Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 12:27 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 827post #12391 of 508305/15/12 at 8:40am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12392 of 508305/15/12 at 8:48am
I'm also wearing the Salinger Shells today. The patina is forming quickly on these guys. The tongue pads are also helping. Chinos are the 10 oz French Blue Ducks.
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.post #12393 of 508305/15/12 at 8:53ampost #12394 of 508305/15/12 at 9:50amQuote:
Haha I'm a Man. United fan but Man. City deserved the title. After watching so many games at Camp Nou last spring they just dive way to much for me to have any respect for half the teampost #12395 of 508305/15/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Thanks for the reply Mike!
I believe I got them the 1st time they were restocked. Any way to tell if they are the old or the new model? The biggest problem on them has been the crotch, as I actually blew out a few of the stitches.
Thankspost #12396 of 508305/15/12 at 12:44pmpost #12397 of 508305/15/12 at 1:37pmpost #12398 of 508305/15/12 at 1:38pmpost #12399 of 508305/15/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Great! I've never personally replaced them, and I have some shoes that are several years old with them in. I imagine that they'll leave quite a bit of glue residue if you try to remove them. If they're not perfectly straight but relatively correct in position, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just roll with them. If you want to redo them, I'd take it to a good cobbler - they can probably remove them cleaner than anyone else.Originally Posted by wj4
I got the tongue pads today and put them in several pairs...so far they seem to do the trick. How often should the pads be replaced, if at all? And lastly, I noticed the pads were super sticky, so when you need to take off the pads from the tongues, is there a trick to doing so? I'm asking this because I put the first pair on a bit crooked and want to redo them.Quote:Looking good! Glad that you're enjoying them.Originally Posted by NAMOR
Carmina "Salinger" Double Monk on its maiden voyage. Comfy Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Nope, we'll have the online this week, probably Thursday. We'll put a huge note here when they go up.Quote:Drop me a PM with your name and order number (if you have it). I can figure out when we sold them to you and what production run they were. I'm pretty sure that you've got the original flavor models.Quote:Not regiment twill exactly, as all of the Regiment Twill fabric is solid-colored cloth. But we'll certainly run patterned Walt trousers in the Fall - although those are typically wool and tweed.Quote:Thank you! The Emerald is a fantastic color.
For shoes, you'll want to do brown, tan, white, or burgundy. They're a great match for snuff suede, brown leather, white sneakers.
For shirts, think white, cream, light grey, pale blue, or pale pink. Patterned shirts are a great match as long as they're a cream or white ground.
For jackets, navy and pale grey are really boss.
This pic (submitted by Morgan) is a great example of how to rock the f*** out of green trousers. The ones pictured are Racing Green UK canvas, but Emerald could be worn in the same way.
Try wearing them and you'll grow to love them! And you'll be amazed at the amount of compliments that they attract.post #12400 of 508305/15/12 at 2:10pmpost #12401 of 508305/15/12 at 2:24pmpost #12402 of 508305/15/12 at 2:32pmpost #12403 of 508305/15/12 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.
This looks great. I'm surprised it took so long for someone (other than Mike) to comment on the ensemble.Quote:
Including a pair of the 10-oz. duck chinos in leaf that I'd been eyeing since they first sold out in 32. Woohoo!post #12404 of 508305/15/12 at 4:01pmpost #12405 of 508305/15/12 at 5:18pmQuote:
Maybe I just don't know any better, but I've found the plum ducks to be easier to pair than the french blue ducks (and I really enjoy the french blue ducks). I've worn it with grey, cream, lavender (perhaps too much purple, but I thought it was OK) shirts and would match it with a number of other shirts. Tan and navy suede shoes look pretty good with them too.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1114 Active Users (191 Members and 923 Guests)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 14 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Recent flawless Hackett Beige Cotton Sport Coat half lined US38R EU48R 16 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 22 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...