Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:24 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 881
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13202 of 414066/13/12 at 2:30pmpost #13203 of 414066/13/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
Here's what you can do, get the rudy, then bring it to a tailor to taper the legs and take in the seat.
I've done the same to my blue wool rudy because the walts sold out. Turned out really well. In fact, I normally have to alter my walts anyway, to either taper the legs or to let out the waist depending on if I sized down or sized normally.
However, doing that MIGHT defeat the purpose of getting rudys on sale, so, add like $20 to the price, if it still make sense, then get them.post #13204 of 414066/13/12 at 2:44pmpost #13205 of 414066/13/12 at 2:59pmpost #13206 of 414066/13/12 at 3:00pmpost #13207 of 414066/13/12 at 3:05pm
Man these are about as anti-baller as it gets. 6 year old JCrew bucks bought in the sale bin at the Menlo Park Mall for like $40. They're great to beat the hell out of, and frankly these tend to look better beat up...$40, or $400.post #13208 of 414066/13/12 at 3:12pmpost #13209 of 414066/13/12 at 3:17pmpost #13210 of 414066/13/12 at 3:21pmpost #13211 of 414066/13/12 at 3:24pmQuote:
I've worn dark blue and wine shirts with those, but they're really pretty versatile. They're a great color.post #13212 of 414066/13/12 at 3:32pmIs there any difference, even a slight sizing difference in the Liberty shirts vs. Epaulet in house stuff? I am eyeing the Large Mitsi Liberty Shirt in Large. I find I am between a L and XL in Epaulet so even a slight bigger fit would be enough to convince me to pull the trigger before it sells out. Also, any shrinkage info folks can give would be appreciated as well. I know I am grasping here, just trying to justify pulling the trigger. Love the shirt design.
Thanks!post #13213 of 414066/13/12 at 4:42pmpost #13214 of 414066/13/12 at 6:07pmpost #13215 of 414066/13/12 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Oh and FWIW, whenever Mike has talked about it in the past, he's stated that any location in LA would likely be somewhere in Hollywood (I forget where exactly, if he was specific), citing a need for heavy foot traffic to support the location. This makes sense since the online business is probably served just fine from NY leaving in-store purchases (generated by foot traffic from other shops nearby) as the only reason to open a store in LA.
My point is that I think AK now fits this profile as well but there may not be hard data to back this up yet, even now.
Then there's also the biggest reason I can think of to NOT want a store in LA -- because then we'd have to start paying sales tax.
Clearly, the next Epaulet expansion should happen in San Francisco. Great foot traffic, similar weather to NY so both stores stock the same inventory, and I could volunteer to manage. /discussion
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 28 seconds ago
- › DIY Conditioner Recipe for Alligator Leather? 48 seconds ago
- › Wedding Attire for Guest where "church clothes" will be the norm... 1 minute ago
- › Show me your shirt and tie! 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...