or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1032

post #15466 of 36447
Family shot of yesterday's shipment....also I think the 2nd round of Rudy was done quicker because the first round was so late, so they all just came together at one time. Most other people got their Walts almost a month ago, and I just got my first round Rudys this week.

Top to bottom - blue herringbone linen, wheat linen, russet nailhead, grey herringbone windowpane, olive windowpane:

post #15467 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

are my 10oz caramel duck chinos too bright for Fall ?
No way. I plan to wear all of my 10 oz Ducks in the fall.
post #15468 of 36447
In the world of muscular calves vs the skinny pants era. If my calves fit in Rivet Chinos will they fit in Walts? Are you guys wearing the same size in both? Do walts come in 31?
post #15469 of 36447
Walts are definitely more loose than rivets, so you should have no problem (comparing my size 32 rivets to 32 walts at least).
post #15470 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Family shot of yesterday's shipment....also I think the 2nd round of Rudy was done quicker because the first round was so late, so they all just came together at one time. Most other people got their Walts almost a month ago, and I just got my first round Rudys this week.
Top to bottom - blue herringbone linen, wheat linen, russet nailhead, grey herringbone windowpane, olive windowpane:

Blue linen at top looks particularly nice. Enjoy those trousers.
post #15471 of 36447
In the world of muscular calves vs the skinny pants era. If my calves fit in Rivet Chinos will they fit in Walts? Are you guys wearing the same size in both? Do walts come in 31?
post #15472 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleV View Post

In the world of muscular calves vs the skinny pants era. If my calves fit in Rivet Chinos will they fit in Walts? Are you guys wearing the same size in both? Do walts come in 31?

 

Walt in the same size are slightly looser in the thigh and leg than the Rivets.

 

On that note, does anyone have any experience with or tips for having the Walt tailored to be a touch slimmer?  Overall I like the Rivet leg a bit better, but the Walt rise and fabrics better.

post #15473 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanl View Post

Walt in the same size are slightly looser in the thigh and leg than the Rivets.

On that note, does anyone have any experience with or tips for having the Walt tailored to be a touch slimmer?  Overall I like the Rivet leg a bit better, but the Walt rise and fabrics better.

i just got my navy shadow tartan walts slimmed down and meant to post a fit pic. i had the width at the hem reduced from 7.5" to 7.0" and the knee (18" from hem) reduced from 9.25" to 8.5" (approx for the knee, i have the actual #s written on the invoice at home).

i tried them on briefly and the fit was great, so i'm having another two walts slimmed down. the leg fit is now very similar to the rivet (in the same size), but the drape of the wool makes them appear much sleeker. eventually, i will probably have all my walts slimmed down like this. i'm gonna do the heavier fabrics first so they will be ready when the weather cools down. hope this helps. smile.gif
post #15474 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfrog View Post


i just got my navy shadow tartan walts slimmed down and meant to post a fit pic. i had the width at the hem reduced from 7.5" to 7.0" and the knee (18" from hem) reduced from 9.25" to 8.5" (approx for the knee, i have the actual #s written on the invoice at home).
i tried them on briefly and the fit was great, so i'm having another two walts slimmed down. the leg fit is now very similar to the rivet (in the same size), but the drape of the wool makes them appear much sleeker. eventually, i will probably have all my walts slimmed down like this. i'm gonna do the heavier fabrics first so they will be ready when the weather cools down. hope this helps. smile.gif

 

Thanks - that sound exactly like what I'm looking to do.  If you find the measurements, please post them!  And what waist size?

 

Did the tailor just take them in from the inseam?

post #15475 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanl View Post

Thanks - that sound exactly like what I'm looking to do.  If you find the measurements, please post them!  And what waist size?

Did the tailor just take them in from the inseam?

i wear 28 for both walts and rivets. i'll take some meaurements tonight and inspect how she took them in. initially, i asked to bring them in 0.5" at both the hem and knee, but she said at the knee there was more room. she charged me $25, which i thought was reasonable.
post #15476 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfrog View Post


i wear 28 for both walts and rivets. i'll take some meaurements tonight and inspect how she took them in. initially, i asked to bring them in 0.5" at both the hem and knee, but she said at the knee there was more room. she charged me $25, which i thought was reasonable.

 

Awesome, thanks!

post #15477 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

I'm still waiting for my Air Force flannels from the 2nd round sarcasm.gif

me and you both bro.....
post #15478 of 36447

Hey dudes, sorry Mike has been a little MIA. It's been quite a hectic week. But seriously, you guys have been kicking a lot of ass and we're so happy that you guys dig what we've been doing!

 

This is one of our favorite customers here in NYC. He's a really cool, chill, interesting dude (also a Southern-bred dude, like myself!). Always putting together things that are a little eccentric, but exuding confidence. Check him out!

 

J. Carlyle

 

 

 

 

 

 

Southwick for Michael Kuhle Barrett Double-Breasted Blazer

Epaulet Walt Medium Grey Wool/Cashmere Trouser

Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Burgundy Shell Cordovan Double Monk

post #15479 of 36447
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hey dudes, sorry Mike has been a little MIA. It's been quite a hectic week. But seriously, you guys have been kicking a lot of ass and we're so happy that you guys dig what we've been doing!

This is one of our favorite customers here in NYC. He's a really cool, chill, interesting dude (also a Southern-bred dude, like myself!). Always putting together things that are a little eccentric, but exuding confidence. Check him out!

J. Carlyle









Southwick for Michael Kuhle Barrett Double-Breasted Blazer
Epaulet Walt Medium Grey Wool/Cashmere Trouser
Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Burgundy Shell Cordovan Double Monk

Snazzy, like it.
post #15480 of 36447
^ Ah ha, the DB in the wild. Looks good and also wearing those Walts well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread