Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1007post #15091 of 444059/10/12 at 3:06pmI wear a 15.5" collar, 34.5" sleeve, and (about) a 40" chest. I find that if I shrink an Epaulet large shirt in the dryer I can usually get an ideal fit. I only do this once. The shrinkage is most noticeable in the collar. I think a large starts out at 16.5", and after a trip through the dryer it is almost 15.5." (So, perfect for me.) I don't want anyone to ruin their shirts, but I'm just mentioning this as an option.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15092 of 444059/10/12 at 3:07pmpost #15093 of 444059/10/12 at 3:10pmIt's mostly directed at your signature.
I prefer Epaulet, and I've had both. Your question is also very vague? Are you comparing the dimensions? Fabric? What?
A cursory search also shows:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=+site:styleforum.net+styleforum%2Bhoward%2Byount%2Bepaulet&sa=X&ei=xmROUOCbMaq3yQHS0YHYCg&ved=0CCoQrQIwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=69259e6e7da2331&biw=1553&bih=916post #15094 of 444059/10/12 at 3:11pmpost #15095 of 444059/10/12 at 3:44pmHoward Yount's lightweight summer offerings, like the nailhead and tropical wool trousers, are terrific and I'm not aware of a similar product from Epaulet. HY flannel trousers are great, too, but the nod goes to Epaulet for more interesting fabrics. My blue flannel trousers from HY get a lot of wear in the winter, but I don't get psyched to put them on like I do with my electric blue-speckled navy marled trousers from Epaulet. HY fit is similar to Epaulet's Walt, and it actually works a tiny bit better on my body.
If Epaulet is sold out of your size for a staple item like gray or blue flannel trousers, you'll do perfectly well to pick up a similar product from Howard Yount. Only Epaulet, however, offers trousers in fabrics like "grape herringbone" and "cocoa tweed." Aside from some amazing madras he did this summer, you're not going to find a lot of interesting make-ups at Howard Yount. They crank out exotic new models every six weeks or so at Epaulet, which is a strong contributing factor to the Trouser Acquisition Syndrome that afflicts so many contributors to this thread.post #15096 of 444059/10/12 at 4:11pmpost #15097 of 444059/10/12 at 4:32pmpost #15098 of 444059/10/12 at 4:33pmpost #15099 of 444059/10/12 at 4:36pmpost #15100 of 444059/10/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
Welcome to the thread! We don't offer a SF discount, but we do post our new merchandise here first, and I think that you'll be really delighted with the quality that we deliver for the price.
If you have any questions on trouser fabrics or fit, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help. We'll have the meat & potatoes of our Fall Walt collection online next week, but we'll also constantly roll out new merchandise every month or so on top of that.Quote:
Yup, you can absolutely special order that. Drop Adele a PM at EpauletFemme and she can hook that up for you.post #15101 of 444059/10/12 at 4:54pmpost #15102 of 444059/10/12 at 5:24pmpost #15103 of 444059/10/12 at 6:01pmpost #15104 of 444059/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
Also note the 14-day refund policy of SF members. This is compard to store credit policy otherwise. I believe many members put this to good use finding their size in a shirt or trousers or a pair of shoes. I know there are other vendors around SF with excellent return policies and service, but you can can sure EP is right there with the best of them.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1683 Active Users (427 Members and 1256 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Jackets for Sale--38/40 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › Geil Mode - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...