Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1007post #15091 of 509549/10/12 at 3:06pmI wear a 15.5" collar, 34.5" sleeve, and (about) a 40" chest. I find that if I shrink an Epaulet large shirt in the dryer I can usually get an ideal fit. I only do this once. The shrinkage is most noticeable in the collar. I think a large starts out at 16.5", and after a trip through the dryer it is almost 15.5." (So, perfect for me.) I don't want anyone to ruin their shirts, but I'm just mentioning this as an option.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15092 of 509549/10/12 at 3:07pmpost #15093 of 509549/10/12 at 3:10pmIt's mostly directed at your signature.
I prefer Epaulet, and I've had both. Your question is also very vague? Are you comparing the dimensions? Fabric? What?
A cursory search also shows:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=+site:styleforum.net+styleforum%2Bhoward%2Byount%2Bepaulet&sa=X&ei=xmROUOCbMaq3yQHS0YHYCg&ved=0CCoQrQIwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=69259e6e7da2331&biw=1553&bih=916post #15094 of 509549/10/12 at 3:11pmpost #15095 of 509549/10/12 at 3:44pmHoward Yount's lightweight summer offerings, like the nailhead and tropical wool trousers, are terrific and I'm not aware of a similar product from Epaulet. HY flannel trousers are great, too, but the nod goes to Epaulet for more interesting fabrics. My blue flannel trousers from HY get a lot of wear in the winter, but I don't get psyched to put them on like I do with my electric blue-speckled navy marled trousers from Epaulet. HY fit is similar to Epaulet's Walt, and it actually works a tiny bit better on my body.
If Epaulet is sold out of your size for a staple item like gray or blue flannel trousers, you'll do perfectly well to pick up a similar product from Howard Yount. Only Epaulet, however, offers trousers in fabrics like "grape herringbone" and "cocoa tweed." Aside from some amazing madras he did this summer, you're not going to find a lot of interesting make-ups at Howard Yount. They crank out exotic new models every six weeks or so at Epaulet, which is a strong contributing factor to the Trouser Acquisition Syndrome that afflicts so many contributors to this thread.post #15096 of 509549/10/12 at 4:11pmpost #15097 of 509549/10/12 at 4:32pmpost #15098 of 509549/10/12 at 4:33pmpost #15099 of 509549/10/12 at 4:36pmpost #15100 of 509549/10/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
Welcome to the thread! We don't offer a SF discount, but we do post our new merchandise here first, and I think that you'll be really delighted with the quality that we deliver for the price.
If you have any questions on trouser fabrics or fit, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help. We'll have the meat & potatoes of our Fall Walt collection online next week, but we'll also constantly roll out new merchandise every month or so on top of that.Quote:
Yup, you can absolutely special order that. Drop Adele a PM at EpauletFemme and she can hook that up for you.post #15101 of 509549/10/12 at 4:54pmpost #15102 of 509549/10/12 at 5:24pmpost #15103 of 509549/10/12 at 6:01pmpost #15104 of 509549/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
Also note the 14-day refund policy of SF members. This is compard to store credit policy otherwise. I believe many members put this to good use finding their size in a shirt or trousers or a pair of shoes. I know there are other vendors around SF with excellent return policies and service, but you can can sure EP is right there with the best of them.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1052 Active Users (189 Members and 863 Guests)
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › LEMAIRE 1 minute ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?