Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/1/15 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 827post #12391 of 461925/15/12 at 8:40am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12392 of 461925/15/12 at 8:48am
I'm also wearing the Salinger Shells today. The patina is forming quickly on these guys. The tongue pads are also helping. Chinos are the 10 oz French Blue Ducks.
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.post #12393 of 461925/15/12 at 8:53ampost #12394 of 461925/15/12 at 9:50amQuote:
Haha I'm a Man. United fan but Man. City deserved the title. After watching so many games at Camp Nou last spring they just dive way to much for me to have any respect for half the teampost #12395 of 461925/15/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Thanks for the reply Mike!
I believe I got them the 1st time they were restocked. Any way to tell if they are the old or the new model? The biggest problem on them has been the crotch, as I actually blew out a few of the stitches.
Thankspost #12396 of 461925/15/12 at 12:44pmpost #12397 of 461925/15/12 at 1:37pmpost #12398 of 461925/15/12 at 1:38pmpost #12399 of 461925/15/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Great! I've never personally replaced them, and I have some shoes that are several years old with them in. I imagine that they'll leave quite a bit of glue residue if you try to remove them. If they're not perfectly straight but relatively correct in position, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just roll with them. If you want to redo them, I'd take it to a good cobbler - they can probably remove them cleaner than anyone else.Originally Posted by wj4
I got the tongue pads today and put them in several pairs...so far they seem to do the trick. How often should the pads be replaced, if at all? And lastly, I noticed the pads were super sticky, so when you need to take off the pads from the tongues, is there a trick to doing so? I'm asking this because I put the first pair on a bit crooked and want to redo them.Quote:Looking good! Glad that you're enjoying them.Originally Posted by NAMOR
Carmina "Salinger" Double Monk on its maiden voyage. Comfy Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Nope, we'll have the online this week, probably Thursday. We'll put a huge note here when they go up.Quote:Drop me a PM with your name and order number (if you have it). I can figure out when we sold them to you and what production run they were. I'm pretty sure that you've got the original flavor models.Quote:Not regiment twill exactly, as all of the Regiment Twill fabric is solid-colored cloth. But we'll certainly run patterned Walt trousers in the Fall - although those are typically wool and tweed.Quote:Thank you! The Emerald is a fantastic color.
For shoes, you'll want to do brown, tan, white, or burgundy. They're a great match for snuff suede, brown leather, white sneakers.
For shirts, think white, cream, light grey, pale blue, or pale pink. Patterned shirts are a great match as long as they're a cream or white ground.
For jackets, navy and pale grey are really boss.
This pic (submitted by Morgan) is a great example of how to rock the f*** out of green trousers. The ones pictured are Racing Green UK canvas, but Emerald could be worn in the same way.
Try wearing them and you'll grow to love them! And you'll be amazed at the amount of compliments that they attract.post #12400 of 461925/15/12 at 2:10pmpost #12401 of 461925/15/12 at 2:24pmpost #12402 of 461925/15/12 at 2:32pmpost #12403 of 461925/15/12 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.
This looks great. I'm surprised it took so long for someone (other than Mike) to comment on the ensemble.Quote:
Including a pair of the 10-oz. duck chinos in leaf that I'd been eyeing since they first sold out in 32. Woohoo!post #12404 of 461925/15/12 at 4:01pmpost #12405 of 461925/15/12 at 5:18pmQuote:
Maybe I just don't know any better, but I've found the plum ducks to be easier to pair than the french blue ducks (and I really enjoy the french blue ducks). I've worn it with grey, cream, lavender (perhaps too much purple, but I thought it was OK) shirts and would match it with a number of other shirts. Tan and navy suede shoes look pretty good with them too.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1277 Active Users (277 Members and 1000 Guests)
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge 4 September 2015: Air Your Linen! 1 minute ago
- › NWT RLPL Oxford Shirt. Size Medium. Retail $350 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015