Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:38 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 827post #12391 of 335925/15/12 at 8:40am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #12392 of 335925/15/12 at 8:48am
I'm also wearing the Salinger Shells today. The patina is forming quickly on these guys. The tongue pads are also helping. Chinos are the 10 oz French Blue Ducks.
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.post #12393 of 335925/15/12 at 8:53ampost #12394 of 335925/15/12 at 9:50amQuote:
Haha I'm a Man. United fan but Man. City deserved the title. After watching so many games at Camp Nou last spring they just dive way to much for me to have any respect for half the teampost #12395 of 335925/15/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Thanks for the reply Mike!
I believe I got them the 1st time they were restocked. Any way to tell if they are the old or the new model? The biggest problem on them has been the crotch, as I actually blew out a few of the stitches.
Thankspost #12396 of 335925/15/12 at 12:44pmpost #12397 of 335925/15/12 at 1:37pmpost #12398 of 335925/15/12 at 1:38pmpost #12399 of 335925/15/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Great! I've never personally replaced them, and I have some shoes that are several years old with them in. I imagine that they'll leave quite a bit of glue residue if you try to remove them. If they're not perfectly straight but relatively correct in position, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just roll with them. If you want to redo them, I'd take it to a good cobbler - they can probably remove them cleaner than anyone else.Originally Posted by wj4
I got the tongue pads today and put them in several pairs...so far they seem to do the trick. How often should the pads be replaced, if at all? And lastly, I noticed the pads were super sticky, so when you need to take off the pads from the tongues, is there a trick to doing so? I'm asking this because I put the first pair on a bit crooked and want to redo them.Quote:Looking good! Glad that you're enjoying them.Originally Posted by NAMOR
Carmina "Salinger" Double Monk on its maiden voyage. Comfy Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Nope, we'll have the online this week, probably Thursday. We'll put a huge note here when they go up.Quote:Drop me a PM with your name and order number (if you have it). I can figure out when we sold them to you and what production run they were. I'm pretty sure that you've got the original flavor models.Quote:Not regiment twill exactly, as all of the Regiment Twill fabric is solid-colored cloth. But we'll certainly run patterned Walt trousers in the Fall - although those are typically wool and tweed.Quote:Thank you! The Emerald is a fantastic color.
For shoes, you'll want to do brown, tan, white, or burgundy. They're a great match for snuff suede, brown leather, white sneakers.
For shirts, think white, cream, light grey, pale blue, or pale pink. Patterned shirts are a great match as long as they're a cream or white ground.
For jackets, navy and pale grey are really boss.
This pic (submitted by Morgan) is a great example of how to rock the f*** out of green trousers. The ones pictured are Racing Green UK canvas, but Emerald could be worn in the same way.
Try wearing them and you'll grow to love them! And you'll be amazed at the amount of compliments that they attract.post #12400 of 335925/15/12 at 2:10pmpost #12401 of 335925/15/12 at 2:24pmpost #12402 of 335925/15/12 at 2:32pmpost #12403 of 335925/15/12 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.
This looks great. I'm surprised it took so long for someone (other than Mike) to comment on the ensemble.Quote:
Including a pair of the 10-oz. duck chinos in leaf that I'd been eyeing since they first sold out in 32. Woohoo!post #12404 of 335925/15/12 at 4:01pmpost #12405 of 335925/15/12 at 5:18pmQuote:
Maybe I just don't know any better, but I've found the plum ducks to be easier to pair than the french blue ducks (and I really enjoy the french blue ducks). I've worn it with grey, cream, lavender (perhaps too much purple, but I thought it was OK) shirts and would match it with a number of other shirts. Tan and navy suede shoes look pretty good with them too.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1654 Active Users (393 Members and 1261 Guests)
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cole Haan Rood Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › PRPS NOIR IRON BLOW WANTED TO BUY 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)