Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1015post #15211 of 508249/15/12 at 1:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15212 of 508249/15/12 at 4:59pmpost #15213 of 508249/15/12 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rincon
IMO you can't do suit and tie with a longer jacket then go for the "high water" type look.
It just looks like your pants are too short by about 1.5"
To go for that style you need a more casual shirt, your sleeves should be rolled up a bit etc etc... essentially it has to look "unstudied".
thanks. hate when i am wrongpost #15214 of 508249/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #15215 of 508249/15/12 at 6:11pmpost #15216 of 508249/15/12 at 6:41pmpost #15217 of 508249/15/12 at 7:00pmpost #15218 of 508249/16/12 at 6:10ampost #15219 of 508249/16/12 at 7:25ampost #15220 of 508249/16/12 at 11:02amQuote:Your matching of colors and pieces is really boss!Originally Posted by luzer
more self-deprecating short-hem shots...
EP Jacket, Pants
Alden Modified Longwings
TM Lewin Shirt
[I Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While your trousers are a little short by traditional standards, I have to say, plenty of guys in NYC wear their hems this short. It's a look that you can embrace.
I think that Rincon's advice to go a little "unstudied" is right on. Or if you want to wear the outfit as is, merely changing your socks to something matching and monochrome will make a big difference. Right now those striped white socks draw the eye right down to the hem. Keeping the socks understanded or wearing your shoes without visible socks could be cool. Every time that I see Sid Mashburn in person, he's wearing shoes sockless with a hem that's higher than yours. And his outfit is always pretty formal - he wears a full suit more often than not. If it works for him, it can work for youQuote:We're looking at going live with them next Thursday. I'm fighting through all of the new product before we head out to LA, but you can expect:
Wolverine Shell Cordovan 744 boot
Two of the most ass-kicking outerwear pieces that the world has ever known
Ashland Fall neckwearQuote:
Ah yes, sorry for that. Navy Red Pindot Flannel was a really big hit. We only had a single roll of the cloth, so it's unfortunately totally sold out, and we don't have any fabric remaining. I have a lot more shirts on the way though!post #15221 of 508249/16/12 at 11:33ampost #15222 of 508249/16/12 at 11:51ampost #15223 of 508249/16/12 at 2:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by EpauletFemme
Here is a sneak peek of Fall shirting coming througout the season - really fantastic cloths!
We also just received in shop a gorgeous delivery of flannels & plaid poplins that we'll be posting on the website hopefully later today!
Epaulet Gold/Blue Buffalo Flannel
Epaulet Grey/Blue Tartan Flannel
Epaulet Large Cream Tartan Flannel
Epaulet Purple Herringbone
Epaulet Camel Herringbone
Ashland Exploded Tartan
Ashland Camel Check
Ashland Slate Blue Baby Cord
Ok, maybe it was said, but when are these expected to start arriving? My rule was to stick to tailored lands end and sale j crew shirts until I could put my budget to some custom made shirts, but god damn it, these are too beautiful! I must haz! I have gone back to look at these swatches like five times since they were posted!post #15224 of 508249/16/12 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by momentoftruth
soooo I've noticed that all my rivets (on to 4 pairs now) exhibit the same effect around the front button area: even though the pants fit me fine around the waist, you can see the outer seam peek out underneath the flap. This kinda makes it look like the trousers are too tight, even though they're not
I'm kind of doing a bad job of explaining it, so here's a pictorial description (please direct your attention what what gentlemen and tailors like to call the crotch area):
It's not exactly a huge deal or anything, but I'm wondering if getting my tailor to move the front button to the left would fix this (sadly I am absolutely hopeless at sewing). I really like how the chinos fit, but if someone has experienced the same thing and solved it I'd appreciate tips.
I mean, ain't that a spot where a little tightness is a good thing?
Dearest Epauletiers: are the other colours of moleskin trousers making a return?
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
Currently, there are 998 Active Users (143 Members and 855 Guests)
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 31 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 32 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 33 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 36 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 36 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 38 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 40 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...