Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 11:20 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 964post #14446 of 509528/8/12 at 9:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14447 of 509528/8/12 at 9:46ampost #14448 of 509528/8/12 at 9:59ampost #14449 of 509528/8/12 at 10:02ampost #14450 of 509528/8/12 at 11:39ampost #14451 of 509528/8/12 at 12:22pmpost #14452 of 509528/8/12 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Costa
It was, thanks a lot for the follow up! Really appreciate it!
On the pants, I would think the same thing, until I tried on the Oxford cloth chinos in 36s. I thought they would be on the big side, but were way small. I even compared to the measurement on the site, and they seemed off on the small side. Going to give it a shot on both Rudy pants and shoes. Thanks again!
The Oxford cloth Rivets ran smaller than most others....and, Rivets in general will be slimmer than the Rudy. I wear a size 33 Rudy and I had to size up all the way to 36 to get a good fit on the Oxford cloths (generally I wear a 34 in other Rivets). I had to get the waist taken in, but now they fit perfectly. Actually, the 36 Oxfords are still tighter in some areas compared to some of my 33 Rudy's.
SVB - congrats and great pics!post #14453 of 509528/8/12 at 12:40pm
Some friends of mine recently shot me for their lifestyle-themed website. They do profiles on people they're friends with or that they think are interesting. Check them/all the shots out on their site, Industry of One.
Southwick for Micheal Kuhle Midnight Blue Super 120's Wool Suit
Ashland Blue Paisley Silk Pocket Square
Epaulet Burgundy Paisley Tie
Epaulet Cutaway Collar Oxford Popover
Carmina For Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calf Double Monk
Southwick for Michael Kuhle Caine Navy Hopsack Blazer
Epaulet Cutaway Collar Oxford Popover (you guys noticing a trend yet?)
Epaulet Walt Trouser Medium Grey Super 120's Wool
Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calf Double Monk
Ashland for Epaulet Blue/Grey/White Striped Oxford shirt
Epaulet Rivet Chino Desert Duck Canvaspost #14454 of 509528/8/12 at 12:44pmpost #14455 of 509528/8/12 at 12:56pmpost #14456 of 509528/8/12 at 1:23pmpost #14457 of 509528/8/12 at 1:40pmpost #14458 of 509528/8/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
I wear a 35" classic cut chino from JCrew (as reference), and ordered the 36" Oxford cloth chinos, and they were WAY too tight. I hear they were running small, but these were way too small. Do those with experience think that the 36" Rudy (cut bigger) will be a fit? I was blown away at how small the Oxfords were. I'm a fit 6' 200lbs, and for reference wear a 42 BB Fitzgerald cut suit pretty much off the rack. Would suck if I was sized out of these pants.
I'm pretty reliably a 34" in most brands - 33" in some. I'm 6'1'' 185lbs with a round Italian ass and upper legs made from 12 years of soccer and hockey and the best fit for me is to get the 36" Rudy's and then have the waist taken in about 1 1/2 inches. I've tried 34" Rudy's and 36" Walts on at the store and they're passable albeit a big snug, but the 36" Rudys are pretty perfect.post #14459 of 509528/8/12 at 2:09pmpost #14460 of 509528/8/12 at 2:36pmQuote:
Thank you, sir! It's actually an old Aria guitar. The dude that I was subletting my room from left it when he moved to Europe.Quote:
I believe that we'll be running it again and in some other fabrics as well. It's really become my favorite shirt.Quote:
Thanks man! I appreciate it. And congrats on your engagement! Baaaaallin'!
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 30 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 52 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...