Good look! Those jeans fit very nicely on you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 906post #13576 of 364406/26/12 at 7:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13577 of 364406/26/12 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Trying the blazerjeans thing again
this is the Caine Navy Hopsack and the Purple/Brown gingham cutaway collar shirt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not liking the shirt for some reason, doesn't seem to match.
Also about 300 posts behind on this thread but don't really have time to catch up. Any update on the MTO blazers / blackwatch?post #13578 of 364406/26/12 at 8:33pmpost #13579 of 364406/26/12 at 8:57pmpost #13580 of 364406/26/12 at 9:06pmpost #13581 of 364406/27/12 at 4:45amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by neutrino
Keith, all the best to you then! Really one of the first things I saw when I first ran into this forum was your shots in the WAYWRN thread, which then brought me here. True, this has then led to some serious dough-shelling (don't know the right term for it), but thanks a lot for that, and keep rockin'Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
A breakfast version of a Luther Vandross?Quote:Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
A years worth of calories! Happy Natal Day
Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys (y muchas gracias, Roberto)! I had a blast yesterday. In our house, the rule is there are (essentially) no rules on your birthday. I wanted to do something decidedly over-the-top to start the day, and I remembered reading about the Luther Burger a couple years ago. Decided to go with "a breakfast version," as cyc wid it put it. I had plans for lunch as well, but the breakfast sandwich was so filling I had to skip lunch altogether. I watched Apocalypse Now Redux instead. Sushi for dinner, banana cream pie for dessert, and I ran ZERO miles yesterday. (Think I'll have to run a few extra today, but thanks for the supplementary miles, Wis.)
Sorry for the derailment, but the sandwich was just too crazy not to share with my Epaulet muchachos.
So, about those Epaulet club-collar western shirts...post #13582 of 364406/27/12 at 7:25ampost #13583 of 364406/27/12 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like each half on its own, but I'm not loving the combination. I think the jacket is too formal/finished for the casual denim. The fit of everything looks good.Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Although more contrast would improve the composition, I do like this photo a lot.post #13584 of 364406/27/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
I really like this. The fit of everything is spot on, and the shirt/blazer work great together. My two cents of critique would be 1) Jeans might work better in a darker and/or less faded wash. Once denim gets some good fades established, it's hard to work it back to a dark sport coat like that, though i might work for a soft shoulder SC (maybe something like the EG coats, etc). 2) shoes seem a bit off--maybe it's the color (in relation to the rest of the fit), or maybe it's just that they are touch on the "clunky" side for the fit. As is often the case, the whole fit can turn on the shoes...
Hope that's helpful. I love that coat and have been thinking about it vs. the Super 120s in navy (so I could build a navy suit with the Walt bottoms). I don't wear a suit much, but would love the option...but a versatile SC might just be a better choice.post #13585 of 364406/27/12 at 1:12pmpost #13586 of 364406/27/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
This hasn't happened yet, right? (Or did I miss it because of the glazed-sandwich coma?)post #13587 of 364406/27/12 at 1:43pmpost #13588 of 364406/27/12 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Thanks, and I agree with all of what you said except for darker jeans, which I think would start to look to close to the blazer itself. There needs to be enough contrast between the blazer and the jeans for it to work.
Shoes are definitely in line to get replaced with something better.
overall i like it. i think what makes the coat a bit more formal looking (and therefore look slightly disjointed) is the tv fold white pocket square. i think if you went with some color and/or just a more casual fold it would fit the jeans/no tie look better. just a thought. also not sure about the cuffs. sort of shorten your legs and throw off the proportions with the jacket to me. and a little more shirt cuff peeking out would be cool too. but i think its the pocket square that isn't quite working for me.post #13589 of 364406/27/12 at 3:17pmpost #13590 of 364406/27/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
If you have the cash, can I suggest that you think about getting the Caine SC & custom ordering matching hopsack pants from EP ($295). I did this recently and just got them back from the tailor. I couldn't be happier with the result. It's a far more versatile option than the navy super 120s suit - especially if you don't wear suits every day.
You've then got yourself a very nice SC, and a beautiful navy suit too when you want it (and the texture, again, makes it a bit more interesting your average navy suit). I've also bought some EP Oxfords as a second pair of trousers to wear with the jacket - and, blowing my own horn a bit, but I think they look great with it. Get yourself some khakis and you've got California Tuxedo sorted as well.
One thing I will also say about the hopsack is that it is very very light and breathable compared to your average Super 120, meaning that you will comfortably be able to wear the suit in summer.
I really think anyone who gets the Caine SC should definitely shell out the extra for the pants as well...
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1894 Active Users (475 Members and 1419 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Nick's Boots 25 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Arizona Coyotes vs Anaheim Ducks Live 100% FREE Online NHL on PC 6 minutes ago
- › Chicago Blackhawks vs Vancouver Canucks Live 100% FREE Online NHL... 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)