Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:31 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 822post #12316 of 487675/11/12 at 11:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12317 of 487675/11/12 at 11:32ampost #12318 of 487675/11/12 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Banana Cognac
Not really digging the camo chinos. I think you have to have an edgy kind of look about you to be able to pull them off.
If you are like NYR with the facial hair and sleeve tatts then you can look cool in them but if you are a clean cut short back and sides
kind of guy then I feel the camo look is not for you.
Nah. I used to wear camo pants pretty often and I'm not a wild man by any means. IMO it works best with an untucked OCBD or looser gray or white T (black will make you look like Dog the Bounty Hunter). I think you want to be super casual and avoid any suggestion that you are in the miltary or want to be. But I do understand that wearing camo is a touchy subject.
I have my ideal camo chinos in mind -- a big, non "Tactical" pattern is key, i really like the S D'A ones on that BiG is selling but if the pattern didn't say "Studio D'Artisan" on repeat...post #12319 of 487675/11/12 at 12:45pmpost #12320 of 487675/11/12 at 12:53pmpost #12321 of 487675/11/12 at 1:14pmpost #12322 of 487675/11/12 at 1:28pm
We just posted up the first in a new series that we're doing called Epaulet Outfits. In this installment, we have our friend Dave Ortiz (of Dave's Quality Meats fame) as the model. This will be a running thing that we're doing. You can check out all the looks/the interview here.
Here's a few pictures and fits that we really dig!
Edited by leftofthedial - 5/11/12 at 1:42pmpost #12323 of 487675/11/12 at 2:12pmpost #12324 of 487675/11/12 at 2:25pmpost #12325 of 487675/11/12 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Epaulet camo shirt. Epaulet gray chinos.
In real life, the Tanner Goods belt matches the Alden NXL shoes better than in the picture.
That looks great! The shirt is ace on you.Quote:Thank you! Glad that you're enjoying the boots, and your photos are fricking boss. I miss those double-faced digicams!Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So before this, I had 2 pairs of Aldens, both Barrie, but one pair is the chukkas, and the other is a size and a half too large (don't ask). Well, you know the "Barrie chukkas are not like other Barrie shoes" story? Fuck it's true. I didn't think it could possibly be as drastic a difference, but it is. It's like a different last, comparing the chukkas to these. All the problems I thought I had with the Barrie last are...gone. The heel doesn't feel as big; the toe box feels, actually, a little wider. Exactly what I needed. This is beautiful. I feel like the world has opened up a little. Relatedly, this is terrible, terrible news for my bank account.
Oh, and they smell like the nectar of the gods. Thanks, Epaulet.
(cameo from the old Epaulet camo rivets.)
edit: I'd take some better pictures, but it's raining out.Quote:Are up kidding? We love your photos. Clutter away.Originally Posted by wj4
Thanks, Keith. The fabric on the camo shirt is truly unique. It's almost 3D like. I went to the mall to pay some bills and compared to the generic camo fabrics I saw at Macy's...the difference was quite obvious.
I will keep my pictures down to one a day so I don't clutter up Mike's thread. The rest of the pictures will be on my blog.Quote:Glad that you're enjoying them! That cordovan looks good enough to eat.Quote:It's just the pitch of the lens and some wide angle distortion from shooting it up close.Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
You stated that tongue pads can be used to minimize or eliminate heal slippage. What are your thoughts about the heal strips (I'm not sure if those are the proper words, but it's the strip of leather/suede you put on the back of the shoes to eliminate slipping)? Thanks!
Try the tongue pad first. That corrects the fit in a natural way and pushes your foot both down and back. If your heel is still slipping after that, then using the heel strip will give you additional traction in the back.
I talk to customers about these things all of the time (tongue pad, heel grips, insoles). A lot of guys - to their detriment - find these things to be a weapon of last resort. The things that you buy if you purchased the incorrect size and you can't fit in a shoe. While they're good for that, that's not their only purpose. Many people have feet which are two different sizes. Or different widths. They have low arches, or high arches. Narrow heels. These are great tools and can improve the fit in a lot of situations. They can make shoes that are properly sized fit even better. I see them like alterations to a sportcoat. I'd encourage anyone to try them if your shoes feel a little large in any dimension - even well-worn shoes.post #12326 of 487675/11/12 at 3:39pmpost #12327 of 487675/11/12 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Natty Chrmxl Belt
Optic White Duck
Carmina Suede DBM Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Think this may be my first ever head to toe Epaulet fit...
Damn you can pull it off. I was eyeing that shirt, but I think it looks better on you.post #12328 of 487675/11/12 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Blaze...should I wash these in warm to get a bit more shrink? Or suck it up and take em back to the tailor and have them fix the length (I think its a touch too long)? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hmm, these are looking pretty long. Even if you wanted them with some break. I'd recommend taking them back to get it dialed in. The outfit combo is on point though!Quote:Originally Posted by plato
Definitely interested in the twill regimental trousers in the cloud color, seems great for summer. Am just not sure if I'm a Walt or a Rudy fit guy, and can't make it up to NY for a few more weeks. Do these pre-orders really come around every month? Do you think cloud will still be an option in the next round of orders?
Rudy preorders come up every month, and we've got cloud in there.
A good rule of thumb is this. If you can fit well into Levis 501, then you can be confident that the Walt is going to work for you. The APC new standard is a good guide too, but not everyone has access to try a pair of those one. You should be able to find a Levis 501 anywhere.
If 501's are really tight on you and you have a difficult time fitting in to slim trousers in general, then you're more likely a Rudy guy. And some guys can fit into the Walt but choose the Rudy because they like a fuller cut.
If you're new to the Rudy, try it with one pair. Order something easy - like the Regiment Twill. You can always reach out to us for sizing advice. When you get the trouser, it has seam allowances so even if it's not perfect as delivered, you'll be able to tailor it to fit. As long as we get the waist measurement right (and we can help you figure that out), the legs are most likely going to fit.Quote:+100Originally Posted by wj4
I love the digi camo chinos, and I'm probably as clean cut as they come...boring hair style, doesn't drink or smoke, hardly cuss anymore I never understood the "trying hard" or "can't make it work" monikers. If I like it and if I can afford it...I'll buy it because I'm not dressing up to impress my internet friends.
I also don't think any cut males can fit into the chino pattern. My chicken legs fit in there nicely, but if I were a heavy lifter there would be no way of getting my thighs into them.
I'm looking forward to wearing the chinos with a black double rider jacket, navy blazer, plain gray t shirts, and OCBDs.
When we put the Digicams into production again, this was exactly my mindset for it. You see a lot of camo pants being worn aggressively by McNairy dudes, #menswear people, streetwear guys, Bathing Ape-esque British guys, hip hop fans, hardcore guys, etc. But it doesn't mean that you have to be one of those guys to wear them. They're just cool, patterned trousers that are actually very easy to match with a whole range of looks. I think that they're just as basic as a cool color like French Blue. Wear them with an OCBD, a t-shirt, a polo, wingtips, sneakers, monks, boots, harrington, denim jacket, sportcoat, etc.
Just don't wear them with a matching jacket without actually being in the army. Or being a Master P "No Limit Soldier"Quote:Quote:
Rivet chinos are not the same as the Walt, but similar.
It sounds to me like the Rudy fit is going to work for you. But it depends a bit on how you define "girlfriend pants." Our trousers are pretty slim. If they're fitting you radically tighter than the pictured fit on Dylan, then you'll want to size up to the Rudy - and chances are good that the Rudy is going to be spot on.Quote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Caramel rivets...the 2nd pic with the close up of shooz shows the color much better Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice! Good to see the OG Indy boots in action too.Quote:Definitely one of your best. You really wear those white chinos well.Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Natty Chrmxl Belt
Optic White Duck
Carmina Suede DBM Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Think this may be my first ever head to toe Epaulet fit...post #12329 of 487675/11/12 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Natty Chrmxl Belt
Optic White Duck
Carmina Suede DBM
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This looks great, Rob. My only suggestion would be to incorporate a surcingle belt for added color—maroon, perhaps—but the look is solid just as you have it here. Lookin' ready for summer, my friend.
- Kpost #12330 of 487675/11/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
You and me both man...I did think about my red and blue ring belt too! Good call.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Do you think a Jacket and Shirt suit me,In your opinion? Let me... 28 seconds ago
- › NEW FRATELLI BORGIOLI FOR RIDER BOOT OSLO CHUKKA BOOT, ANTIQUE... 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › ZANELLA PLATINUM DEVON BLACK PANTS 34 waist 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories