Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:14 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 920
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13787 of 509037/9/12 at 12:34pmpost #13788 of 509037/9/12 at 1:44pmMr and Mrs fits today:
Seersucker BD and Handsewn Mocs on me, Audrey Shirtdress on the Mrs...better lighting would've helped but it was late afternoon...
We're gonna check out the tailor across the street from you guys on Orchard tomorrow. My wife has a pair of tux pants that need to be cigarette legged and I'm going to drop off most of my rivets to get the length dialed in...not happy with what's been done on them locally. I'm sure I'll swing by and say hello...post #13789 of 509037/9/12 at 2:57pmNYR, I've had several pairs of pants done at the tailor shop across the street from Epaulet and they do a fine job, but I'd add some caveats. They tend to cut length from the pants even on hems that could just as easily be turned up. You'll have to tell them if you want it otherwise. Also, they operate in a rush-rush way, like a server who tries to keep all the orders in his head rather writing them down. I suggest you repeat back to them what you're having done to each pant; it may save you some grief: I needed a pair of oxford rivets let out; they took them in. Cheers!post #13790 of 509037/9/12 at 3:05pmpost #13791 of 509037/9/12 at 3:13pmpost #13792 of 509037/9/12 at 3:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Abecedarian
NYR, I've had several pairs of pants done at the tailor shop across the street from Epaulet and they do a fine job, but I'd add some caveats. They tend to cut length from the pants even on hems that could just as easily be turned up. You'll have to tell them if you want it otherwise. Also, they operate in a rush-rush way, like a server who tries to keep all the orders in his head rather writing them down. I suggest you repeat back to them what you're having done to each pant; it may save you some grief: I needed a pair of oxford rivets let out; they took them in. Cheers!
Yikes, VERY good to know. Almost all of them are just having the hems fixed, they're slightly too long...just want to keep them with a simple 1.5 inch flip up and very slight break. Do you know the name of the place??post #13793 of 509037/9/12 at 3:15pmpost #13794 of 509037/9/12 at 3:17pmQuote:It's Orchard Tailor Services.
Edited by jslade - 7/12/12 at 4:17pmpost #13795 of 509037/9/12 at 3:38pmpost #13796 of 509037/9/12 at 5:12pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have this jacket and love it.post #13797 of 509037/9/12 at 6:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Simplicio
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's a nice look. I like the tones of the jacket with the color of the Rudys, and it seems like you've even picked up the bluish windowpane with your choice of shirt. Understated and well done.Quote:
With that bouquet you've got there, I very much doubt your trousers are the first thing your date will notice. Looks like a good combination.post #13798 of 509037/9/12 at 7:21pmpost #13799 of 509037/9/12 at 9:13pm^^ NYR don't know if it's too late but I'd highly recommend Stanton Street Tailors (around the corner from the Orchard St store). Pablo and his crew do exceptional, reasonably-priced work. You will have to come back though if it's more than just a hem or two.
Also I've heard Rene up Orchard is good.post #13800 of 509037/9/12 at 9:19pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1587 Active Users (408 Members and 1179 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...