or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 920

post #13786 of 37566
Damn, I'd been eyeing the cutaway collar navy gingham shirt for a while now, and just went to order one... but alas, sold out of mediums.frown.gif Did I miss out for good, or is a restock coming soon?
post #13787 of 37566

several pages late.... but +1 for looking forward to Epaulet polos

post #13788 of 37566
Mr and Mrs fits today:
9af41ae4.jpg
a0b47267.jpg
20e1cab2.jpg

Seersucker BD and Handsewn Mocs on me, Audrey Shirtdress on the Mrs...better lighting would've helped but it was late afternoon...

We're gonna check out the tailor across the street from you guys on Orchard tomorrow. My wife has a pair of tux pants that need to be cigarette legged and I'm going to drop off most of my rivets to get the length dialed in...not happy with what's been done on them locally. I'm sure I'll swing by and say hello...
post #13789 of 37566
NYR, I've had several pairs of pants done at the tailor shop across the street from Epaulet and they do a fine job, but I'd add some caveats. They tend to cut length from the pants even on hems that could just as easily be turned up. You'll have to tell them if you want it otherwise. Also, they operate in a rush-rush way, like a server who tries to keep all the orders in his head rather writing them down. I suggest you repeat back to them what you're having done to each pant; it may save you some grief: I needed a pair of oxford rivets let out; they took them in. Cheers!
post #13790 of 37566
Distressed Mint Rivets paired with nothing in particular. Took several poor shots and am posting them all with the hope that the sum might be greater than it's parts.

380

574

421
post #13791 of 37566
^ I like this fabric. Its a shame I can't quite fit into the rivets. Anyhow:

751

Sage linen window pane SC, regiment twill trousers in moss (Rudy). If you wear a size 42 I really think you should consider buying this SC while you have the chance.
post #13792 of 37566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedarian View Post

NYR, I've had several pairs of pants done at the tailor shop across the street from Epaulet and they do a fine job, but I'd add some caveats. They tend to cut length from the pants even on hems that could just as easily be turned up. You'll have to tell them if you want it otherwise. Also, they operate in a rush-rush way, like a server who tries to keep all the orders in his head rather writing them down. I suggest you repeat back to them what you're having done to each pant; it may save you some grief: I needed a pair of oxford rivets let out; they took them in. Cheers!

Yikes, VERY good to know. Almost all of them are just having the hems fixed, they're slightly too long...just want to keep them with a simple 1.5 inch flip up and very slight break. Do you know the name of the place??
post #13793 of 37566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post

Sage linen window pane SC, regiment twill trousers in moss (Rudy). If you wear a size 42 I really think you should consider buying this SC while you have the chance.

This is a cool coat, I especially like the lining!
post #13794 of 37566
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Yikes, VERY good to know. Almost all of them are just having the hems fixed, they're slightly too long...just want to keep them with a simple 1.5 inch flip up and very slight break. Do you know the name of the place??
It's Orchard Tailor Services.
Edited by jslade - 7/12/12 at 4:17pm
post #13795 of 37566

Going on a date earlier today.. shog[1].gif

photo.JPG

 

Actually, the french blues, while around 2/10 on SF swag scale I guess, turned out to be a pretty bold color to wear for me. I have to admit I had to grab myself by the cojones a bit.

(also present: red/white/blue madras)

post #13796 of 37566
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post

^ I like this fabric. Its a shame I can't quite fit into the rivets. Anyhow:
751
Sage linen window pane SC, regiment twill trousers in moss (Rudy). If you wear a size 42 I really think you should consider buying this SC while you have the chance.

I have this jacket and love it.
post #13797 of 37566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
751
Sage linen window pane SC, regiment twill trousers in moss (Rudy). If you wear a size 42 I really think you should consider buying this SC while you have the chance.

That's a nice look. I like the tones of the jacket with the color of the Rudys, and it seems like you've even picked up the bluish windowpane with your choice of shirt. Understated and well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Going on a date earlier today.. shog%5B1%5D.gif
700x934px-LL-7d66529a_photo.jpeg

Actually, the french blues, while around 2/10 on SF swag scale I guess, turned out to be a pretty bold color to wear for me. I have to admit I had to grab myself by the cojones a bit.
(also present: red/white/blue madras)

With that bouquet you've got there, I very much doubt your trousers are the first thing your date will notice.smile.gif Looks like a good combination.
post #13798 of 37566
i can still special order pants right? it closes in about an hour and a half
post #13799 of 37566
^^ NYR don't know if it's too late but I'd highly recommend Stanton Street Tailors (around the corner from the Orchard St store). Pablo and his crew do exceptional, reasonably-priced work. You will have to come back though if it's more than just a hem or two.

Also I've heard Rene up Orchard is good.
post #13800 of 37566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

i can still special order pants right? it closes in about an hour and a half

anyone get any tweed shorts or anything else wacky (red velvet shorts ftw?)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread