I got my pants from the second factory find I think like Wednesday of last week. Just fyi.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:58 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1040post #15586 of 4525310/1/12 at 8:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15587 of 4525310/1/12 at 8:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
For "Epaulet Navy Label," I'm doing that because (1) the shirts will have a slightly different fit, so that will allow customers to easily differentiate them from the main line shirts and (2) it's just fun creating these little sub-lines, like "Ashland" and the like. Although just to confuse everyone, the first two OCBD's will have the same white tags as everything else. As much as I wanted Navy tags, I definitely wanted these shirts to arrive 3 weeks earlier than they would have.
Thanks! Occasionally there's upside to owning a small business and "it's just fun to" is definitely part of it!
Unrelated, I happened to run across something made up in "mini herringbone" this weekend and thought the fabric looked pretty awesome - subtle but with texture. It would make for a great Walt!post #15588 of 4525310/1/12 at 8:23am
OK, here is the last of the vacation shots. These are the 35mm ones.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
So during my trip, I shot a few rolls of 35mm film on my old SLR just for fun. Here are the "fit pic" shots and a couple extras:
(in Cambridge, UK)
Driving through Switzerland
(in San Bartolomeo, Italy)
(at Highclere Castle, England)
LONDONpost #15589 of 4525310/1/12 at 8:49ampost #15590 of 4525310/1/12 at 10:58am
SvB that last shot of the Gherkin is pretty cool, nice work
Just voted for Epaulet on Racked's poll for best Menswear stores in NYC. Link below for those interested:post #15591 of 4525310/1/12 at 11:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
And the other option is the "Monte Carlo" by Wellensteyn. Not sure if this is your style, but it's been one of our best-selling winter jackets year after year. It's very warm, totally waterproof, and it's a really great value. The faux-fur collar is removable too.
Wellensteyn Monte Carlo Jacket Black: $400
What is the country of origin for this piece?post #15592 of 4525310/1/12 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by momentoftruth
SvB that last shot of the Gherkin is pretty cool, nice work
Just voted for Epaulet on Racked's poll for best Menswear stores in NYC. Link below for those interested:
Voted as well.post #15593 of 4525310/1/12 at 11:10ampost #15594 of 4525310/1/12 at 11:17amQuote:
Thanks! That shot was entered into a contest at my local photo developing place. If I win, I get a 10x15 metallic print done of it. If you guys feel like helping me win yet another contest, please give it a "like" here on FB:
Also just voted for Epaulet in the Racked poll -- I seem to recall the last time something like this came up it was a very close race with Odin but Epaulet ended up winning. Looks like Epaulet is way behind right now but I'm sure that with as many people who are on the forums and who read this thread, we can do it again. So get to voting!post #15595 of 4525310/1/12 at 11:19amQuote:
Man, that's a tough one. Others will have their own opinions (and larger numbers of Epaulet purchases...), but I'd guess either a rivet chino in a standard, wear anywhere color like khaki, or a walt trouser in regimental twill or a super 120's wool. To me, it all depends on what will be most useful for you. Of course, you could also interpret "ultimate" as the most interesting, least common, and most off-the-beaten-track style, in which case you might take your pick from the factory finds. Hard to say...post #15596 of 4525310/1/12 at 12:19pmpost #15597 of 4525310/1/12 at 12:32pmQuote:
lemmywinks, the answer to that question is pretty tough. One of the most important factors is how you intend to wear them. If you're looking for something casual with room to dress it up a bit the rivets are a great choice. The Walt/Rudy is probably the better route if you're looking for something that is appropriate for most offices (though certainly not limited to office wear of course).
Weight and material also depends on your usage but the Duck Canvas Rivets the Regiment Twill Walts/Rudys and the Super 120s Walts/Rudys are my picks for versatile medium weight trousers.
Super 120s grey wool is probably the most versatile choice for a conservative office look but if that isn't what you're going for there are a number of other great options. I'm sure if you can provide some more info the folks on the board will be more than happy to suggest some of their favorite picks!post #15598 of 4525310/1/12 at 1:19pmCan any of you guys help out with the sizing on the Ashland shirts? The website says that they fit bigger than normal Epaulet shirts and are very similar to Gitman. This would be perfect as the Gitman's fit me really well. The question I have is that the L Ashland is listed as having a 17" collar, is this accurate? Unless my Gitman's have shrunk or my neck has got so much bigger, there is no way the Gitman's have a 17' collar.
Any help would be appreciated.post #15599 of 4525310/1/12 at 1:26pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 seconds ago
- › deception 39 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 59 seconds ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...