or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1013

post #15181 of 33589
Definitely will be ordering those grey donegal tweeds...I'm guessing the Rudy orders will open up around the same time as the next Factory Finds near the end of this month?
post #15182 of 33589
Anybody here own the any of the Shetland Tweeds?
How thick is the material?
Is it very itchy?
post #15183 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Anybody here own the any of the Shetland Tweeds?
How thick is the material?
Is it very itchy?
I have the cocoa color already. It's thick, but not as thick as the Harris Tweed. Not itchy and coarse at all, but hairy of course because it's wool.
post #15184 of 33589
Thx
post #15185 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Finally got around to digging this one up after getting back to LA... obviously my fiancee and I will be there! You stumbled upon one of her favorite things (Tiki bars) so I'd say we could definitely make that work! If it's the place I'm thinking of, I would suggest that the thing to do is to take the Metro red line to North Hollywood (~25 mins) after which it's just a short (~10min) cab ride away. The Metro is only $1.50 each way, and as of about a month ago, runs until 2am! This way you avoid driving AND you can tell everyone you rode the LA subway that they think doesn't exist. Depending on the time of day, driving can take just as much time, or more.

Of course, I work in the valley though, so I will probably come directly there and I'll have space in my car for you guys if you want a lift back downtown afterwards, depending on how late it goes.

Might actually have something that weekend but if not, I could offer rides as well if you're around hollywood area
post #15186 of 33589

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Finally got around to digging this one up after getting back to LA... obviously my fiancee and I will be there! You stumbled upon one of her favorite things (Tiki bars) so I'd say we could definitely make that work! If it's the place I'm thinking of, I would suggest that the thing to do is to take the Metro red line to North Hollywood (~25 mins) after which it's just a short (~10min) cab ride away. The Metro is only $1.50 each way, and as of about a month ago, runs until 2am! This way you avoid driving AND you can tell everyone you rode the LA subway that they think doesn't exist. Depending on the time of day, driving can take just as much time, or more.

Of course, I work in the valley though, so I will probably come directly there and I'll have space in my car for you guys if you want a lift back downtown afterwards, depending on how late it goes.

Mike will you be bringing some of the shetland and donegal pants to the LA Trunkshow on the 22nd (September)?
post #15187 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I can't wait to get home to see these in person. 5 more hours until I can go home...ugh. It looked brownish on my work CPU, but less on my laptop.
I'm tempted to order the Grape flannels too!

Rofl, new releases are so good...but I promised myself no more Epaulet AT LEAST until their trunk show.
post #15188 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestak View Post

Just a try do do some Epaulet wear photo:



 Congrats to wj4 and others who make really fine photos, it is not very easy to do !
Thanks, man. I still have a long way to go with my photography skills shog[1].gif

Scarlet Linen Walt today:
tumblr_mabs2xKbGr1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg


Also, here's a comparison picture. The purple Donegal is great! It has a lot of small flecks. From left to right: purple Donegal, Cocoa Shetland, brown tweed from J. Crew (just to show the difference in hues)
tumblr_mabs53iTzx1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg
post #15189 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Does the collective wisdom say that those are Alden #8 LHS in the fit pics for the new trousers? Whatever they are, I want some.

I was looking at the belt. I'll take one of these, and another in a lighter tan.

post #15190 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Anybody here own the any of the Shetland Tweeds?
How thick is the material?
Is it very itchy?

 

I own the Purple Shetland and have handled all of them, and they're not itchy at all. They're fairly thick, but not as crazy as the Harris Tweed from last fall (or was that two falls ago?).

 

The Purple Shetland is incredible. Really something special -- I've never seen trousers like it. Honestly this is probably the best single pants delivery I've ever seen.

 

Also Mike/Matt/Adele, the Charred Forest is a tweed, and not a flannel? If so, that's easily the softest tweed I've ever worn.

post #15191 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Also, here's a comparison picture. The purple Donegal is great! It has a lot of small flecks. From left to right: purple Donegal, Cocoa Shetland, brown tweed from J. Crew (just to show the difference in hues)
tumblr_mabs53iTzx1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

It's like a window into fall. Those are going to make for some great looks wj4.
post #15192 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

And a couple of the gnarliest cotton trouser I've ever seen...

(My personal favorite of all of our F/W trousers..)


Epaulet Walt Trouser Rust Steep Twill - $175



Epaulet Walt Trouser Lovat Moleskin - $175

These look great for fall/winter. How's the Lovat color compared to Olive Canvas?
post #15193 of 33589

Merino Sweaters:

Is there going to be any possibility of getting a small in the Greycast Navy - that's the single biggest thing I regret not getting last year.  If not, are you planning any navy Merino this year?

post #15194 of 33589

Any plans to restock the Navy 120s Slim Walt anytime soon?

post #15195 of 33589
The new trousers look great! I think you mentioned that some of the fall fabrics would be available to order as matching jackets. Is that true of any of the ones posted yesterday?

Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread