or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1031

post #15451 of 33600
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Picked up my purple pants from the tailor tonight. Can't wait to rock 'em. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tumblr_mazm825P4e1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg


Dropped mine off at the tailor tonight along with a pair of bedford cords, can't wait to rock both
post #15452 of 33600

either your white balance is way off or one of us is colorblind
 

post #15453 of 33600
Chris: indoor shot with yellow light, bro.
post #15454 of 33600

srsly? those do not look purple at all. something is off
 

post #15455 of 33600
Not sure what to tell you, man. I used the camera earlier in the day to capture my outfit for the blog and those came out OK. They're not suppose to be really purple to start off though. The grape is like gray with purple, and shetland is like brown with purple.
post #15456 of 33600
When will the Slim Walt Trouser Barberis Slate Guncheck trousers be restocked?
post #15457 of 33600
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Not sure what to tell you, man. I used the camera earlier in the day to capture my outfit for the blog and those came out OK. They're not suppose to be really purple to start off though. The grape is like gray with purple, and shetland is like brown with purple.

Yep, this is true... My Purple Shetlands were exactly what I expected, a brown trouser with a purple undertone, absolutely gorgeous. I'm picking mine up tomorrow.
post #15458 of 33600
are my 10oz caramel duck chinos too bright for Fall ?
post #15459 of 33600
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

srsly? those do not look purple at all. something is off

 

Trust me, they're pretty purple.

post #15460 of 33600
Crap, I was hoping to hold off buying any of the jackets until next year, but I received an invite to a wedding yesterday, so looks like I need to pick one up. Regarding size, I am 6' and about 175lbs. I wear a 15.5-16 neck and am a 33 in arm length. I have not purchased epaulet shirts before but most slim off the rack shirts are still taken in quite a bit by the tailor. I have not purchased enough jackets to know anything more than that I can often get by with 38 or 40Rs. But my jacket purchases before were always value brands or vintage. Anyway, the jacket I am looking at is only available in a 38. Do you think that it will fit?

I figured that 38 would be fine until I saw that the model was in size 40, 6'1 and 180lbs, so I wanted to ask.

Thanks for the help!
post #15461 of 33600
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlms3 View Post

Crap, I was hoping to hold off buying any of the jackets until next year, but I received an invite to a wedding yesterday, so looks like I need to pick one up. Regarding size, I am 6' and about 175lbs. I wear a 15.5-16 neck and am a 33 in arm length. I have not purchased epaulet shirts before but most slim off the rack shirts are still taken in quite a bit by the tailor. I have not purchased enough jackets to know anything more than that I can often get by with 38 or 40Rs. But my jacket purchases before were always value brands or vintage. Anyway, the jacket I am looking at is only available in a 38. Do you think that it will fit?
I figured that 38 would be fine until I saw that the model was in size 40, 6'1 and 180lbs, so I wanted to ask.
Thanks for the help!

Which jacket are you looking at?

I measure up very similarly to you, maybe a 34 arm length, but everything else is pretty much the same and the 40 Caine jackets fit me really nicely, even through the body, IMO. I think 38 is going to be too small for you for a couple of reasons:

The 38's shoulders and back are likely to be tight and really limit your movement. It might feel OK standing still, but the first time you try to lean forward or raise your arms, you'll feel it.

The 38 could look too short on a 6' frame. These are already R length fittings and, while I personally prefer that despite most salesmen in traditional stores wanting to put me in L, there's a definitely a point at which the jacket is too short. This could be the case in 38 for you.

We're talking about .5" and .25", but I feel that these jackets are pretty nicely tailored to start with and even small differences like this are important.

Frustrating that you don't have your option available when you have a pressing need for it. You could always try the 38 of course, and return it if it obviously does not work. But I think you may be very pleased with how a 40 fits if you can wait for it.
post #15462 of 33600
Thanks for the response frank. I was looking at the weller navy 120 as I have the navy 120 slacks. I know that they have the DB coat in navy but I don't think I will be able to wear it as easily... Maybe I'll order the 38 and if it does not fit, I will just go with the double breasted.
post #15463 of 33600
^That would make a great looking suit. I haven't combined jacket/Walts yet in that manner. May do so some day. Can't hurt to try the 38, if you've got the time. The DB would make for quite a look and I've eyed it. Conservative blue might just be the right way to do it. Hope something works out for you.
post #15464 of 33600
Got a nice package in the mail yesterday....5 pairs of Rudys from the first 2 rounds of Factory Finds, super awesome stuff as always. Looking forward to round 3 hopefully starting today!
post #15465 of 33600

I'm still waiting for my Air Force flannels from the 2nd round sarcasm.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread