Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 825post #12361 of 508615/13/12 at 12:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12362 of 508615/13/12 at 4:56pmpost #12363 of 508615/13/12 at 5:05pmpost #12364 of 508615/13/12 at 5:46pmpost #12365 of 508615/13/12 at 6:36pmQuote:
Wear underwear.post #12366 of 508615/13/12 at 7:22pmpost #12367 of 508615/13/12 at 9:11pmI'm thinking of picking up another pair of chinos. I just want to confirm that they now have a little extra room in the waist and seat right? I have a pair of the caramel ducks which are a little too tight in the crotch and waist. Trying to figure out if I should size up one or if I'll be ok at the same size.
Thanks much!post #12368 of 508615/13/12 at 9:44pmpost #12369 of 508615/13/12 at 10:54pmpost #12370 of 508615/14/12 at 5:07ampost #12371 of 508615/14/12 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I talk to customers about these things all of the time (tongue pad, heel grips, insoles). A lot of guys - to their detriment - find these things to be a weapon of last resort. The things that you buy if you purchased the incorrect size and you can't fit in a shoe. While they're good for that, that's not their only purpose. Many people have feet which are two different sizes. Or different widths. They have low arches, or high arches. Narrow heels. These are great tools and can improve the fit in a lot of situations. They can make shoes that are properly sized fit even better. I see them like alterations to a sportcoat. I'd encourage anyone to try them if your shoes feel a little large in any dimension - even well-worn shoes.
What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.post #12372 of 508615/14/12 at 11:11amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I never had a chance to try the metal rivets. Does the new sizing also equate to more room in the crotch? I managed to bust some of the crotch seams on my caramel ducks while sitting.
Thankspost #12373 of 508615/14/12 at 11:19ampost #12374 of 508615/14/12 at 4:22pmpost #12375 of 508615/14/12 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.
Heel grips (suede ones), thick tongue pads and thicker socks are all you can do. For some reason a lot of shoes have a wide heel even when the last itself is narrow. I've heard Aldens combination last is good for those with narrow heels, although I haven't tried it myself.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Things you just don't get 45 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...