What I wore this morning: Plum Chinos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:21 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 8:03 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:22 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 801post #12002 of 530574/30/12 at 11:05pmQuote:
The digi pants are cool but I don't like them worn like that. It's a super casual pant, gotta roll with it.post #12003 of 530574/30/12 at 11:21pmQuote:Hmm, I'm thinking that you're going to be a Large in Epaulet. Provided you're not wearing the shirts with a tie, you probably won't notice a little extra size on the collar.Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
If Gitman Ashland shirts fit me 100% spot on, should I go up to an L in Epaulet or stick w/ M?
I'm 6'3" 175. Neck on the L is too big, but some have said a wash/dry brings overall fit down a little...
ps...might just buy M and L and return one, but that's not my favorite way to go...Quote:
Oh cool - you're going to do allocation for a retailer?
I definitely enjoyed doing retail buying. It's a good career path to senior management in a company or crossing the road into sales later on. Drop me a PM when you get a chance, we can talk about it.Quote:Shoes are looking good - glad that you're enjoying them!Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Crappy dirty mirror pics. No wifey to snap pics, just Carminas...Quote:Yup, we've got them coming this week. Full size runs in Emerald, Golden Brown, and Royal Blue. They look great!Quote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
Cross post from the Carmina MTO thread. I also picked up my grey shadow stripe Walts from the tailor today, which are the pants in the pictures. The shadow stripe Walts are very nice, but the Carminas are something else! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Rock and roll, glad that they found their way to you! Enjoy them!
And Nan, you and I gotta talk about San Francisco plans this weekend. It's going to kick ass!Quote:Originally Posted by wj4
Got home just now to try on the digi camo. Loving the new fit. I thought the pants looked pretty sharp with the blue oxford shirt I had on. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What I wore this morning: Plum Chinos.
Agreed, I dig the camos and oxford cloth pairing a lot.post #12004 of 530575/1/12 at 5:12am
Hello Mr Mike,
I emailed you yesterday. Sorry for poking you once again in such short period: I am aware there was little time to respond, but as I often am ignored when asking about same issues (Polish customs duties...), I want to make sure I tried everything I could and my email won't pass overlooked. Here's the original message:
I am from Poland and in a half a year long search for premium, American made boots. I am familiar with names like Red Wing, Thorogood, Alden, but have virtually been unable to buy any of them - people down here do not earn a whole lot and I'm not an exception. Buying internationally is a commitment, especially if you are from the poorer part of Europe. I had some time though to get accustomed to fact it's going to be a huge expense for me. Have two questions for you.
1. What size should I pick with Thorogood 685? Now, I know there's an instruction in the item's chart but I really do not want to make a mistake. You compare Thorogoods' sizing to Aldens', but as I have almost no knowledge of the latter company, nor of Clarks Desert Boots, could you compare them to Red Wings or ordinary Thorogoods, of which I read on many forums? For example: if I pick an 8 in RW 875/877 or most of their styles, should I choose 8.5 in Thorogood x Epaulet? If I pick an 8 in an ordinary Thorogood Moc Toe, should I choose 8.5 in Thorogood x Epaulet? Or could I get away with 8?
2. Now I will try to persuade you to something you probably do not consider a subject of negotiations: is it possible for you to mark down the value of shoes inside the package so that Polish customs office wouldn't be able to rip me off? I am aware you've probably been asked too many times about this and said no, but it's really vital for me. Fees they charge in Poland upon items from overseas are horrendous (about one third of the value), making the whole venture questionable - at best. Purchase of pretty much just anything from your fabulous stock will cost me most of my monthly salary anyway. I'm talking about an exception. Consider that. Mike, Adele - please consider that :-).
Edited by wakawaka - 5/1/12 at 5:36ampost #12005 of 530575/1/12 at 5:24ampost #12006 of 530575/1/12 at 7:07amQuote:
I got mine yesterday and I agree. They are perfect for summer and just what I hoped for. Now to go to the tailors and hope for some sunny days in New York so I can wear them!post #12007 of 530575/1/12 at 8:33amQuote:
This is the only way I plan on wearing the pants. I can't really see myself wearing them with say, a t shirt and combat boots, looking like I just got out of bootcamp.
I can't wait to throw on a navy and/or khaki jacket over it.
EDIT: The "new" fit on the chino is great. It's very close, if not totally the same as the older chinos with the metal rivots. They are by no means baggy or loose fitting.post #12008 of 530575/1/12 at 8:35ampost #12009 of 530575/1/12 at 8:43ampost #12010 of 530575/1/12 at 9:16ampost #12011 of 530575/1/12 at 9:23ampost #12012 of 530575/1/12 at 10:06am
Great looking navy suede. Nice pop on the colored laces too. Have been thinking about ordering a pair of medium brown PTB's on the forest last in leather. How would you describe your shoe made on the forest last? Substantial but not clunky? Refined but not chunky? Did you successfully size down a whole size from your regular American size on the brannock device? (say American 9d down to Carmina/European 8)
Does anyone know - does Epaulet do orders of other Carmina models which are not on Epaulet's website, or does one have to order straight from Carmina?Quote:post #12013 of 530575/1/12 at 10:11amQuote:
I like the laces man...and agree, the Carminas are sweet.post #12014 of 530575/1/12 at 10:46ampost #12015 of 530575/1/12 at 11:04amQuote:I haven't done it on Epaulet trousers, but it should absolutely be no issues at all. I have other trousers that I have let the inseam out another inch or so and they were fine. There were enough material rolled up similar to the Epaulet trousers.
I ran out of closet space so I'm now shopping for a bigger house to keep the Epaulet buying frenzy going.
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 27 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › Help: Overweight and Short and trying to change my entire wardrobe 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts