or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 845

post #12661 of 34797
Mike— Just got my nailhead marcello. Thing is a beauty. However, it certainly is running a bit tight. What are the seam allowances on the marcellos? Trying to figure out if I'm going to swap it with something else...
post #12662 of 34797

Does anyone have a picture of the Brick Twill Trousers in action?

post #12663 of 34797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendition View Post

Got my first ever piece from Epaulet today (greycast indigo chambray utility shirt) from Nathanl.  I could be wrong but I think it fits perfectly.  This thing is so well made.  I so much appreciate the fact that you use really chunky buttons!  And I think the length is perfect for wearing untucked.

 

IMG_0491.JPG

 

Details:  7" bowery shorts from J.Crew, Mougin & Piquard grande seconde watch, Alden pebbled mahogany calfskin shortwings with a micro sole.

looking good.  Where did you get the Alden pebbled calfskin short wings with micro sole?  is it a brick sole or other color?  can you post more pics of them, maybe on alden thread?

post #12664 of 34797
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah786 View Post

looking good.  Where did you get the Alden pebbled calfskin short wings with micro sole?  is it a brick sole or other color?  can you post more pics of them, maybe on alden thread?

If I am not mistaken, I think those were a very limited run by Jcrew.
post #12665 of 34797
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah786 View Post

looking good.  Where did you get the Alden pebbled calfskin short wings with micro sole?  is it a brick sole or other color?  can you post more pics of them, maybe on alden thread?

 

Many thanks!  I got them from J.Crew (they are since sold out).  Yes, it's a brick micro sole.  I'll post some more pictures in the Alden thread soon.

post #12666 of 34797
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post


If I am not mistaken, I think those were a very limited run by Jcrew.

 

Correct.  Something like 50 pairs.

post #12667 of 34797
post #12668 of 34797
^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
smile.gif

That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...

Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.
post #12669 of 34797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

^ Does this mean that I have to button the collar on my Epaulet shirts?
smile.gif
That green gingham with the club color looks awfully nice...
Also, I find the fits shown on this thread and on the Epaulet site much more appealing than those on Selectism. Honestly, if those were all I saw, I don't think I'd be a buyer. So thanks Epaulet thread and epauletshop.com.

I was about to make the same comment.

Thanks to all who post fits. Perhaps I will get going with some of my own someday.
post #12670 of 34797

What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.

post #12671 of 34797
Yesterday was Cancer awareness day at work...purple shirt for my pops:
IMG_1776.jpg
IMG_1775.jpg
Carmina Austerity Brogue (rest Ercoles)
post #12672 of 34797
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

What is recommended care regimen for chromexcel shoes? I remember Mike advising Picard's dressing, but that was for the boots. I read different opinions, neatsfoot oil, venetian cream. I think I wouldn't want them to shine, would prefer having them just matte and a bit beat up, so I wonder what I should use.

 

I do venetian cream on chromexcel. It gives them a sheen for a little bit, but they return to matte after a wear or two. 

post #12673 of 34797

^ Venetian cream will definitely impart a shine, in my experience (its main use is to bring a high shine to shell cordovan). Your boots might wind up looking like this:

 

6444984135_8e0f4d7f04_b.jpg

 

Which is my thing (these are 403s from Epaulet, by the way), but evidently not yours, neutrino.

 

Mike sold me some Alden neutral boot cream when he sold me these 403s -- don't know if he still carries it, but it feeds and moisturizes CXL well. The shine it imparts is minimal unless you buff a lot. I'd recommend alternating between that product, and then either Pecard's or Montana Pitch-Blend, either of which will both protect and nourish your CXL.

 

Is this Natural CXL? Keep in mind that most products will darken and even out the color of Natural CXL, especially Pecards or Pitch-Blend.

post #12674 of 34797

Thanks, guys. Yes, I'm talking about natty CXL. For the 403 I would also go for that look. I'll probably follow your advice, applky. Maybe I'll hear what Mike has to say on this.

post #12675 of 34797
I like the rise and general cut of the Walts, but something seems to be amiss in the seat/back rise. I get a collection of folds of excess material in the upper thigh when standing, which ruins the drape at the back. I tried a pair of 32s, could dropping to a 30 help alleviate this issue at all?

If not, how easily can a tailor address this issue? It seems like there's some complex balance/drape issues at play in this particular area.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread