Maybe I'm not understanding, but what's the difference going to be between the wool Rivets and the Walts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 946post #14176 of 453757/24/12 at 12:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14177 of 453757/24/12 at 12:53pmpost #14178 of 453757/24/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
Chino is "technically" a type of cloth, but it's often used synonymously with trouser. That said, the cut of the rivet chino and the Walt are different, as you say. For example, Walts have a significantly higher rise.post #14179 of 453757/24/12 at 1:39pmpost #14180 of 453757/24/12 at 1:57pmQuote:
I know what you mean (I think), but there's a surprising--as in almost total--lack of quality wool pants in ANY other cut besides a trouser, which will always be a more "formal" look, even when dressed down. So, a pair of wool Rivet-cut pants would/will be an awesome option for cold weather wear, with boots, etc, that is also more casual in nature. However, the nature of the fabric will also make them "dress up" a little more than the cotton RCs, so pairing with a sportcoat will likely be a nice option that's a bit more low-key than a Walt/Rudy, but still a killer combo.
I too hope they are sub-$200, but I also hope they have 1/2 or 3/4 lining on the thighs, since raw wool pants on the interior are less than cozy.post #14181 of 453757/24/12 at 2:07pmpost #14182 of 453757/24/12 at 2:54pmQuote:
Thanks obie, a perfect excuse for a few more pairs of pants..."Look at these honey. No, they're not anything like the other ten pairs of trousers I have from Epaulet. Don't you see the difference? The cut is different, making them more casual in nature. It's so I can wear them with the boots I just bought, also from that shop in New York."post #14183 of 453757/24/12 at 2:56pmpost #14184 of 453757/24/12 at 3:12pmIf I got a trouser "fit", I'd still be wearing them below my gut like I do the rivets, so might as well go with rivets. I'm a big proponent of selection in the rivet cut. If given the chance, I'd love to see the rivet in, say, cadet blue/grey, a gabardine, and other wools for more "cold" weather wear. In fact, it'd be awesome if Epaulet opened up a monthly "special order" like he does the rudys for the rivet. The rivet just fits great in the size I wear with the boots that I wear and I'm just not a fan of the double clasp + zipper of the trousers in general.
Now if I could just find an MTM shop that has good stock of liberty of London for shirting and I'd be pretty happy.post #14185 of 453757/24/12 at 3:33pmpost #14186 of 453757/24/12 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by velomane
Thanks obie, a perfect excuse for a few more pairs of pants..."Look at these honey. No, they're not anything like the other ten pairs of trousers I have from Epaulet. Don't you see the difference? The cut is different, making them more casual in nature. It's so I can wear them with the boots I just bought, also from that shop in New York."
Pretty much had that conversation this AM when I put on my caramel rivets (7oz). To be fair, my wife owns a women's clothing boutique, so she appreciates that I like clothes. That doesn't mean she won't give me shit about my purchasing though...
"What pants are those?"
"They're from Epaulet. They're like my purple ones."
"Huh. They seem a lot like your other khaki pants " (meaning my RRL officer chinos)
"Well, they are, sorta. But they're lighter weight."
"You seem like you have a lot of nice pants now."
"I do. And it's awesome."Quote:
I ship to work. Just easier that way.post #14187 of 453757/24/12 at 4:11pmpost #14188 of 453757/24/12 at 5:08pmpost #14189 of 453757/24/12 at 5:35pmpost #14190 of 453757/24/12 at 6:36pmQuote:Yup, the cuts are way different.
Shell Carminas and Plum Rivets today. Wanted to get some in the sun action pictures for a while...the color is brilliant under the sun.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1605 Active Users (351 Members and 1254 Guests)
- › Ambrosi Napoli 20 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › No Brogue or Semi Brogue for Interview 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...