or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 978

post #14656 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I heard Mike's voice from the sky and he said the special order trousers are a-coming.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

tumblr_m934dvd5sZ1rux7jzo3_1280.jpg

 

 

Looking good, as usual! What belt is that?

post #14657 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganziyama View Post

Hey does anyone know how the Rudy fits compared to the Rivet chinos? I'm looking to get: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-596/Tapered-Rudy-Trouser-Chambray/Detail , or 'Tapered Rudy Trouser' and would like a slim 30 comparable in fit to the rivets, so I was not sure if I can get 28 and let it out at the waist for a similar fit or if its a different beast altogether. Thanks.

the Rudy is a fuller fit all around - larger in the seat and thigh, with a wider leg opening as well. I wear a size 33 in the Rudy perfectly and I size up to 34 to get a similar fit in the Rivet. However, I usually wear my Rudy's in a dressier setting, so they're still a bit looser than my Rivets (like many others, I like my chinos just a bit more snug than my dress trousers). They also have a higher rise, so I don't think you'd be able to get the fit exactly the same as the Rivet. I guess the short answer is that they are a different beast with a different cut, but if you want to do some tailoring to the waist to a size 28 Rudy, you could get something that fits similar to a 30 Rivet, but it won't be exactly the same. Hope that made sense.
post #14658 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Looking good, as usual! What belt is that?
Thank you, my friend. The belt is from Brooks Bros. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #14659 of 35199
That is a pretty awesome belt.
post #14660 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Hello everyone, I am looking for some Carmina sizing advice. I have read the description for the Steinbeck boot and still need some sizing advice. I wear 7.5 in Tru-Balance/Barrie. I wear 7.5 in the RL Darlton. I wear a 8 in AE's 5 last. I wear a 8 in Rancourt/Polo Edric penny.
Now, based on the item description, a size 8UK = size 8.5 Barrie. Therefore for a similar fit to my Indy boots (US 7.5), I should order the UK 7.
Does that sound correct? Any other advice? Thank - you in advance. Best regards.

I take 7.5 in Barrie and Trubalance and 8 in Leydon. My Inca lasted dub monks are 7UK.
post #14661 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Hello everyone, I am looking for some Carmina sizing advice. I have read the description for the Steinbeck boot and still need some sizing advice. I wear 7.5 in Tru-Balance/Barrie. I wear 7.5 in the RL Darlton. I wear a 8 in AE's 5 last. I wear a 8 in Rancourt/Polo Edric penny.

Now, based on the item description, a size 8UK = size 8.5 Barrie. Therefore for a similar fit to my Indy boots (US 7.5), I should order the UK 7.

Does that sound correct? Any other advice? Thank - you in advance. Best regards.

I found Epaulet's Carmina sizing advice to be pretty accurate. For me, it's: Brannock 9D = Barrie/Tru-Balance 8.5D = UK8.

However, different Carmina lasts does fit differently. The Rain last in UK8 fits me pretty much perfect, while the Inca last in UK8 feels a little bit looser (but still a good fit). I don't know how the Forest last fits, but Mike and others with experience will probably chime in.
post #14662 of 35199

Mike, the Eisenhower (Heisenberg) jacket still on track for late September?

post #14663 of 35199
Any chance for a restock on the Bordeaux Luchino Polo Shirt? I missed out on these in my size and really dig the color
post #14664 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsal17 View Post

Any chance for a restock on the Bordeaux Luchino Polo Shirt? I missed out on these in my size and really dig the color

 

mas uno

post #14665 of 35199
While we're talking restocks, I missed out on the olive moleskin trousers last winter. Will another run of those be coming around again this fall? And here's an x-post from WAYWT featuring my only Epaulet shirt, Pure Blue Japan denim and Alden for Leather Soul brown chromexcel captoe jumper boots.


Edited by Morgan - 8/21/12 at 5:27pm
post #14666 of 35199
^ still speaking of restocks...love that shirt. Maybe next spring? mwink[1].gif
post #14667 of 35199
Hey Mike/anyone else who knows: can Epaulet's wool and wool/cashmere pants be de-wrinklefied with a steamer? Would it damage the fabric to put the steamer's nozzle right up against the pants, or would it be advisable to hold it a little bit further away?
post #14668 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

While we're talking restocks, I missed out on the olive moleskin trousers last winter. Will another run of those be coming around again this fall? And here's an x-post from WAYWT featuring my only Epaulet shirt:

Curious which boot? Capote?

EDIT: just clicked your Tumblr. Always love those, but wasn't sure if that was what it was.
post #14669 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Hey Mike/anyone else who knows: can Epaulet's wool and wool/cashmere pants be de-wrinklefied with a steamer? Would it damage the fabric to put the steamer's nozzle right up against the pants, or would it be advisable to hold it a little bit further away?

Try hanging them in a steamy bathroom first if your worried...otherwise, I'd drop em at a cleaners and just ask for a press.
post #14670 of 35199
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Try hanging them in a steamy bathroom first if your worried...otherwise, I'd drop em at a cleaners and just ask for a press.
Thanks for the advice. I actually do that quite a bit with some of my clothes and ties, but due to the way that my bathroom is constructed, it takes way too long. I bought a steamer to get these things done in a quicker fashion, and was hoping that it could used on finer fabrics as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread