Maybe I'm not understanding, but what's the difference going to be between the wool Rivets and the Walts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:50 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 946post #14176 of 537947/24/12 at 12:48pmpost #14177 of 537947/24/12 at 12:53pmpost #14178 of 537947/24/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
Chino is "technically" a type of cloth, but it's often used synonymously with trouser. That said, the cut of the rivet chino and the Walt are different, as you say. For example, Walts have a significantly higher rise.post #14179 of 537947/24/12 at 1:39pmpost #14180 of 537947/24/12 at 1:57pmQuote:
I know what you mean (I think), but there's a surprising--as in almost total--lack of quality wool pants in ANY other cut besides a trouser, which will always be a more "formal" look, even when dressed down. So, a pair of wool Rivet-cut pants would/will be an awesome option for cold weather wear, with boots, etc, that is also more casual in nature. However, the nature of the fabric will also make them "dress up" a little more than the cotton RCs, so pairing with a sportcoat will likely be a nice option that's a bit more low-key than a Walt/Rudy, but still a killer combo.
I too hope they are sub-$200, but I also hope they have 1/2 or 3/4 lining on the thighs, since raw wool pants on the interior are less than cozy.post #14181 of 537947/24/12 at 2:07pmpost #14182 of 537947/24/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
Thanks obie, a perfect excuse for a few more pairs of pants..."Look at these honey. No, they're not anything like the other ten pairs of trousers I have from Epaulet. Don't you see the difference? The cut is different, making them more casual in nature. It's so I can wear them with the boots I just bought, also from that shop in New York."post #14183 of 537947/24/12 at 2:56pmpost #14184 of 537947/24/12 at 3:12pmIf I got a trouser "fit", I'd still be wearing them below my gut like I do the rivets, so might as well go with rivets. I'm a big proponent of selection in the rivet cut. If given the chance, I'd love to see the rivet in, say, cadet blue/grey, a gabardine, and other wools for more "cold" weather wear. In fact, it'd be awesome if Epaulet opened up a monthly "special order" like he does the rudys for the rivet. The rivet just fits great in the size I wear with the boots that I wear and I'm just not a fan of the double clasp + zipper of the trousers in general.
Now if I could just find an MTM shop that has good stock of liberty of London for shirting and I'd be pretty happy.post #14185 of 537947/24/12 at 3:33pmpost #14186 of 537947/24/12 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by velomane
Thanks obie, a perfect excuse for a few more pairs of pants..."Look at these honey. No, they're not anything like the other ten pairs of trousers I have from Epaulet. Don't you see the difference? The cut is different, making them more casual in nature. It's so I can wear them with the boots I just bought, also from that shop in New York."
Pretty much had that conversation this AM when I put on my caramel rivets (7oz). To be fair, my wife owns a women's clothing boutique, so she appreciates that I like clothes. That doesn't mean she won't give me shit about my purchasing though...
"What pants are those?"
"They're from Epaulet. They're like my purple ones."
"Huh. They seem a lot like your other khaki pants " (meaning my RRL officer chinos)
"Well, they are, sorta. But they're lighter weight."
"You seem like you have a lot of nice pants now."
"I do. And it's awesome."Quote:
I ship to work. Just easier that way.post #14187 of 537947/24/12 at 4:11pmpost #14188 of 537947/24/12 at 5:08pmpost #14189 of 537947/24/12 at 5:35pmpost #14190 of 537947/24/12 at 6:36pmQuote:Yup, the cuts are way different.
Shell Carminas and Plum Rivets today. Wanted to get some in the sun action pictures for a while...the color is brilliant under the sun.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 878 Active Users (124 Members and 754 Guests)
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › LF Messenger bag color advice 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 28 minutes ago
- › Cesare Attolini Coat EU46 dark blue wool 33 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide