Good look! Those jeans fit very nicely on you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 906post #13576 of 334526/26/12 at 7:46pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #13577 of 334526/26/12 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Trying the blazerjeans thing again
this is the Caine Navy Hopsack and the Purple/Brown gingham cutaway collar shirt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not liking the shirt for some reason, doesn't seem to match.
Also about 300 posts behind on this thread but don't really have time to catch up. Any update on the MTO blazers / blackwatch?post #13578 of 334526/26/12 at 8:33pmpost #13579 of 334526/26/12 at 8:57pmpost #13580 of 334526/26/12 at 9:06pmpost #13581 of 334526/27/12 at 4:45amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by neutrino
Keith, all the best to you then! Really one of the first things I saw when I first ran into this forum was your shots in the WAYWRN thread, which then brought me here. True, this has then led to some serious dough-shelling (don't know the right term for it), but thanks a lot for that, and keep rockin'Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
A breakfast version of a Luther Vandross?Quote:Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
A years worth of calories! Happy Natal Day
Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys (y muchas gracias, Roberto)! I had a blast yesterday. In our house, the rule is there are (essentially) no rules on your birthday. I wanted to do something decidedly over-the-top to start the day, and I remembered reading about the Luther Burger a couple years ago. Decided to go with "a breakfast version," as cyc wid it put it. I had plans for lunch as well, but the breakfast sandwich was so filling I had to skip lunch altogether. I watched Apocalypse Now Redux instead. Sushi for dinner, banana cream pie for dessert, and I ran ZERO miles yesterday. (Think I'll have to run a few extra today, but thanks for the supplementary miles, Wis.)
Sorry for the derailment, but the sandwich was just too crazy not to share with my Epaulet muchachos.
So, about those Epaulet club-collar western shirts...post #13582 of 334526/27/12 at 7:25ampost #13583 of 334526/27/12 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like each half on its own, but I'm not loving the combination. I think the jacket is too formal/finished for the casual denim. The fit of everything looks good.Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Although more contrast would improve the composition, I do like this photo a lot.post #13584 of 334526/27/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
I really like this. The fit of everything is spot on, and the shirt/blazer work great together. My two cents of critique would be 1) Jeans might work better in a darker and/or less faded wash. Once denim gets some good fades established, it's hard to work it back to a dark sport coat like that, though i might work for a soft shoulder SC (maybe something like the EG coats, etc). 2) shoes seem a bit off--maybe it's the color (in relation to the rest of the fit), or maybe it's just that they are touch on the "clunky" side for the fit. As is often the case, the whole fit can turn on the shoes...
Hope that's helpful. I love that coat and have been thinking about it vs. the Super 120s in navy (so I could build a navy suit with the Walt bottoms). I don't wear a suit much, but would love the option...but a versatile SC might just be a better choice.post #13585 of 334526/27/12 at 1:12pmpost #13586 of 334526/27/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
This hasn't happened yet, right? (Or did I miss it because of the glazed-sandwich coma?)post #13587 of 334526/27/12 at 1:43pmpost #13588 of 334526/27/12 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Thanks, and I agree with all of what you said except for darker jeans, which I think would start to look to close to the blazer itself. There needs to be enough contrast between the blazer and the jeans for it to work.
Shoes are definitely in line to get replaced with something better.
overall i like it. i think what makes the coat a bit more formal looking (and therefore look slightly disjointed) is the tv fold white pocket square. i think if you went with some color and/or just a more casual fold it would fit the jeans/no tie look better. just a thought. also not sure about the cuffs. sort of shorten your legs and throw off the proportions with the jacket to me. and a little more shirt cuff peeking out would be cool too. but i think its the pocket square that isn't quite working for me.post #13589 of 334526/27/12 at 3:17pmpost #13590 of 334526/27/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
If you have the cash, can I suggest that you think about getting the Caine SC & custom ordering matching hopsack pants from EP ($295). I did this recently and just got them back from the tailor. I couldn't be happier with the result. It's a far more versatile option than the navy super 120s suit - especially if you don't wear suits every day.
You've then got yourself a very nice SC, and a beautiful navy suit too when you want it (and the texture, again, makes it a bit more interesting your average navy suit). I've also bought some EP Oxfords as a second pair of trousers to wear with the jacket - and, blowing my own horn a bit, but I think they look great with it. Get yourself some khakis and you've got California Tuxedo sorted as well.
One thing I will also say about the hopsack is that it is very very light and breathable compared to your average Super 120, meaning that you will comfortably be able to wear the suit in summer.
I really think anyone who gets the Caine SC should definitely shell out the extra for the pants as well...
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1689 Active Users (409 Members and 1280 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 seconds ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Sole Welting 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › What would you wear today? 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)