Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:48 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 938
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14057 of 510127/20/12 at 4:32pmpost #14058 of 510127/20/12 at 4:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
^ Over the years the Westpoint has gotten less skinny and has moved toward a slim-ish fit that's closer to the Rivet Chino. The Westpoint still has a slightly lower rise than the Rivet and narrower leg -- and a much shorter inseam (though not as short as FW10, which was I think 31" or something crazy like that). I haven't found it as comfortable to wear or as well constructed as the Rivets, so I've never kept a pair I've ordered, and haven't found it to be worth the extra cost. The fit of recent collections, especially W+H's SS12, is somewhat similar, though.
EDIT: Also re your shirting question, it sounds like we have similar preferences for shirting. I joke that I'm usually a Smedium. For this reason I tend to buy Ashland Smalls. Epaulet Mediums fit me really well, but Ashland Smalls look like they're almost bespoke on me (I have had someone ask me this question before). Your best bet is to go with the measurement charts online. They're accurate and very helpful.
Thank you - I couldn't have asked for a more helpful answer. I really appreciate it.post #14059 of 510127/20/12 at 6:03pmQuote:
You're pretty my exact size, except my chest is 40" right on the dot. Do you wear a Medium or Large in Epaulet shirts?post #14060 of 510127/20/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Agreed. Dude is just too big whatever size he is wearing. It's unflattering, even if he's fit.post #14061 of 510127/20/12 at 7:35pm
So will the Carminas with the york sole (leather and dainite) hold up to wet pavement well? I mean, I am not planning on taking these hiking in the mud and snow, but my job requires a fair amount of hitting the pavement through the wet winter. As such, I need to make sure my shoe soles can take the beating.post #14062 of 510127/20/12 at 8:15pmQuote:
Mike seems like an awesome guy, but I have to agree with this. Shorts are too short (and I wear my shorts pretty short too, but your legs are killers, dude) and the polo seems kind of tight.post #14063 of 510127/20/12 at 8:51pmpost #14064 of 510127/20/12 at 9:00pm
It's made by a company called Velva Sheen. Made in the USA. I picked it up from a store called Indigo & Cotton for a STEAL. Seriously recommended. Hella comfortable and extremely well-made.Quote:Originally Posted by stlms3
So will the Carminas with the york sole (leather and dainite) hold up to wet pavement well? I mean, I am not planning on taking these hiking in the mud and snow, but my job requires a fair amount of hitting the pavement through the wet winter. As such, I need to make sure my shoe soles can take the beating.
The York sole is one of the best rubber soles I've seen. It's made by Dainite and has a very similar feel to it (traction-wise), but you can't see it from the profile of the shoe (unlike the typical Dainite sole).
Check it out on our Thompson Plain Toe Blucher. The "Steinbeck" version of the Carmina wingtip boot is going to be bananas. We're really stoked for you guys to see it.post #14065 of 510127/20/12 at 9:07pmpost #14066 of 510127/20/12 at 9:12pmpost #14067 of 510127/20/12 at 9:13pmQuote:
I disagree, but to each their own. As Tim Gunn says...
"What’s the biggest mistake men make with respect to dressing?
Tim Gunn: They wear clothes that are too big. I see it all the time."post #14068 of 510127/20/12 at 9:30pmQuote:
But there's also a thing called too tight. Again, each to their own, as it all boils down to personal preference.post #14069 of 510127/20/12 at 9:39pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 55 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.