Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 11/2/15 at 3:01am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 845
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12662 of 486725/24/12 at 8:16pmpost #12663 of 486725/24/12 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Therendition
Got my first ever piece from Epaulet today (greycast indigo chambray utility shirt) from Nathanl. I could be wrong but I think it fits perfectly. This thing is so well made. I so much appreciate the fact that you use really chunky buttons! And I think the length is perfect for wearing untucked.
Details: 7" bowery shorts from J.Crew, Mougin & Piquard grande seconde watch, Alden pebbled mahogany calfskin shortwings with a micro sole.
looking good. Where did you get the Alden pebbled calfskin short wings with micro sole? is it a brick sole or other color? can you post more pics of them, maybe on alden thread?post #12664 of 486725/24/12 at 8:38pmpost #12665 of 486725/24/12 at 9:08pmQuote:
Many thanks! I got them from J.Crew (they are since sold out). Yes, it's a brick micro sole. I'll post some more pictures in the Alden thread soon.post #12666 of 486725/24/12 at 9:09pmpost #12667 of 486725/24/12 at 9:41pmpost #12668 of 486725/24/12 at 9:48pm^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...
Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.post #12669 of 486725/24/12 at 10:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...
Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.
I was about to make the same comment.
Thanks to all who post fits. Perhaps I will get going with some of my own someday.post #12670 of 486725/25/12 at 12:49am
What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.post #12671 of 486725/25/12 at 3:14ampost #12672 of 486725/25/12 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by neutrino
What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.
I do venetian cream on chromexcel. It gives them a sheen for a little bit, but they return to matte after a wear or two.post #12673 of 486725/25/12 at 7:10am
^ Venetian cream will definitely impart a shine, in my experience (its main use is to bring a high shine to shell cordovan). Your boots might wind up looking like this:
Which is my thing (these are 403s from Epaulet, by the way), but evidently not yours, neutrino.
Mike sold me some Alden neutral boot cream when he sold me these 403s -- don't know if he still carries it, but it feeds and moisturizes CXL well. The shine it imparts is minimal unless you buff a lot. I'd recommend alternating between that product, and then either Pecard's or Montana Pitch-Blend, either of which will both protect and nourish your CXL.
Is this Natural CXL? Keep in mind that most products will darken and even out the color of Natural CXL, especially Pecards or Pitch-Blend.post #12674 of 486725/25/12 at 8:54ampost #12675 of 486725/25/12 at 9:41amI like the rise and general cut of the Walts, but something seems to be amiss in the seat/back rise. I get a collection of folds of excess material in the upper thigh when standing, which ruins the drape at the back. I tried a pair of 32s, could dropping to a 30 help alleviate this issue at all?
If not, how easily can a tailor address this issue? It seems like there's some complex balance/drape issues at play in this particular area.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Only Still Living Men's Fashion Icon? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers