Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:51 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1007post #15091 of 365779/10/12 at 3:06pmI wear a 15.5" collar, 34.5" sleeve, and (about) a 40" chest. I find that if I shrink an Epaulet large shirt in the dryer I can usually get an ideal fit. I only do this once. The shrinkage is most noticeable in the collar. I think a large starts out at 16.5", and after a trip through the dryer it is almost 15.5." (So, perfect for me.) I don't want anyone to ruin their shirts, but I'm just mentioning this as an option.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15092 of 365779/10/12 at 3:07pmpost #15093 of 365779/10/12 at 3:10pmIt's mostly directed at your signature.
I prefer Epaulet, and I've had both. Your question is also very vague? Are you comparing the dimensions? Fabric? What?
A cursory search also shows:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=+site:styleforum.net+styleforum%2Bhoward%2Byount%2Bepaulet&sa=X&ei=xmROUOCbMaq3yQHS0YHYCg&ved=0CCoQrQIwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=69259e6e7da2331&biw=1553&bih=916post #15094 of 365779/10/12 at 3:11pmpost #15095 of 365779/10/12 at 3:44pmHoward Yount's lightweight summer offerings, like the nailhead and tropical wool trousers, are terrific and I'm not aware of a similar product from Epaulet. HY flannel trousers are great, too, but the nod goes to Epaulet for more interesting fabrics. My blue flannel trousers from HY get a lot of wear in the winter, but I don't get psyched to put them on like I do with my electric blue-speckled navy marled trousers from Epaulet. HY fit is similar to Epaulet's Walt, and it actually works a tiny bit better on my body.
If Epaulet is sold out of your size for a staple item like gray or blue flannel trousers, you'll do perfectly well to pick up a similar product from Howard Yount. Only Epaulet, however, offers trousers in fabrics like "grape herringbone" and "cocoa tweed." Aside from some amazing madras he did this summer, you're not going to find a lot of interesting make-ups at Howard Yount. They crank out exotic new models every six weeks or so at Epaulet, which is a strong contributing factor to the Trouser Acquisition Syndrome that afflicts so many contributors to this thread.post #15096 of 365779/10/12 at 4:11pmpost #15097 of 365779/10/12 at 4:32pmpost #15098 of 365779/10/12 at 4:33pmpost #15099 of 365779/10/12 at 4:36pmpost #15100 of 365779/10/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
Welcome to the thread! We don't offer a SF discount, but we do post our new merchandise here first, and I think that you'll be really delighted with the quality that we deliver for the price.
If you have any questions on trouser fabrics or fit, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help. We'll have the meat & potatoes of our Fall Walt collection online next week, but we'll also constantly roll out new merchandise every month or so on top of that.Quote:
Yup, you can absolutely special order that. Drop Adele a PM at EpauletFemme and she can hook that up for you.post #15101 of 365779/10/12 at 4:54pmpost #15102 of 365779/10/12 at 5:24pmpost #15103 of 365779/10/12 at 6:01pmpost #15104 of 365779/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
Also note the 14-day refund policy of SF members. This is compard to store credit policy otherwise. I believe many members put this to good use finding their size in a shirt or trousers or a pair of shoes. I know there are other vendors around SF with excellent return policies and service, but you can can sure EP is right there with the best of them.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1722 Active Users (430 Members and 1292 Guests)
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › VISVIM resoling rigmorale: Dissertations on INANE DESIGNS 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Heirloom Shawl Cardigan 40 Large Dark Glacier 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...