8.5 should fit you fine if you're usually a 9...Barrie is traditionally 1/2 size down for most, a full size down would be too extreme IMO
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 992post #14866 of 508648/31/12 at 10:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14867 of 508648/31/12 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
The brown trousers are the new Donogal wool that was put up several days ago. It's noticeably thick, but not as quite as thick as the Harris Tweed. They are lined to the knees if I recall correctly. I tried them once when I got home at 10PM last night and didn't pay that much attention. Will be going to the tailor tomorrow!
You mean shetland, right? and if half lined like usual, going to violate my no-kop-after-wedding rule...post #14868 of 508648/31/12 at 10:30ampost #14869 of 508648/31/12 at 10:43ampost #14870 of 508648/31/12 at 11:01amQuote:
Oh no, I think that the 8.5 should be good for you. It runs a half size big.Quote:
Yup, Shetlands are just half-lined to the knee, like our normal wool trousers. They're not nearly as coarse as Harris Tweed. And although they're thick, they're still very wearable even in mild-ish Winters.
Yes, go up 1-2" on your size. If you take a 32 or a 33 pant, get a 34 belt.post #14871 of 508648/31/12 at 11:10ampost #14872 of 508648/31/12 at 11:13am
Oh sorry, they won't. There's not much of it, so we're going to cut exclusively chinos in this particular trio of flannels.
That said, the Walt/Rudy line is going to get its own assortment of 5-6 flannel colors for the Fall. They should come in about 2 weeks or so.post #14873 of 508648/31/12 at 12:09pmpost #14874 of 508648/31/12 at 12:40pmpost #14875 of 508648/31/12 at 12:55pmpost #14876 of 508648/31/12 at 3:58pmpost #14877 of 508648/31/12 at 4:03pmpost #14878 of 508648/31/12 at 4:05pmpost #14879 of 508648/31/12 at 4:29pmpost #14880 of 508648/31/12 at 5:31pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1071 Active Users (185 Members and 886 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › White windowpane sport coat - Linen-cotton opinion 3 minutes ago
- › NEED NY NY proxy!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...