Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on 7/3/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 881
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13202 of 444926/13/12 at 2:30pmpost #13203 of 444926/13/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
Here's what you can do, get the rudy, then bring it to a tailor to taper the legs and take in the seat.
I've done the same to my blue wool rudy because the walts sold out. Turned out really well. In fact, I normally have to alter my walts anyway, to either taper the legs or to let out the waist depending on if I sized down or sized normally.
However, doing that MIGHT defeat the purpose of getting rudys on sale, so, add like $20 to the price, if it still make sense, then get them.post #13204 of 444926/13/12 at 2:44pmpost #13205 of 444926/13/12 at 2:59pmpost #13206 of 444926/13/12 at 3:00pmpost #13207 of 444926/13/12 at 3:05pm
Man these are about as anti-baller as it gets. 6 year old JCrew bucks bought in the sale bin at the Menlo Park Mall for like $40. They're great to beat the hell out of, and frankly these tend to look better beat up...$40, or $400.post #13208 of 444926/13/12 at 3:12pmpost #13209 of 444926/13/12 at 3:17pmpost #13210 of 444926/13/12 at 3:21pmpost #13211 of 444926/13/12 at 3:24pmQuote:
I've worn dark blue and wine shirts with those, but they're really pretty versatile. They're a great color.post #13212 of 444926/13/12 at 3:32pmIs there any difference, even a slight sizing difference in the Liberty shirts vs. Epaulet in house stuff? I am eyeing the Large Mitsi Liberty Shirt in Large. I find I am between a L and XL in Epaulet so even a slight bigger fit would be enough to convince me to pull the trigger before it sells out. Also, any shrinkage info folks can give would be appreciated as well. I know I am grasping here, just trying to justify pulling the trigger. Love the shirt design.
Thanks!post #13213 of 444926/13/12 at 4:42pmpost #13214 of 444926/13/12 at 6:07pmpost #13215 of 444926/13/12 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Oh and FWIW, whenever Mike has talked about it in the past, he's stated that any location in LA would likely be somewhere in Hollywood (I forget where exactly, if he was specific), citing a need for heavy foot traffic to support the location. This makes sense since the online business is probably served just fine from NY leaving in-store purchases (generated by foot traffic from other shops nearby) as the only reason to open a store in LA.
My point is that I think AK now fits this profile as well but there may not be hard data to back this up yet, even now.
Then there's also the biggest reason I can think of to NOT want a store in LA -- because then we'd have to start paying sales tax.
Clearly, the next Epaulet expansion should happen in San Francisco. Great foot traffic, similar weather to NY so both stores stock the same inventory, and I could volunteer to manage. /discussion
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › NWT 40 Boglioli Grey Windowpane Sportcoat 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...