What I wore this morning: Plum Chinos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on Today at 10:37 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 801
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12002 of 348414/30/12 at 11:05pmQuote:
The digi pants are cool but I don't like them worn like that. It's a super casual pant, gotta roll with it.post #12003 of 348414/30/12 at 11:21pmQuote:Hmm, I'm thinking that you're going to be a Large in Epaulet. Provided you're not wearing the shirts with a tie, you probably won't notice a little extra size on the collar.Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
If Gitman Ashland shirts fit me 100% spot on, should I go up to an L in Epaulet or stick w/ M?
I'm 6'3" 175. Neck on the L is too big, but some have said a wash/dry brings overall fit down a little...
ps...might just buy M and L and return one, but that's not my favorite way to go...Quote:
Oh cool - you're going to do allocation for a retailer?
I definitely enjoyed doing retail buying. It's a good career path to senior management in a company or crossing the road into sales later on. Drop me a PM when you get a chance, we can talk about it.Quote:Shoes are looking good - glad that you're enjoying them!Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Crappy dirty mirror pics. No wifey to snap pics, just Carminas...Quote:Yup, we've got them coming this week. Full size runs in Emerald, Golden Brown, and Royal Blue. They look great!Quote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
Cross post from the Carmina MTO thread. I also picked up my grey shadow stripe Walts from the tailor today, which are the pants in the pictures. The shadow stripe Walts are very nice, but the Carminas are something else! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Rock and roll, glad that they found their way to you! Enjoy them!
And Nan, you and I gotta talk about San Francisco plans this weekend. It's going to kick ass!Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
Got home just now to try on the digi camo. Loving the new fit. I thought the pants looked pretty sharp with the blue oxford shirt I had on. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What I wore this morning: Plum Chinos.
Agreed, I dig the camos and oxford cloth pairing a lot.post #12004 of 348415/1/12 at 5:12am
Hello Mr Mike,
I emailed you yesterday. Sorry for poking you once again in such short period: I am aware there was little time to respond, but as I often am ignored when asking about same issues (Polish customs duties...), I want to make sure I tried everything I could and my email won't pass overlooked. Here's the original message:
I am from Poland and in a half a year long search for premium, American made boots. I am familiar with names like Red Wing, Thorogood, Alden, but have virtually been unable to buy any of them - people down here do not earn a whole lot and I'm not an exception. Buying internationally is a commitment, especially if you are from the poorer part of Europe. I had some time though to get accustomed to fact it's going to be a huge expense for me. Have two questions for you.
1. What size should I pick with Thorogood 685? Now, I know there's an instruction in the item's chart but I really do not want to make a mistake. You compare Thorogoods' sizing to Aldens', but as I have almost no knowledge of the latter company, nor of Clarks Desert Boots, could you compare them to Red Wings or ordinary Thorogoods, of which I read on many forums? For example: if I pick an 8 in RW 875/877 or most of their styles, should I choose 8.5 in Thorogood x Epaulet? If I pick an 8 in an ordinary Thorogood Moc Toe, should I choose 8.5 in Thorogood x Epaulet? Or could I get away with 8?
2. Now I will try to persuade you to something you probably do not consider a subject of negotiations: is it possible for you to mark down the value of shoes inside the package so that Polish customs office wouldn't be able to rip me off? I am aware you've probably been asked too many times about this and said no, but it's really vital for me. Fees they charge in Poland upon items from overseas are horrendous (about one third of the value), making the whole venture questionable - at best. Purchase of pretty much just anything from your fabulous stock will cost me most of my monthly salary anyway. I'm talking about an exception. Consider that. Mike, Adele - please consider that :-).
Edited by wakawaka - 5/1/12 at 5:36ampost #12005 of 348415/1/12 at 5:24ampost #12006 of 348415/1/12 at 7:07amQuote:
I got mine yesterday and I agree. They are perfect for summer and just what I hoped for. Now to go to the tailors and hope for some sunny days in New York so I can wear them!post #12007 of 348415/1/12 at 8:33amQuote:
This is the only way I plan on wearing the pants. I can't really see myself wearing them with say, a t shirt and combat boots, looking like I just got out of bootcamp.
I can't wait to throw on a navy and/or khaki jacket over it.
EDIT: The "new" fit on the chino is great. It's very close, if not totally the same as the older chinos with the metal rivots. They are by no means baggy or loose fitting.post #12008 of 348415/1/12 at 8:35ampost #12009 of 348415/1/12 at 8:43ampost #12010 of 348415/1/12 at 9:16ampost #12011 of 348415/1/12 at 9:23ampost #12012 of 348415/1/12 at 10:06am
Great looking navy suede. Nice pop on the colored laces too. Have been thinking about ordering a pair of medium brown PTB's on the forest last in leather. How would you describe your shoe made on the forest last? Substantial but not clunky? Refined but not chunky? Did you successfully size down a whole size from your regular American size on the brannock device? (say American 9d down to Carmina/European 8)
Does anyone know - does Epaulet do orders of other Carmina models which are not on Epaulet's website, or does one have to order straight from Carmina?Quote:post #12013 of 348415/1/12 at 10:11amQuote:
I like the laces man...and agree, the Carminas are sweet.post #12014 of 348415/1/12 at 10:46ampost #12015 of 348415/1/12 at 11:04amQuote:I haven't done it on Epaulet trousers, but it should absolutely be no issues at all. I have other trousers that I have let the inseam out another inch or so and they were fine. There were enough material rolled up similar to the Epaulet trousers.
I ran out of closet space so I'm now shopping for a bigger house to keep the Epaulet buying frenzy going.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Insight Into Needed Exhaustion Problem Points 16 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Cheap kitchen Appliances Nottingham 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...