Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1015post #15211 of 365109/15/12 at 1:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15212 of 365109/15/12 at 4:59pmpost #15213 of 365109/15/12 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rincon
IMO you can't do suit and tie with a longer jacket then go for the "high water" type look.
It just looks like your pants are too short by about 1.5"
To go for that style you need a more casual shirt, your sleeves should be rolled up a bit etc etc... essentially it has to look "unstudied".
thanks. hate when i am wrongpost #15214 of 365109/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #15215 of 365109/15/12 at 6:11pmpost #15216 of 365109/15/12 at 6:41pmpost #15217 of 365109/15/12 at 7:00pmpost #15218 of 365109/16/12 at 6:10ampost #15219 of 365109/16/12 at 7:25ampost #15220 of 365109/16/12 at 11:02amQuote:Your matching of colors and pieces is really boss!Originally Posted by luzer
more self-deprecating short-hem shots...
EP Jacket, Pants
Alden Modified Longwings
TM Lewin Shirt
[I Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While your trousers are a little short by traditional standards, I have to say, plenty of guys in NYC wear their hems this short. It's a look that you can embrace.
I think that Rincon's advice to go a little "unstudied" is right on. Or if you want to wear the outfit as is, merely changing your socks to something matching and monochrome will make a big difference. Right now those striped white socks draw the eye right down to the hem. Keeping the socks understanded or wearing your shoes without visible socks could be cool. Every time that I see Sid Mashburn in person, he's wearing shoes sockless with a hem that's higher than yours. And his outfit is always pretty formal - he wears a full suit more often than not. If it works for him, it can work for youQuote:We're looking at going live with them next Thursday. I'm fighting through all of the new product before we head out to LA, but you can expect:
Wolverine Shell Cordovan 744 boot
Two of the most ass-kicking outerwear pieces that the world has ever known
Ashland Fall neckwearQuote:
Ah yes, sorry for that. Navy Red Pindot Flannel was a really big hit. We only had a single roll of the cloth, so it's unfortunately totally sold out, and we don't have any fabric remaining. I have a lot more shirts on the way though!post #15221 of 365109/16/12 at 11:33ampost #15222 of 365109/16/12 at 11:51ampost #15223 of 365109/16/12 at 2:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by EpauletFemme
Here is a sneak peek of Fall shirting coming througout the season - really fantastic cloths!
We also just received in shop a gorgeous delivery of flannels & plaid poplins that we'll be posting on the website hopefully later today!
Epaulet Gold/Blue Buffalo Flannel
Epaulet Grey/Blue Tartan Flannel
Epaulet Large Cream Tartan Flannel
Epaulet Purple Herringbone
Epaulet Camel Herringbone
Ashland Exploded Tartan
Ashland Camel Check
Ashland Slate Blue Baby Cord
Ok, maybe it was said, but when are these expected to start arriving? My rule was to stick to tailored lands end and sale j crew shirts until I could put my budget to some custom made shirts, but god damn it, these are too beautiful! I must haz! I have gone back to look at these swatches like five times since they were posted!post #15224 of 365109/16/12 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by momentoftruth
soooo I've noticed that all my rivets (on to 4 pairs now) exhibit the same effect around the front button area: even though the pants fit me fine around the waist, you can see the outer seam peek out underneath the flap. This kinda makes it look like the trousers are too tight, even though they're not
I'm kind of doing a bad job of explaining it, so here's a pictorial description (please direct your attention what what gentlemen and tailors like to call the crotch area):
It's not exactly a huge deal or anything, but I'm wondering if getting my tailor to move the front button to the left would fix this (sadly I am absolutely hopeless at sewing). I really like how the chinos fit, but if someone has experienced the same thing and solved it I'd appreciate tips.
I mean, ain't that a spot where a little tightness is a good thing?
Dearest Epauletiers: are the other colours of moleskin trousers making a return?
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1370 Active Users (313 Members and 1057 Guests)
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 13 minutes ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 18 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 20 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...