Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 10/21/16 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 827post #12391 of 568185/15/12 at 8:40ampost #12392 of 568185/15/12 at 8:48am
I'm also wearing the Salinger Shells today. The patina is forming quickly on these guys. The tongue pads are also helping. Chinos are the 10 oz French Blue Ducks.
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.post #12393 of 568185/15/12 at 8:53ampost #12394 of 568185/15/12 at 9:50amQuote:
Haha I'm a Man. United fan but Man. City deserved the title. After watching so many games at Camp Nou last spring they just dive way to much for me to have any respect for half the teampost #12395 of 568185/15/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Thanks for the reply Mike!
I believe I got them the 1st time they were restocked. Any way to tell if they are the old or the new model? The biggest problem on them has been the crotch, as I actually blew out a few of the stitches.
Thankspost #12396 of 568185/15/12 at 12:44pmpost #12397 of 568185/15/12 at 1:37pmpost #12398 of 568185/15/12 at 1:38pmpost #12399 of 568185/15/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Great! I've never personally replaced them, and I have some shoes that are several years old with them in. I imagine that they'll leave quite a bit of glue residue if you try to remove them. If they're not perfectly straight but relatively correct in position, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just roll with them. If you want to redo them, I'd take it to a good cobbler - they can probably remove them cleaner than anyone else.Originally Posted by wj4
I got the tongue pads today and put them in several pairs...so far they seem to do the trick. How often should the pads be replaced, if at all? And lastly, I noticed the pads were super sticky, so when you need to take off the pads from the tongues, is there a trick to doing so? I'm asking this because I put the first pair on a bit crooked and want to redo them.Quote:Looking good! Glad that you're enjoying them.Originally Posted by NAMOR
Carmina "Salinger" Double Monk on its maiden voyage. Comfy Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Nope, we'll have the online this week, probably Thursday. We'll put a huge note here when they go up.Quote:Drop me a PM with your name and order number (if you have it). I can figure out when we sold them to you and what production run they were. I'm pretty sure that you've got the original flavor models.Quote:Not regiment twill exactly, as all of the Regiment Twill fabric is solid-colored cloth. But we'll certainly run patterned Walt trousers in the Fall - although those are typically wool and tweed.Quote:Thank you! The Emerald is a fantastic color.
For shoes, you'll want to do brown, tan, white, or burgundy. They're a great match for snuff suede, brown leather, white sneakers.
For shirts, think white, cream, light grey, pale blue, or pale pink. Patterned shirts are a great match as long as they're a cream or white ground.
For jackets, navy and pale grey are really boss.
This pic (submitted by Morgan) is a great example of how to rock the f*** out of green trousers. The ones pictured are Racing Green UK canvas, but Emerald could be worn in the same way.
Try wearing them and you'll grow to love them! And you'll be amazed at the amount of compliments that they attract.post #12400 of 568185/15/12 at 2:10pmpost #12401 of 568185/15/12 at 2:24pmpost #12402 of 568185/15/12 at 2:32pmpost #12403 of 568185/15/12 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The bigger version of the picture is on my blog. I realized that when I post the full size pictures, on some monitors they are adjusted automatically and on some monitors, they aren't.
This looks great. I'm surprised it took so long for someone (other than Mike) to comment on the ensemble.Quote:
Including a pair of the 10-oz. duck chinos in leaf that I'd been eyeing since they first sold out in 32. Woohoo!post #12404 of 568185/15/12 at 4:01pmpost #12405 of 568185/15/12 at 5:18pmQuote:
Maybe I just don't know any better, but I've found the plum ducks to be easier to pair than the french blue ducks (and I really enjoy the french blue ducks). I've worn it with grey, cream, lavender (perhaps too much purple, but I thought it was OK) shirts and would match it with a number of other shirts. Tan and navy suede shoes look pretty good with them too.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1513 Active Users (319 Members and 1194 Guests)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...