or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 915

post #13711 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

all Epaulet everything
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
669x800px-LL-ad04a7e5_IMG_0446.jpeg

Oh and Mike, let me know about LA! I responded to your post a few pages back but I think it got lost in the shuffle... been busy out there in NY? nod%5B1%5D.gif

 

Looking good! Dig that DTLA backdrop too.

Oh, and on LA we're planning for the middle of September, but I haven't nailed any dates down yet. We'll hold it on a Saturday, but it's pretty open. I'll run it by the members here to try and find a date that works for as many guys as possible. You'll definitely be a crucial asset for our "Wesside Karaoke Explosion" that will be held immediately following the trunk show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

Hey Mike, are the snuff suede Salingers a regular production run? I mean, will they be re-upped fairly frequently? The reason I ask is because, I really want to cop a pair, but the navy shell dubs are calling my name, and there's no way I can justify all the expenditures I'm plotting in my head right now.

We've got one restock of Snuff Salingers coming in about two weeks, but that will probably be it for the year.

Hmmm, Snuff vs Shell is a tough one! The choice might hinge on your climate. If you're in a warmer spot, then suede can be a true year-round material. Here in NYC and locals of similar temperature, you'll probably get more wear ouf of the shell in the Fall/Winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durazing View Post

Rivet Chino delivery just arrived. Moss Duck 10oz, French Blue 7oz and Merlot 7oz. Love all 3 colors. I must say the 7oz fabrics seem ideal for Australia. I would say wearable for 3-3/12 seasons. The fabric seems fairly light but durable. The Moss duck are as warned, stiff and industrial strength. I have all 3 weights of Rivet Chino in canvas now and I probably like the 7oz best of all.

Fantastic - thanks so much for ordering and I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDinh View Post

Want that CDG Play Mariner long sleeve. I'm an S in EP shirts usually but 17.25" chest seems a bit small. Someone who maybe owns this shirt, should I size up?

We tested that out on guys in the store - you should be safe with the Small in that. Sizing on knit tees vs wovens is always a little wonky, but I think that this will be fine on you. I comfortably wear a Large and Dylan wears a Medium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

I have the 7oz Rivet in merlot.
It appears to be well-made and wears cool.......but please reassure me that it'll be tough/durable, as the open weave quality of the fabric gives me pause about longevity

Longevity is always crucial for me. Of course lighter, finer fabrics are going to wear out faster than heavier ones, but the 7oz canvas strikes a fantastic balance of being a breathable light cloth but still being pretty rugged. Don't worry about it too much - they should provide plenty of wear and keep you cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post

Crossposting pics of the Carmina Thompson PTB's-- Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
690
390
I love this suede.


Awesome, those look great. Thanks for picking them up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post

If anyone has any experience with this kind of situation, I'd appreciate some advice.

Yesterday, I ordered a pair of Rivet trousers in size 30, and paid the $30 for expedited shipping because I want them for the 4th.  I'd like to ammend the order and also purchase a pair of 29s, because I'm not sure which will fit me better (I can return the undesirable pair).  I know the Epaulet stores aren't open on Monday, so if I call tomorrow bright and early, would they be able to add another pair of pants to my order?  Or do they ship from a warehouse somewhere, and are unable to modify orders?

Ah man, my apologies - I'm out of the country all week, but the guys are coming back to work on Thursday. We processed nearly all of the orders over the weekend, so you can certainly PM Matt at leftofthedial to see if we shipped out your 30's. We're typically closed on Mondays, and we closed on Tues and Wed too in order to give everyone a 4-day break.

If we end up shipping on Thurs morning and you want regular Priority Mail then we'll of course refund that Express charge that you paid. Just let Matt know what you prefer.
post #13712 of 31820
Thinking over the special order trouser fabrics and have three picked out (not however that wardrobe staple, red velvet...). I'm on the fence about the red/white/blue striped cotton. On the one hand, I'm never going to see a pair of trousers like this ever again. Unless, of course, I receive an invite to play with the Harlem Globetrotters. This is unlikely for several reasons. On the other hand, I will wear these, what, three times a year if I'm lucky and don't grow out of them? Oh, and I have other trousers with, shall we say, character already. So it's not as if I am desperate to enliven a closet full of beige.

Just thinking out loud really, though I'd be glad to know the opinions of this thread's gentlemen on the matter.

The goods:
300
post #13713 of 31820
Oh, and I've got a few fit photos for you guys.

A.D. Miles is the head writer for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and he's one of our customers and friends. He picked up a Navy 120s Epaulet suit last week and wore it on the show. As we're big fans of show, we were really excited to see it. Here's some screen caps:

195

199
post #13714 of 31820
Hey Mike,

I sent you a PM about the Carmina special order. I know you probably got lots of PMs. Just letting you know, dude!
post #13715 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

A.D. Miles is the head writer for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and he's one of our customers and friends. He picked up a Navy 120s Epaulet suit last week and wore it on the show. As we're big fans of show, we were really excited to see it. Here's some screen caps:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

195

199

 

 

This is awesome! The fit looks good on him. The lighting makes it look nearly black, though -- this is for sure the Navy, not the Midnight?

post #13716 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post



We've got one restock of Snuff Salingers coming in about two weeks, but that will probably be it for the year.
Hmmm, Snuff vs Shell is a tough one! The choice might hinge on your climate. If you're in a warmer spot, then suede can be a true year-round material. Here in NYC and locals of similar temperature, you'll probably get more wear ouf of the shell in the Fall/Winter.
 

 

Funny you should ask. I live in L.A. right now, but there's the distinct possibility that I could be moving to the tri state area for school next year. Maybe I'll compromise by getting a pair of suede loafers instead. Decisions, decisions.

post #13717 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Just thinking out loud really, though I'd be glad to know the opinions of this thread's gentlemen on the matter.
The goods:
300

These are awesome, and I considered getting them, but don't really wear summer slacks often. These would really rock out a navy blazer....shit man, you might even have just convinced me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

Funny you should ask. I live in L.A. right now, but there's the distinct possibility that I could be moving to the tri state area for school next year. Maybe I'll compromise by getting a pair of suede loafers instead. Decisions, decisions.

Dude, don't pss on the suede double monks...suede loafers come around more than suede DMs...I'd pounce.
post #13718 of 31820
To those asking apologies for no hopsack suit photos so far, it's just been too wet and dark where I live lately. I was hoping for a bit of sun to do it justice. I may just take one indoors.
post #13719 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

These are awesome, and I considered getting them, but don't really wear summer slacks often. These would really rock out a navy blazer....shit man, you might even have just convinced me...
Dude, don't pss on the suede double monks...suede loafers come around more than suede DMs...I'd pounce.

Blue blazer, of course. I have a white linen and silk jacket I'm envisioning with them as well. Of course I wear that all the time. You know, to get the mail and such...
post #13720 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

To those asking apologies for no hopsack suit photos so far, it's just been too wet and dark where I live lately. I was hoping for a bit of sun to do it justice. I may just take one indoors.

no worries. good light will definitely help cause we want to see that texture!


so many good special order fabrics left and so many gone (was gonna also grab the mid-grey donegal). thinking about that olive windowpane tweed though. teal flannel? grey herringbone windowpane? someone help me decide. i kind of want some madras shorts too...
post #13721 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by oisin View Post

no worries. good light will definitely help cause we want to see that texture!
so many good special order fabrics left and so many gone (was gonna also grab the mid-grey donegal). thinking about that olive windowpane tweed though. teal flannel? grey herringbone windowpane? someone help me decide. i kind of want some madras shorts too...

I've been looking at that teal flannel myself. Seems like it would be an unusual, but very wearable color.
post #13722 of 31820
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

This is awesome! The fit looks good on him. The lighting makes it look nearly black, though -- this is for sure the Navy, not the Midnight?

You're right, it does look dark. But it's definitely the Navy - they sent a messenger to pick it up the day of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

Funny you should ask. I live in L.A. right now, but there's the distinct possibility that I could be moving to the tri state area for school next year. Maybe I'll compromise by getting a pair of suede loafers instead. Decisions, decisions.

Haha, so you've got both coasts covered. Well, go with your gut. Suede DM's are going to look incredible right now. Navy Shell looks great in the beginning and gets radically better with age. Suede is cooler in warm weather, shell is longer-lasting. Either will be fantastic though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Thinking over the special order trouser fabrics and have three picked out (not however that wardrobe staple, red velvet...). I'm on the fence about the red/white/blue striped cotton. On the one hand, I'm never going to see a pair of trousers like this ever again. Unless, of course, I receive an invite to play with the Harlem Globetrotters. This is unlikely for several reasons. On the other hand, I will wear these, what, three times a year if I'm lucky and don't grow out of them? Oh, and I have other trousers with, shall we say, character already. So it's not as if I am desperate to enliven a closet full of beige.
Just thinking out loud really, though I'd be glad to know the opinions of this thread's gentlemen on the matter.
The goods: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
300


Hmm, well, I can tell you that my eyes popped out of my head when I saw that swatch. I've never seen anything like it in a fabric book, so I knew that we had to offer it up.

It's definitely going to be a bold pant. Very wearable with a navy blazer or a simple blue shirt. Suede shoes or sneakers. I could easily see it with leather sandals for dudes who like those. It's definitely summer-ish and a real statement pant. But wear it correct, and you will be absolutely knocked out with compliments, I'm pretty sure of that. It takes some chutzpah to pull them off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oisin View Post

no worries. good light will definitely help cause we want to see that texture!
so many good special order fabrics left and so many gone (was gonna also grab the mid-grey donegal). thinking about that olive windowpane tweed though. teal flannel? grey herringbone windowpane? someone help me decide. i kind of want some madras shorts too...

Here's my take on it:
Olive Windowpane Tweed: another one of the best cloths that we've ever run. Despite the appearance, it's not crazy thick, so this is a great material for a SoCal winter. Easy color to match with a range of navy's and brown's

Teal Flannel: around the same weight, also good for a mild winter. Awesome color that's really unique. Not as versatile as Olive Windowpane, but a lot of our customers really enjoy wearing bold-colored flannels in off-kilter tones.

Grey H-Bone Windopane: This is really thick. Not quite as much as Harris Tweed, but not far off. You'll need an actual cold day to wear them. But when that cold day comes, look the hell out! These are going to be dope. And the mostly grey coloring makes them very easy to match.
post #13723 of 31820
Oh, also, we're seriously enjoying this Mallorca trip. Our hotel here has an infinity pool...

500

I swam in it for about 3 minutes, looked through a German magazine on watches and shoes, and then passed out on a chaise lounge for two hours. It's been that kind of trip so far.

Going to the Carmina factory tomorrow! I'll come back with a freaking ton of photos, and hopefully a video too.
post #13724 of 31820
Finally picked up my size 29 Rivets from customs!
Before the first wash they fit almost perfectly.
Love the cut around the thight, knee and the foot width, they are only ever so slightly tight on the waist but I think this will be fine with a bit of wear as well.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #13725 of 31820
Sounds like an awesome vaca Mike, I'm sure you're enjoying yourself!

I had been debating which special order trousers I was going to buy for the past 5 days, secretly hoping more would sell out so my decision would be easier. That didn't happen so I just bought 4 pairs - blue herringbone linen, wheat linen, olive windowpane tweed, and grey herringbone windowpane. I feel like I covered all my light/heavy bases in a nice assortment of colors smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread