Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 825post #12361 of 445085/13/12 at 12:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12362 of 445085/13/12 at 4:56pmpost #12363 of 445085/13/12 at 5:05pmpost #12364 of 445085/13/12 at 5:46pmpost #12365 of 445085/13/12 at 6:36pmQuote:
Wear underwear.post #12366 of 445085/13/12 at 7:22pmpost #12367 of 445085/13/12 at 9:11pmI'm thinking of picking up another pair of chinos. I just want to confirm that they now have a little extra room in the waist and seat right? I have a pair of the caramel ducks which are a little too tight in the crotch and waist. Trying to figure out if I should size up one or if I'll be ok at the same size.
Thanks much!post #12368 of 445085/13/12 at 9:44pmpost #12369 of 445085/13/12 at 10:54pmpost #12370 of 445085/14/12 at 5:07ampost #12371 of 445085/14/12 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I talk to customers about these things all of the time (tongue pad, heel grips, insoles). A lot of guys - to their detriment - find these things to be a weapon of last resort. The things that you buy if you purchased the incorrect size and you can't fit in a shoe. While they're good for that, that's not their only purpose. Many people have feet which are two different sizes. Or different widths. They have low arches, or high arches. Narrow heels. These are great tools and can improve the fit in a lot of situations. They can make shoes that are properly sized fit even better. I see them like alterations to a sportcoat. I'd encourage anyone to try them if your shoes feel a little large in any dimension - even well-worn shoes.
What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.post #12372 of 445085/14/12 at 11:11amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I never had a chance to try the metal rivets. Does the new sizing also equate to more room in the crotch? I managed to bust some of the crotch seams on my caramel ducks while sitting.
Thankspost #12373 of 445085/14/12 at 11:19ampost #12374 of 445085/14/12 at 4:22pmpost #12375 of 445085/14/12 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.
Heel grips (suede ones), thick tongue pads and thicker socks are all you can do. For some reason a lot of shoes have a wide heel even when the last itself is narrow. I've heard Aldens combination last is good for those with narrow heels, although I haven't tried it myself.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 47 seconds ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Split Toe Blucher in Brown Museum Calf. 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Your SW&D Essentials? (CM's Free For All Help Thread) 7 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 9 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...