Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 845
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #12662 of 311305/24/12 at 8:16pmpost #12663 of 311305/24/12 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Therendition
Got my first ever piece from Epaulet today (greycast indigo chambray utility shirt) from Nathanl. I could be wrong but I think it fits perfectly. This thing is so well made. I so much appreciate the fact that you use really chunky buttons! And I think the length is perfect for wearing untucked.
Details: 7" bowery shorts from J.Crew, Mougin & Piquard grande seconde watch, Alden pebbled mahogany calfskin shortwings with a micro sole.
looking good. Where did you get the Alden pebbled calfskin short wings with micro sole? is it a brick sole or other color? can you post more pics of them, maybe on alden thread?post #12664 of 311305/24/12 at 8:38pmpost #12665 of 311305/24/12 at 9:08pmQuote:
Many thanks! I got them from J.Crew (they are since sold out). Yes, it's a brick micro sole. I'll post some more pictures in the Alden thread soon.post #12666 of 311305/24/12 at 9:09pmpost #12667 of 311305/24/12 at 9:41pmpost #12668 of 311305/24/12 at 9:48pm^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...
Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.post #12669 of 311305/24/12 at 10:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...
Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.
I was about to make the same comment.
Thanks to all who post fits. Perhaps I will get going with some of my own someday.post #12670 of 311305/25/12 at 12:49am
What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.post #12671 of 311305/25/12 at 3:14ampost #12672 of 311305/25/12 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by neutrino
What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.
I do venetian cream on chromexcel. It gives them a sheen for a little bit, but they return to matte after a wear or two.post #12673 of 311305/25/12 at 7:10am
^ Venetian cream will definitely impart a shine, in my experience (its main use is to bring a high shine to shell cordovan). Your boots might wind up looking like this:
Which is my thing (these are 403s from Epaulet, by the way), but evidently not yours, neutrino.
Mike sold me some Alden neutral boot cream when he sold me these 403s -- don't know if he still carries it, but it feeds and moisturizes CXL well. The shine it imparts is minimal unless you buff a lot. I'd recommend alternating between that product, and then either Pecard's or Montana Pitch-Blend, either of which will both protect and nourish your CXL.
Is this Natural CXL? Keep in mind that most products will darken and even out the color of Natural CXL, especially Pecards or Pitch-Blend.post #12674 of 311305/25/12 at 8:54ampost #12675 of 311305/25/12 at 9:41amI like the rise and general cut of the Walts, but something seems to be amiss in the seat/back rise. I get a collection of folds of excess material in the upper thigh when standing, which ruins the drape at the back. I tried a pair of 32s, could dropping to a 30 help alleviate this issue at all?
If not, how easily can a tailor address this issue? It seems like there's some complex balance/drape issues at play in this particular area.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › New in box MR HARE Genet II black tassel loafers - UK9.5 / EUR43.5... 3 minutes ago
- › New BURBERRY LONDON deep purple blazer - IT46 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Various new JCREW Ludlow suits / tuxedos - 36S / 36R / 30-32 / 31-32 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US 10 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you RIDE today? 10 minutes ago
- › Trouser Leg Opening Size: What Range is Acceptable, How You Should... 12 minutes ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)