LOL, you know it. I lived on Sterling and 7th for a while (the intersection of the huge plane crash in Dec 1960). My pad was so haunted, and it so helped me bag chicks (I was single then...)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 2/24/17 at 9:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 757post #11341 of 594184/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #11342 of 594184/11/12 at 4:38pmpost #11343 of 594184/11/12 at 5:11pmpost #11344 of 594184/11/12 at 5:26pmQuote:
YOU USED TO LIVE IN THE SLOPE? Your view on Park Slope has always been so "I'm from Bay Ridge. We have manners!" or something. 7th and Sterling? Nice. Was it a crack den back then? I have heard these things about the neighborhood.Quote:
Hope you were around when The Gate was operational. That bar was like my office back in the day.post #11345 of 594184/11/12 at 6:11pmpost #11346 of 594184/11/12 at 6:19pmI used to live at the Gate, although I was far more comfortable at Farrell's in Windsor Terrace, who had the coldest beer in the world and would sell them in cups to go...I loved that place.
Yes, Park Slope for two years. It was post crack den Park Slope, but when I was there the hood still had a bit of an edge. It was far more artsy and edgy 10 years ago. Now its foo-foo and baby strollers (which is also migrating towards Bay Ridge, and to which I am a contributor). I lived on 6th Ave between 7th and 8th St before moving to 7th and Stirling. My wife and I (at the time my gf) moved from two apartments that were essentially glorified closets, to a three bedroom with a full terrace and BBQ here in Bay Rodge for half the price. We bought a place here a few years later, and now with two kids (and thoughts of one more) I'm kicking myself for not staying there.
My uncle owned a Brownstone on 2nd St between 8th and the Park, but sold it in the 70's for something silly like $30K, when it wasn't safe to walk below 8th Ave and walking through the Park was like walking through Sarajevo in the late 90's. He had his office on the ground floor and resided with his family upstairs, it was real classy from what I've seen/heard. Wish he held on to it.post #11347 of 594184/11/12 at 6:41pmpost #11348 of 594184/11/12 at 7:07pmI know there's basically a macro in this thread that triggers a response every few posts along the lines of "great stuff, Mike and Adele" but not for nothing. I picked up a Caine jacket on Friday and it's top-notch and so was the service, as always. Thanks again.
On the history tip: Carroll Gardens is so named as a nod to Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Maryland's most prominent citizen at the time of the signing of the Declaration. He never came to Brooklyn, but I did, and as a transplanted Marylander I dig the connection. I didn't know that a lot of those guys were trying to surrender, but, considering the Jersey, maybe the Hessians did them a favor.
Sorry. Back to thread.post #11349 of 594184/11/12 at 7:33pmpost #11350 of 594184/11/12 at 9:11pmpost #11351 of 594184/12/12 at 4:38amQuote:
Wow, The Gate - that brings back some memories. The last time I was there was about 5 years ago - we had a costume party at my place...one week before Halloween, but we ended up stumbling out and walking into The Gate. I swear I could hear the record scratch when I walked in there with Frankenstein makeup all over my face and rubber bolts taped to the side of my neck. One of my favorite spots around that area was Bar Reis, which was on 5th Ave right down the street, I think it was between 6th and 7th St....the owner was a friend of a friend and a really nice dude.Quote:
Haha...maybe you live in my old place. The brownstones on that block were really beautiful.post #11352 of 594184/12/12 at 8:41ampost #11353 of 594184/12/12 at 9:51amGreat history on Brooklyn everyone!
You know, most of our crew lives in the general neighborhood and we go out there quite a bit. We should organize an Epaulet Brooklyn meetup sometime soon. We could do it at the Jake Walk or so.
Park Slope is kind of a mystery to me though. Despite living on Bond street, I never seem to go up there. I should make the trip more.Quote:
Whoa, good catch! I just saw those yesterday on the stock shelf. Enjoy them!Quote:
Thank you sir, it was my pleasure!Quote:
Speckle Chambray is sadly gone for good - at least for this season. We've definitely got some more shirts coming though. I think that they'll land in the next two weeks or so.Quote:
They were ordered on the Leydon last, and I believe that they're unlined. With Leydon lasts, we typically run sizes 8D through 12D. I'm hoping that they'll come in soon!post #11354 of 594184/12/12 at 9:56amSouthwick / Walt Suit Separates
We received our Spring Southwick for Michael Kuhle collection, and the jackets are stunning! We've got seven styles in all. We'll plan to launch all of the sportcoats next week, but I'm going to try and put the Suiting jackets online tomorrow. They are:
Navy Super 120's: $595
Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid: $675
For the stock run, we did around 24 units of each jacket. I have more fabric to cut special orders as well. With wedding season coming up, I've had a lot of demand for these coats, and we probably won't get another stock delivery of them until early July.
We'll give priority to any customers who already own the trousers and are looking to complete their suits with the matching sportcoat. If you own either the Navy Super 120's trousers or the Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid trousers and you want a matching jacket, then please drop me a PM with your jacket size, and we'll do our best to ensure that one is reserved for you. I'll have photos of the jackets available by tomorrow morning. The Navy Super 120s jacket is the Weller shape (fully lined, two standard flap pockets) and the Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid jacket is the "Caine" shape (3/8 liner with ticket pocket).
Mikepost #11355 of 594184/12/12 at 10:12am
This is huge.
On a lyrical note, I had a thought about what a stunning feeling it could be watching somebody get married in a suit that you actually designed yourself. Or even just see someone in one of those screaming chinos in the street. Kinda like getting someone into the music you wrote. Or maybe you start taking it for granted with the lapse of time, I don't know
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › How can I tell FOR sure my Ray Ban Autenticity? 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Vintage Fabrics - Dormeuil Dormysport, Minnis Rangoon 37 minutes ago
- › $699 BNWT Suit Supply Jort Casentino US40 EU50 38 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 40 minutes ago
- › My week in suits 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...