Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:01 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 845
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12662 of 434995/24/12 at 8:16pmpost #12663 of 434995/24/12 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Therendition
Got my first ever piece from Epaulet today (greycast indigo chambray utility shirt) from Nathanl. I could be wrong but I think it fits perfectly. This thing is so well made. I so much appreciate the fact that you use really chunky buttons! And I think the length is perfect for wearing untucked.
Details: 7" bowery shorts from J.Crew, Mougin & Piquard grande seconde watch, Alden pebbled mahogany calfskin shortwings with a micro sole.
looking good. Where did you get the Alden pebbled calfskin short wings with micro sole? is it a brick sole or other color? can you post more pics of them, maybe on alden thread?post #12664 of 434995/24/12 at 8:38pmpost #12665 of 434995/24/12 at 9:08pmQuote:
Many thanks! I got them from J.Crew (they are since sold out). Yes, it's a brick micro sole. I'll post some more pictures in the Alden thread soon.post #12666 of 434995/24/12 at 9:09pmpost #12667 of 434995/24/12 at 9:41pmpost #12668 of 434995/24/12 at 9:48pm^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...
Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.post #12669 of 434995/24/12 at 10:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...
Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.
I was about to make the same comment.
Thanks to all who post fits. Perhaps I will get going with some of my own someday.post #12670 of 434995/25/12 at 12:49am
What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.post #12671 of 434995/25/12 at 3:14ampost #12672 of 434995/25/12 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by neutrino
What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.
I do venetian cream on chromexcel. It gives them a sheen for a little bit, but they return to matte after a wear or two.post #12673 of 434995/25/12 at 7:10am
^ Venetian cream will definitely impart a shine, in my experience (its main use is to bring a high shine to shell cordovan). Your boots might wind up looking like this:
Which is my thing (these are 403s from Epaulet, by the way), but evidently not yours, neutrino.
Mike sold me some Alden neutral boot cream when he sold me these 403s -- don't know if he still carries it, but it feeds and moisturizes CXL well. The shine it imparts is minimal unless you buff a lot. I'd recommend alternating between that product, and then either Pecard's or Montana Pitch-Blend, either of which will both protect and nourish your CXL.
Is this Natural CXL? Keep in mind that most products will darken and even out the color of Natural CXL, especially Pecards or Pitch-Blend.post #12674 of 434995/25/12 at 8:54ampost #12675 of 434995/25/12 at 9:41amI like the rise and general cut of the Walts, but something seems to be amiss in the seat/back rise. I get a collection of folds of excess material in the upper thigh when standing, which ruins the drape at the back. I tried a pair of 32s, could dropping to a 30 help alleviate this issue at all?
If not, how easily can a tailor address this issue? It seems like there's some complex balance/drape issues at play in this particular area.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 second ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan