Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:52 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 825post #12361 of 336295/13/12 at 12:45pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #12362 of 336295/13/12 at 4:56pmpost #12363 of 336295/13/12 at 5:05pmpost #12364 of 336295/13/12 at 5:46pmpost #12365 of 336295/13/12 at 6:36pmQuote:
Wear underwear.post #12366 of 336295/13/12 at 7:22pmpost #12367 of 336295/13/12 at 9:11pmI'm thinking of picking up another pair of chinos. I just want to confirm that they now have a little extra room in the waist and seat right? I have a pair of the caramel ducks which are a little too tight in the crotch and waist. Trying to figure out if I should size up one or if I'll be ok at the same size.
Thanks much!post #12368 of 336295/13/12 at 9:44pmpost #12369 of 336295/13/12 at 10:54pmpost #12370 of 336295/14/12 at 5:07ampost #12371 of 336295/14/12 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I talk to customers about these things all of the time (tongue pad, heel grips, insoles). A lot of guys - to their detriment - find these things to be a weapon of last resort. The things that you buy if you purchased the incorrect size and you can't fit in a shoe. While they're good for that, that's not their only purpose. Many people have feet which are two different sizes. Or different widths. They have low arches, or high arches. Narrow heels. These are great tools and can improve the fit in a lot of situations. They can make shoes that are properly sized fit even better. I see them like alterations to a sportcoat. I'd encourage anyone to try them if your shoes feel a little large in any dimension - even well-worn shoes.
What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.post #12372 of 336295/14/12 at 11:11amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I never had a chance to try the metal rivets. Does the new sizing also equate to more room in the crotch? I managed to bust some of the crotch seams on my caramel ducks while sitting.
Thankspost #12373 of 336295/14/12 at 11:19ampost #12374 of 336295/14/12 at 4:22pmpost #12375 of 336295/14/12 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.
Heel grips (suede ones), thick tongue pads and thicker socks are all you can do. For some reason a lot of shoes have a wide heel even when the last itself is narrow. I've heard Aldens combination last is good for those with narrow heels, although I haven't tried it myself.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 seconds ago
- › Empoli vs AC Milan live Streaming Online 18 seconds ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 28 seconds ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 41 seconds ago
- › TV LINK>>Arsenal vs Southampton Live Capital One Cup 2014 48 seconds ago
- › Pescara vs Latina live Streaming Online 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...