or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1041

post #15601 of 37418
What's everyone doing with the bottoms of their flannel Rivets? Straight hem, cuffed, or rolled? I was thinking I would roll them but either way I need to get them to the tailor to take a bit off and avoid a massively thick roll.
post #15602 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Can any of you guys help out with the sizing on the Ashland shirts? The website says that they fit bigger than normal Epaulet shirts and are very similar to Gitman. This would be perfect as the Gitman's fit me really well. The question I have is that the L Ashland is listed as having a 17" collar, is this accurate? Unless my Gitman's have shrunk or my neck has got so much bigger, there is no way the Gitman's have a 17' collar.
Any help would be appreciated.

The Gitman Vintage measurements on the Epaulet site indicate that large Gitmans have a 16.5" neck. I believe that Mike's concept with Ashland was to tweak the Gitman fit into something he liked a little more, and that may or may not be the reason the necks on those are listed 0.5" larger. Of course, Gitman's sizing does vary through each season, so there could be variance there. You could also measure your Gitman shirts to compare. I've also never heard a complaint about the measurements on Epaulet's site, so I think you can trust the numbers you see to be accurate.
post #15603 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Hey Mike, remember those Chambray shirts with pockets from back in '10? Mine has worn well and faded rather nicely but it's getting a little thread bare. LOL. By any chance do have these or something similar in the works?

Can we see it?
post #15604 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Kickin' it in my Carminas again today...damn I love these boots...and vote soon to be cast (for SvB and Ep):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_6536_2.jpg
IMG_6535_2.jpg
IMG_6543.jpg
IMG_6539_2.jpg

 

NYR, a classic way to wear a patterned sportcoat. (Your tie looks like a Panta shetlair and a Vanda shantung had a child.)

 

Your Carminas are aging nicely. Do you use any polish on them?

post #15605 of 37418
Really like the shoes Rob
post #15606 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

NYR, a classic way to wear a patterned sportcoat. (Your tie looks like a Panta shetlair and a Vanda shantung had a child.)

Your Carminas are aging nicely. Do you use any polish on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Really like the shoes Rob

Thanks boys, no polish at all yet. Just a brushing before and after wearing...
post #15607 of 37418
Mike, Adele, LoD,

Maybe i missed it but when are the Rudy pre-orders coming in? They were listed as end of September for delivery.

Thanks in advance.
post #15608 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Mike, a couple of ETA questions:
- walts from the 2nd factory finds - haven't received my air force yet confused.gif
- that chunky cardigan you mentioned a while ago
- 3rd factory finds? will there be a chino round?

Sure thing, here's from my side:

1. Factory Finds are being grinded out as we speak. I expect to get Walts shortly, with Rudy's a week or two after that. Apologies for the delay on this, the complexity of cutting all those individual orders turned out to be a bit overwhelming for the factory, so we're going to put a 6-week lead time on round 3 (going up this week) just to be safe. Should be soon though.

2. All of our Scottish sweaters (including the shawl cardigan) should be here soon as well. We're going to follow up, but I definitely expect all of them by mid-October.

3. Round 3 Factory finds is this week. No chino one on the immediate horizon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

First ever Epaulet x Segway fit?
Caramel Ducks and Brown CXL belt: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! Looking good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Hey Mike, remember those Chambray shirts with pockets from back in '10? Mine has worn well and faded rather nicely but it's getting a little thread bare. LOL. By any chance do have these or something similar in the works?

Oh yes, glad that it's still soldiering for you! Sadly we had to shut down our LA shirt production a while back, so I don't have anything quite like it coming out any time soon. But we've certainly got a freak-ton of shirts en-route for the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentoftruth View Post


Just voted for Epaulet on Racked's poll for best Menswear stores in NYC. Link below for those interested:

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2012/10/01/cast_your_vote_for_nycs_best_menswear_store.php

Ah yes, the Racked team told me about this over the weekend!

We won this prize last year, very much due to the support of everyone on Styleforum. If you guys wouldn't mind voting for us, that would be awesome. Not sure if we'll take it 2 years in a row (J.Crew's got a few thousand employees on us), but it would be rad to finish towards the top. Nice to see CHCM in the running too - that guy is good people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmywinks View Post

Been lurking the forum for so long and I finally made some substantial money to spend on clothing. Which pair of Epaulet trousers is the 'ultimate' trouser? The one that everyone should get first? I'm guessing it's a grey/charcoal but what material and what weight?

Hmm, that's a tough question! For the trousers, the best sellers are always Regiment Twill Gunmetal and Oxford Grey Flannel. Regiment Twill Navy and Olive UK Canvas are close finishers as well. Any of these will be extremely versatile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Can any of you guys help out with the sizing on the Ashland shirts? The website says that they fit bigger than normal Epaulet shirts and are very similar to Gitman. This would be perfect as the Gitman's fit me really well. The question I have is that the L Ashland is listed as having a 17" collar, is this accurate? Unless my Gitman's have shrunk or my neck has got so much bigger, there is no way the Gitman's have a 17' collar.
Any help would be appreciated.

A big reason for the difference in Ashland and Gitman Vintage is that Gitman Vintage is washed, and they use fabrics which shrink at unpredictable rates. Ashland uses dress cloth fabrics where shrinkage is minimal. However, it's common for collars to shrink by 0.25 to 0.5" with a normal wash, so our Ashland sizing is a bit larger there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Thanks boys, no polish at all yet. Just a brushing before and after wearing...

They are looking boss as hell. Very nice!
post #15609 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


A big reason for the difference in Ashland and Gitman Vintage is that Gitman Vintage is washed, and they use fabrics which shrink at unpredictable rates. Ashland uses dress cloth fabrics where shrinkage is minimal. However, it's common for collars to shrink by 0.25 to 0.5" with a normal wash, so our Ashland sizing is a bit larger there.

curious as to why gitman does not wash the fabrics before making them into shirts. saves us the headache of inconsistent sizings.
post #15610 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

Can we see it?

I can do that but it might take a few days to get around to. I need to do a pic of an old guy rockin' streetwear anyway for another thread. That old guy would be me. LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Oh yes, glad that it's still soldiering for you! Sadly we had to shut down our LA shirt production a while back, so I don't have anything quite like it coming out any time soon. But we've certainly got a freak-ton of shirts en-route for the season.

I knew I should have bought about a dozen of them. LOL! That shirt along with some well worn dry denim, a pair of Wolverine 1Ks and a Filson belt and vest have become my signature style when out photographing live music events when the evenings are cool. I've seen some of the new shirts and they look pretty good but no flapped pockets which is something I actually need.
post #15611 of 37418
Hey Mike,

Not sure if I missed it but at one point I think it was said a polo re-stock was going to happen. Any update?
post #15612 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronxs View Post

curious as to why gitman does not wash the fabrics before making them into shirts. saves us the headache of inconsistent sizings.

Well, the Ashlands are made in proper shrink-resistant dress shirtings and oxfords. Shrinkage is going to be minimal, but the collar fusable shortening a little bit is totally normal. Since our Ashland line is dressier than Vintage, I think that unwashed works best - just like in our mainline Epaulet shirts.

Gitman Vintage, on the other hand, is done in largely casual fabrics - including a lot of Japanese goods - and their fabrics often shrink to varying amounts. That's a big reason for the sizing difference you might find from one shirt to another. The shirts come soft and wrinkled, and it's a good match for the Gitman Vintage vibe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510kut View Post

Hey Mike,
Not sure if I missed it but at one point I think it was said a polo re-stock was going to happen. Any update?

Yes, I've been in contact with the knitter, but it looks like delivery is going to be too tight for this year. That August holiday backed them up, and if I was to order polos, we wouldn't have them until early December, which is too far out of the season, even for long sleeves.

That said, you can bet that we'll have a big restock of short sleeves and a few long-sleeve styles coming in late Feb / early March for Spring '13.
post #15613 of 37418
I love Epaulet stuff so much. I am wearing the new red brick cords and they are just killer.
post #15614 of 37418
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray1381 View Post

I love Epaulet stuff so much. I am wearing the new red brick cords and they are just killer.
Pics, man!

Crappy phone picture for now...Saddle Shell Carminas:
tumblr_mb9v8qK1J61rux7jzo1_1280.jpg
post #15615 of 37418

Glad I grabbed the polo right away, then.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread