Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1015post #15211 of 453419/15/12 at 1:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15212 of 453419/15/12 at 4:59pmpost #15213 of 453419/15/12 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rincon
IMO you can't do suit and tie with a longer jacket then go for the "high water" type look.
It just looks like your pants are too short by about 1.5"
To go for that style you need a more casual shirt, your sleeves should be rolled up a bit etc etc... essentially it has to look "unstudied".
thanks. hate when i am wrongpost #15214 of 453419/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #15215 of 453419/15/12 at 6:11pmpost #15216 of 453419/15/12 at 6:41pmpost #15217 of 453419/15/12 at 7:00pmpost #15218 of 453419/16/12 at 6:10ampost #15219 of 453419/16/12 at 7:25ampost #15220 of 453419/16/12 at 11:02amQuote:Your matching of colors and pieces is really boss!Originally Posted by luzer
more self-deprecating short-hem shots...
EP Jacket, Pants
Alden Modified Longwings
TM Lewin Shirt
[I Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While your trousers are a little short by traditional standards, I have to say, plenty of guys in NYC wear their hems this short. It's a look that you can embrace.
I think that Rincon's advice to go a little "unstudied" is right on. Or if you want to wear the outfit as is, merely changing your socks to something matching and monochrome will make a big difference. Right now those striped white socks draw the eye right down to the hem. Keeping the socks understanded or wearing your shoes without visible socks could be cool. Every time that I see Sid Mashburn in person, he's wearing shoes sockless with a hem that's higher than yours. And his outfit is always pretty formal - he wears a full suit more often than not. If it works for him, it can work for youQuote:We're looking at going live with them next Thursday. I'm fighting through all of the new product before we head out to LA, but you can expect:
Wolverine Shell Cordovan 744 boot
Two of the most ass-kicking outerwear pieces that the world has ever known
Ashland Fall neckwearQuote:
Ah yes, sorry for that. Navy Red Pindot Flannel was a really big hit. We only had a single roll of the cloth, so it's unfortunately totally sold out, and we don't have any fabric remaining. I have a lot more shirts on the way though!post #15221 of 453419/16/12 at 11:33ampost #15222 of 453419/16/12 at 11:51ampost #15223 of 453419/16/12 at 2:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by EpauletFemme
Here is a sneak peek of Fall shirting coming througout the season - really fantastic cloths!
We also just received in shop a gorgeous delivery of flannels & plaid poplins that we'll be posting on the website hopefully later today!
Epaulet Gold/Blue Buffalo Flannel
Epaulet Grey/Blue Tartan Flannel
Epaulet Large Cream Tartan Flannel
Epaulet Purple Herringbone
Epaulet Camel Herringbone
Ashland Exploded Tartan
Ashland Camel Check
Ashland Slate Blue Baby Cord
Ok, maybe it was said, but when are these expected to start arriving? My rule was to stick to tailored lands end and sale j crew shirts until I could put my budget to some custom made shirts, but god damn it, these are too beautiful! I must haz! I have gone back to look at these swatches like five times since they were posted!post #15224 of 453419/16/12 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by momentoftruth
soooo I've noticed that all my rivets (on to 4 pairs now) exhibit the same effect around the front button area: even though the pants fit me fine around the waist, you can see the outer seam peek out underneath the flap. This kinda makes it look like the trousers are too tight, even though they're not
I'm kind of doing a bad job of explaining it, so here's a pictorial description (please direct your attention what what gentlemen and tailors like to call the crotch area):
It's not exactly a huge deal or anything, but I'm wondering if getting my tailor to move the front button to the left would fix this (sadly I am absolutely hopeless at sewing). I really like how the chinos fit, but if someone has experienced the same thing and solved it I'd appreciate tips.
I mean, ain't that a spot where a little tightness is a good thing?
Dearest Epauletiers: are the other colours of moleskin trousers making a return?
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1161 Active Users (223 Members and 938 Guests)
- › Naked and famous denim 48 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 20 minutes ago
- › Lacoste polo real or not? 28 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 28 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 30 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...