Good look! Those jeans fit very nicely on you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 906post #13576 of 508616/26/12 at 7:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13577 of 508616/26/12 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Trying the blazerjeans thing again
this is the Caine Navy Hopsack and the Purple/Brown gingham cutaway collar shirt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not liking the shirt for some reason, doesn't seem to match.
Also about 300 posts behind on this thread but don't really have time to catch up. Any update on the MTO blazers / blackwatch?post #13578 of 508616/26/12 at 8:33pmpost #13579 of 508616/26/12 at 8:57pmpost #13580 of 508616/26/12 at 9:06pmpost #13581 of 508616/27/12 at 4:45amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by neutrino
Keith, all the best to you then! Really one of the first things I saw when I first ran into this forum was your shots in the WAYWRN thread, which then brought me here. True, this has then led to some serious dough-shelling (don't know the right term for it), but thanks a lot for that, and keep rockin'Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
A breakfast version of a Luther Vandross?Quote:Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
A years worth of calories! Happy Natal Day
Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys (y muchas gracias, Roberto)! I had a blast yesterday. In our house, the rule is there are (essentially) no rules on your birthday. I wanted to do something decidedly over-the-top to start the day, and I remembered reading about the Luther Burger a couple years ago. Decided to go with "a breakfast version," as cyc wid it put it. I had plans for lunch as well, but the breakfast sandwich was so filling I had to skip lunch altogether. I watched Apocalypse Now Redux instead. Sushi for dinner, banana cream pie for dessert, and I ran ZERO miles yesterday. (Think I'll have to run a few extra today, but thanks for the supplementary miles, Wis.)
Sorry for the derailment, but the sandwich was just too crazy not to share with my Epaulet muchachos.
So, about those Epaulet club-collar western shirts...post #13582 of 508616/27/12 at 7:25ampost #13583 of 508616/27/12 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like each half on its own, but I'm not loving the combination. I think the jacket is too formal/finished for the casual denim. The fit of everything looks good.Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Although more contrast would improve the composition, I do like this photo a lot.post #13584 of 508616/27/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
I really like this. The fit of everything is spot on, and the shirt/blazer work great together. My two cents of critique would be 1) Jeans might work better in a darker and/or less faded wash. Once denim gets some good fades established, it's hard to work it back to a dark sport coat like that, though i might work for a soft shoulder SC (maybe something like the EG coats, etc). 2) shoes seem a bit off--maybe it's the color (in relation to the rest of the fit), or maybe it's just that they are touch on the "clunky" side for the fit. As is often the case, the whole fit can turn on the shoes...
Hope that's helpful. I love that coat and have been thinking about it vs. the Super 120s in navy (so I could build a navy suit with the Walt bottoms). I don't wear a suit much, but would love the option...but a versatile SC might just be a better choice.post #13585 of 508616/27/12 at 1:12pmpost #13586 of 508616/27/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
This hasn't happened yet, right? (Or did I miss it because of the glazed-sandwich coma?)post #13587 of 508616/27/12 at 1:43pmpost #13588 of 508616/27/12 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Thanks, and I agree with all of what you said except for darker jeans, which I think would start to look to close to the blazer itself. There needs to be enough contrast between the blazer and the jeans for it to work.
Shoes are definitely in line to get replaced with something better.
overall i like it. i think what makes the coat a bit more formal looking (and therefore look slightly disjointed) is the tv fold white pocket square. i think if you went with some color and/or just a more casual fold it would fit the jeans/no tie look better. just a thought. also not sure about the cuffs. sort of shorten your legs and throw off the proportions with the jacket to me. and a little more shirt cuff peeking out would be cool too. but i think its the pocket square that isn't quite working for me.post #13589 of 508616/27/12 at 3:17pmpost #13590 of 508616/27/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
If you have the cash, can I suggest that you think about getting the Caine SC & custom ordering matching hopsack pants from EP ($295). I did this recently and just got them back from the tailor. I couldn't be happier with the result. It's a far more versatile option than the navy super 120s suit - especially if you don't wear suits every day.
You've then got yourself a very nice SC, and a beautiful navy suit too when you want it (and the texture, again, makes it a bit more interesting your average navy suit). I've also bought some EP Oxfords as a second pair of trousers to wear with the jacket - and, blowing my own horn a bit, but I think they look great with it. Get yourself some khakis and you've got California Tuxedo sorted as well.
One thing I will also say about the hopsack is that it is very very light and breathable compared to your average Super 120, meaning that you will comfortably be able to wear the suit in summer.
I really think anyone who gets the Caine SC should definitely shell out the extra for the pants as well...
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1428 Active Users (336 Members and 1092 Guests)
- › Things you just don't get 45 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...