Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:53 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1007post #15091 of 335229/10/12 at 3:06pmI wear a 15.5" collar, 34.5" sleeve, and (about) a 40" chest. I find that if I shrink an Epaulet large shirt in the dryer I can usually get an ideal fit. I only do this once. The shrinkage is most noticeable in the collar. I think a large starts out at 16.5", and after a trip through the dryer it is almost 15.5." (So, perfect for me.) I don't want anyone to ruin their shirts, but I'm just mentioning this as an option.
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #15092 of 335229/10/12 at 3:07pmpost #15093 of 335229/10/12 at 3:10pmIt's mostly directed at your signature.
I prefer Epaulet, and I've had both. Your question is also very vague? Are you comparing the dimensions? Fabric? What?
A cursory search also shows:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=+site:styleforum.net+styleforum%2Bhoward%2Byount%2Bepaulet&sa=X&ei=xmROUOCbMaq3yQHS0YHYCg&ved=0CCoQrQIwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=69259e6e7da2331&biw=1553&bih=916post #15094 of 335229/10/12 at 3:11pmpost #15095 of 335229/10/12 at 3:44pmHoward Yount's lightweight summer offerings, like the nailhead and tropical wool trousers, are terrific and I'm not aware of a similar product from Epaulet. HY flannel trousers are great, too, but the nod goes to Epaulet for more interesting fabrics. My blue flannel trousers from HY get a lot of wear in the winter, but I don't get psyched to put them on like I do with my electric blue-speckled navy marled trousers from Epaulet. HY fit is similar to Epaulet's Walt, and it actually works a tiny bit better on my body.
If Epaulet is sold out of your size for a staple item like gray or blue flannel trousers, you'll do perfectly well to pick up a similar product from Howard Yount. Only Epaulet, however, offers trousers in fabrics like "grape herringbone" and "cocoa tweed." Aside from some amazing madras he did this summer, you're not going to find a lot of interesting make-ups at Howard Yount. They crank out exotic new models every six weeks or so at Epaulet, which is a strong contributing factor to the Trouser Acquisition Syndrome that afflicts so many contributors to this thread.post #15096 of 335229/10/12 at 4:11pmpost #15097 of 335229/10/12 at 4:32pmpost #15098 of 335229/10/12 at 4:33pmpost #15099 of 335229/10/12 at 4:36pmpost #15100 of 335229/10/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
Welcome to the thread! We don't offer a SF discount, but we do post our new merchandise here first, and I think that you'll be really delighted with the quality that we deliver for the price.
If you have any questions on trouser fabrics or fit, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help. We'll have the meat & potatoes of our Fall Walt collection online next week, but we'll also constantly roll out new merchandise every month or so on top of that.Quote:
Yup, you can absolutely special order that. Drop Adele a PM at EpauletFemme and she can hook that up for you.post #15101 of 335229/10/12 at 4:54pmpost #15102 of 335229/10/12 at 5:24pmpost #15103 of 335229/10/12 at 6:01pmpost #15104 of 335229/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
Also note the 14-day refund policy of SF members. This is compard to store credit policy otherwise. I believe many members put this to good use finding their size in a shirt or trousers or a pair of shoes. I know there are other vendors around SF with excellent return policies and service, but you can can sure EP is right there with the best of them.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1250 Active Users (250 Members and 1000 Guests)
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 25 seconds ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › Watch PAOK Salonika V Dinamo Minsk Live Football Match Thursday... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Recent Sartorialist Looks 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)