Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 964post #14446 of 453328/8/12 at 9:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14447 of 453328/8/12 at 9:46ampost #14448 of 453328/8/12 at 9:59ampost #14449 of 453328/8/12 at 10:02ampost #14450 of 453328/8/12 at 11:39ampost #14451 of 453328/8/12 at 12:22pmpost #14452 of 453328/8/12 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Costa
It was, thanks a lot for the follow up! Really appreciate it!
On the pants, I would think the same thing, until I tried on the Oxford cloth chinos in 36s. I thought they would be on the big side, but were way small. I even compared to the measurement on the site, and they seemed off on the small side. Going to give it a shot on both Rudy pants and shoes. Thanks again!
The Oxford cloth Rivets ran smaller than most others....and, Rivets in general will be slimmer than the Rudy. I wear a size 33 Rudy and I had to size up all the way to 36 to get a good fit on the Oxford cloths (generally I wear a 34 in other Rivets). I had to get the waist taken in, but now they fit perfectly. Actually, the 36 Oxfords are still tighter in some areas compared to some of my 33 Rudy's.
SVB - congrats and great pics!post #14453 of 453328/8/12 at 12:40pm
Some friends of mine recently shot me for their lifestyle-themed website. They do profiles on people they're friends with or that they think are interesting. Check them/all the shots out on their site, Industry of One.
Southwick for Micheal Kuhle Midnight Blue Super 120's Wool Suit
Ashland Blue Paisley Silk Pocket Square
Epaulet Burgundy Paisley Tie
Epaulet Cutaway Collar Oxford Popover
Carmina For Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calf Double Monk
Southwick for Michael Kuhle Caine Navy Hopsack Blazer
Epaulet Cutaway Collar Oxford Popover (you guys noticing a trend yet?)
Epaulet Walt Trouser Medium Grey Super 120's Wool
Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calf Double Monk
Ashland for Epaulet Blue/Grey/White Striped Oxford shirt
Epaulet Rivet Chino Desert Duck Canvaspost #14454 of 453328/8/12 at 12:44pmpost #14455 of 453328/8/12 at 12:56pmpost #14456 of 453328/8/12 at 1:23pmpost #14457 of 453328/8/12 at 1:40pmpost #14458 of 453328/8/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
I wear a 35" classic cut chino from JCrew (as reference), and ordered the 36" Oxford cloth chinos, and they were WAY too tight. I hear they were running small, but these were way too small. Do those with experience think that the 36" Rudy (cut bigger) will be a fit? I was blown away at how small the Oxfords were. I'm a fit 6' 200lbs, and for reference wear a 42 BB Fitzgerald cut suit pretty much off the rack. Would suck if I was sized out of these pants.
I'm pretty reliably a 34" in most brands - 33" in some. I'm 6'1'' 185lbs with a round Italian ass and upper legs made from 12 years of soccer and hockey and the best fit for me is to get the 36" Rudy's and then have the waist taken in about 1 1/2 inches. I've tried 34" Rudy's and 36" Walts on at the store and they're passable albeit a big snug, but the 36" Rudys are pretty perfect.post #14459 of 453328/8/12 at 2:09pmpost #14460 of 453328/8/12 at 2:36pmQuote:
Thank you, sir! It's actually an old Aria guitar. The dude that I was subletting my room from left it when he moved to Europe.Quote:
I believe that we'll be running it again and in some other fabrics as well. It's really become my favorite shirt.Quote:
Thanks man! I appreciate it. And congrats on your engagement! Baaaaallin'!
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › NIB 10D Dolce & Gabbana Leather Derby Shoes from Mr Porter 21 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...