or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 917

post #13741 of 37421
Stanley, I constantly think your apparence could profit from trousers that aren't as slim cut as the ones you are wearing.
Have you ever tried?
post #13742 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Stanley, I constantly think your apparence could profit from trousers that aren't as slim cut as the ones you are wearing.
Have you ever tried?

Really? I think he would be swimming...
post #13743 of 37421
I am of a similiar build like SVB and I have found pants to look best on myself when they are slim, yet not skinny.
Looking at the marks around his front pockets and the fabric punshing around his knees I get the impression this pair of jeans is on the skinny side for Stanley.
I got rid of a pair of APC NS in 26 in favour of a pair of Levis 501 in 28 and since have a lot less fabric punshing around the knees, the pants fall naturally around my legs which I think looks a lot better and less skinny.
Just my humble opinion but I think it would be worth a try.
post #13744 of 37421
We are probably just arguing semantics here, but I would personally consider the jeans in the last photo to be slim (not skinny) on him, since he has (no offence) very skinny legs and can pull off jeans that skinny without going skin tight. Then again, I do live in Australia where people probably wear skinnier jeans than most other places around the world...

Just for interest's sake, you should post your fit.

It's all a bit academic for me though since I am a solid 33 Rudy...
post #13745 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

 
Epaulet Red Club Collar Oxford

And there is the club collar. Looks good.
post #13746 of 37421
have you ever made a tuxedo shirt?
post #13747 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Stanley, I constantly think your apparence could profit from trousers that aren't as slim cut as the ones you are wearing.
Have you ever tried?
I highly disagree. I think some of his trousers are even too loose fitting for him. The jeans in the picture are a good fit. They are slim, which is fitting for him as he is a very skinny guy, however they are not skinny AKA spandex fitting.

Having him wear slim straight or straight fit trousers would ruin his silhouette. Look at the slimness of the shirt and his neck, and head, and imagine looser trousers...no good IMO.

I'm at the same height as Stan, except I'm a bit heavier at 155 lbs and I know I would be swimming in slim straight fitting trousers.
post #13748 of 37421
Ok, most probably I am wrong.

Maybe you can teache me a lesson?

I am shorter than SVB and slightly more bulky, still overall I think we both fall into the "skinny guy" category and are somewhat comparable.
So I bought this pair of APC NS and had a lot of fabric punshing around the knees, just like SVB in most of his fits.
For my understanding it did neither look good nor could I imagine it the way a pant is supposed to sit on anyone, skinny or not.
I thought about the reasons for the jeans to be punshing up unnaturally much and came to the conclusion it could only be caused by a cut which was too slim/skinny on the thights and/or knees and thus bought a pair of 501 which are only slightly wider in waist but quite a lot overall.
One may think the extra fabric would look funny on somebody as skinny as me but overall I think the silhouette has improved because the fabric falls more naturally.
Still, not to be misunderstood, I am after a slim and by no means sacky cut.
The Rivets that just arrived at my house seem to be the perfect balance between a trim cut and enough room for my body to wear the fabric and not the other way around.
Unluckily I do not own a camera and thus can't share pics but maybe this text helps you understand what I was trying to say earlier.
It was by no means meant to offend SVB, the sole reason I am here at SF is to learn and exchange experiences that others and I made and I thought maybe I could help SVB with an observation I made.
post #13749 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

We are probably just arguing semantics here, but I would personally consider the jeans in the last photo to be slim (not skinny) on him, since he has (no offence) very skinny legs and can pull off jeans that skinny without going skin tight. Then again, I do live in Australia where people probably wear skinnier jeans than most other places around the world...

Clearly you've not been to Williamsburg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Ok, most probably I am wrong.
Maybe you can teache me a lesson?
I am shorter than SVB and slightly more bulky, still overall I think we both fall into the "skinny guy" category and are somewhat comparable.
So I bought this pair of APC NS and had a lot of fabric punshing around the knees, just like SVB in most of his fits.
For my understanding it did neither look good nor could I imagine it the way a pant is supposed to sit on anyone, skinny or not.
I thought about the reasons for the jeans to be punshing up unnaturally much and came to the conclusion it could only be caused by a cut which was too slim/skinny on the thights and/or knees and thus bought a pair of 501 which are only slightly wider in waist but quite a lot overall.
One may think the extra fabric would look funny on somebody as skinny as me but overall I think the silhouette has improved because the fabric falls more naturally.
Still, not to be misunderstood, I am after a slim and by no means sacky cut.
The Rivets that just arrived at my house seem to be the perfect balance between a trim cut and enough room for my body to wear the fabric and not the other way around.
Unluckily I do not own a camera and thus can't share pics but maybe this text helps you understand what I was trying to say earlier.
It was by no means meant to offend SVB, the sole reason I am here at SF is to learn and exchange experiences that others and I made and I thought maybe I could help SVB with an observation I made.

I think its just a matter of taste. I don't consider APC NS to be skinny at all, nor do I consider rivets to be skinny. They are slimmer than many, but not skinny. Maybe its the fading that puts you off, but I think SVB worked very hard on getting those fades and is something I try to get as well (albeit not as successfully). 501s are a very different fit than NS, and I wouldn't consider them slim at all...just my 2cents on the matter.
post #13750 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Ok, most probably I am wrong.

Maybe you can teache me a lesson?

I am shorter than SVB and slightly more bulky, still overall I think we both fall into the "skinny guy" category and are somewhat comparable.
So I bought this pair of APC NS and had a lot of fabric punshing around the knees, just like SVB in most of his fits.
For my understanding it did neither look good nor could I imagine it the way a pant is supposed to sit on anyone, skinny or not.
I thought about the reasons for the jeans to be punshing up unnaturally much and came to the conclusion it could only be caused by a cut which was too slim/skinny on the thights and/or knees and thus bought a pair of 501 which are only slightly wider in waist but quite a lot overall.
One may think the extra fabric would look funny on somebody as skinny as me but overall I think the silhouette has improved because the fabric falls more naturally.
Still, not to be misunderstood, I am after a slim and by no means sacky cut.
The Rivets that just arrived at my house seem to be the perfect balance between a trim cut and enough room for my body to wear the fabric and not the other way around.
Unluckily I do not own a camera and thus can't share pics but maybe this text helps you understand what I was trying to say earlier.
It was by no means meant to offend SVB, the sole reason I am here at SF is to learn and exchange experiences that others and I made and I thought maybe I could help SVB with an observation I made.

Nope, the knee bulge is unavoidable if you're wearing that type of denim. It's due to the stiffness of it not the skinny cut. If you want to get rid of it throw it in the dryer after a wash to soften up the fabric, otherwise it'll just stop after a while of wear.
post #13751 of 37421
Seems like there are a few tall chaps on this thread. I'm 6'4", measure a 42 inch chest and need a 36 inch arm shirt length.

Would I fit an Epaulet XL shirt? I'm concerned the moobs may make an appearance.
post #13752 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecentennial View Post

Seems like there are a few tall chaps on this thread. I'm 6'4", measure a 42 inch chest and need a 36 inch arm shirt length.
Would I fit an Epaulet XL shirt? I'm concerned the moobs may make an appearance.

You should be good to go. I am 6'3", 45" chest and 36.5 in the arm. XL shirts fit be wonderfully.
post #13753 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecentennial View Post

Seems like there are a few tall chaps on this thread. I'm 6'4", measure a 42 inch chest and need a 36 inch arm shirt length.
Would I fit an Epaulet XL shirt? I'm concerned the moobs may make an appearance.
I'm almost the exact same dimensions, with slightly longer arms. Sleeves are just a touch short on me, so you should be good.
post #13754 of 37421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Ok, most probably I am wrong.
Maybe you can teache me a lesson?
I am shorter than SVB and slightly more bulky, still overall I think we both fall into the "skinny guy" category and are somewhat comparable.
So I bought this pair of APC NS and had a lot of fabric punshing around the knees, just like SVB in most of his fits.
For my understanding it did neither look good nor could I imagine it the way a pant is supposed to sit on anyone, skinny or not.
I thought about the reasons for the jeans to be punshing up unnaturally much and came to the conclusion it could only be caused by a cut which was too slim/skinny on the thights and/or knees and thus bought a pair of 501 which are only slightly wider in waist but quite a lot overall.
One may think the extra fabric would look funny on somebody as skinny as me but overall I think the silhouette has improved because the fabric falls more naturally.
Still, not to be misunderstood, I am after a slim and by no means sacky cut.
The Rivets that just arrived at my house seem to be the perfect balance between a trim cut and enough room for my body to wear the fabric and not the other way around.
Unluckily I do not own a camera and thus can't share pics but maybe this text helps you understand what I was trying to say earlier.
It was by no means meant to offend SVB, the sole reason I am here at SF is to learn and exchange experiences that others and I made and I thought maybe I could help SVB with an observation I made.

Fabric pushing around the knees is due to the stiffness and length of the denim.  NS is a slim cut.  PS would be skinny.  Rivets are slim, not skinny.  SVB's jeans actually fit him perfectly.  

post #13755 of 37421
Nice!
Edited by jslade - 7/12/12 at 4:18pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread