tweed away for 10 months is depressing...
Here's a shot of me and the Mrs (in the Ep Shirt dress from yesterday)
6CA837B0-92CB-4DC6-BBFB-806FE73660DF-8712-00000C60A632C01B.jpg

If it looks like we were stuffed in a corner, we were...Abby Caddaby at the birthday party and the swarm of 2-6 year old was worse than a late 90's mosh pit.
post #15774 of 37395

We have some good looking couples in this thread. Especially now that Beatlegeuse and his girl worked out a pose that doesn't make it look like they have the same arm tongue.gif. All joking aside though, that's the Christmas card pic right there, man. You guys look great. And I'm loving that jacket.

post #15775 of 37395
Mike or Adele--are the butterscotch canvas Walts a normal stock item? I'll probably pick up a second pair now if they'll be going away anytime soon. Thanks!
post #15776 of 37395
Looking sharp everyone!
post #15777 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadav View Post

Would it be possible to shorten the sleeves of the Eisenhower? I have no experience with altering outerwear.

Yes, you should be able to shorten them either at the cuff or at the shoulder without a problem. That said, they end in a button cuff, so if they're a little long (like they are on me) you most likely won't notice it. The cuff stays securely at your wrist, and the sleeve just naturally bunches a bit. If you're talking an inch long or so, it will probably be fine just how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunk View Post

I am absolutely no help other then I have been looking for a jacket like this for some time. Any leads (I an a 42R US sizing)?

Check you PM's - I've got something for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Veneto looks sick...and Long Lost Corduroy Tweed? Sounds like an Arthur Conan Doyle book, and thats cool by me...
Grape Flannel for me today as its 30 degrees cooler than two days ago: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Those grape flannels look absolutely killer on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

We have some good looking couples in this thread. Especially now that Beatlegeuse and his girl worked out a pose that doesn't make it look like they have the same arm tongue.gif . All joking aside though, that's the Christmas card pic right there, man. You guys look great. And I'm loving that jacket.

+1000 - you guys all look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post

Mike or Adele--are the butterscotch canvas Walts a normal stock item? I'll probably pick up a second pair now if they'll be going away anytime soon. Thanks!

Yes, but we'll most likely wait until March or so for the next restock. We tend to sell Butterscotch more in the Spring, Olive more in the Fall.
post #15778 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

And please take a gander at this. Good lord...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayJay85 View Post

Oh My Dammit!
Beautiful - makes me regret not signing up for this MTO
Congrats

Mike do you know what the final price on these shoes were?
post #15779 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Vass Shortwings

Mike,

we love that you carry Carmina. You should carry Vass, too. Those are the two makers I hope to add to my collection (which is pretty much Alden, AE and Red Wing now).

Eh, just a thought.
post #15780 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

Mike do you know what the final price on these shoes were?

Yes, they were $850 with the Carmina shoe trees included. I'm checking on leather availability to see if we can do another run for Jan-Feb. Would be great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Mike,
we love that you carry Carmina. You should carry Vass, too. Those are the two makers I hope to add to my collection (which is pretty much Alden, AE and Red Wing now).
Eh, just a thought.

That's a GREAT thought. I love my Vass shoes. I've been in contact with them a few times, but it's tough. At this point, Vass isn't really set up to do a lot of wholesaling or exporting. The price would be very high, and the selection would be limited.

To anyone thinking about Vass shoes - the best way to get them is to fly to Budapest and buy them in person. Seriously. Budapest is an amazing and beautiful city in its own right, and getting your first pair of Vass is just the icing on the cake. When I lived in Vienna, I would go to Budapest every month or so, and it's got a special place in my heart.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread