LOL, you know it. I lived on Sterling and 7th for a while (the intersection of the huge plane crash in Dec 1960). My pad was so haunted, and it so helped me bag chicks (I was single then...)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:02 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 757post #11341 of 316404/11/12 at 4:35pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #11342 of 316404/11/12 at 4:38pmpost #11343 of 316404/11/12 at 5:11pmpost #11344 of 316404/11/12 at 5:26pmQuote:
YOU USED TO LIVE IN THE SLOPE? Your view on Park Slope has always been so "I'm from Bay Ridge. We have manners!" or something. 7th and Sterling? Nice. Was it a crack den back then? I have heard these things about the neighborhood.Quote:
Hope you were around when The Gate was operational. That bar was like my office back in the day.post #11345 of 316404/11/12 at 6:11pmpost #11346 of 316404/11/12 at 6:19pmI used to live at the Gate, although I was far more comfortable at Farrell's in Windsor Terrace, who had the coldest beer in the world and would sell them in cups to go...I loved that place.
Yes, Park Slope for two years. It was post crack den Park Slope, but when I was there the hood still had a bit of an edge. It was far more artsy and edgy 10 years ago. Now its foo-foo and baby strollers (which is also migrating towards Bay Ridge, and to which I am a contributor). I lived on 6th Ave between 7th and 8th St before moving to 7th and Stirling. My wife and I (at the time my gf) moved from two apartments that were essentially glorified closets, to a three bedroom with a full terrace and BBQ here in Bay Rodge for half the price. We bought a place here a few years later, and now with two kids (and thoughts of one more) I'm kicking myself for not staying there.
My uncle owned a Brownstone on 2nd St between 8th and the Park, but sold it in the 70's for something silly like $30K, when it wasn't safe to walk below 8th Ave and walking through the Park was like walking through Sarajevo in the late 90's. He had his office on the ground floor and resided with his family upstairs, it was real classy from what I've seen/heard. Wish he held on to it.post #11347 of 316404/11/12 at 6:41pmpost #11348 of 316404/11/12 at 7:07pmI know there's basically a macro in this thread that triggers a response every few posts along the lines of "great stuff, Mike and Adele" but not for nothing. I picked up a Caine jacket on Friday and it's top-notch and so was the service, as always. Thanks again.
On the history tip: Carroll Gardens is so named as a nod to Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Maryland's most prominent citizen at the time of the signing of the Declaration. He never came to Brooklyn, but I did, and as a transplanted Marylander I dig the connection. I didn't know that a lot of those guys were trying to surrender, but, considering the Jersey, maybe the Hessians did them a favor.
Sorry. Back to thread.post #11349 of 316404/11/12 at 7:33pmpost #11350 of 316404/11/12 at 9:11pmpost #11351 of 316404/12/12 at 4:38amQuote:
Wow, The Gate - that brings back some memories. The last time I was there was about 5 years ago - we had a costume party at my place...one week before Halloween, but we ended up stumbling out and walking into The Gate. I swear I could hear the record scratch when I walked in there with Frankenstein makeup all over my face and rubber bolts taped to the side of my neck. One of my favorite spots around that area was Bar Reis, which was on 5th Ave right down the street, I think it was between 6th and 7th St....the owner was a friend of a friend and a really nice dude.Quote:
Haha...maybe you live in my old place. The brownstones on that block were really beautiful.post #11352 of 316404/12/12 at 8:41ampost #11353 of 316404/12/12 at 9:51amGreat history on Brooklyn everyone!
You know, most of our crew lives in the general neighborhood and we go out there quite a bit. We should organize an Epaulet Brooklyn meetup sometime soon. We could do it at the Jake Walk or so.
Park Slope is kind of a mystery to me though. Despite living on Bond street, I never seem to go up there. I should make the trip more.Quote:
Whoa, good catch! I just saw those yesterday on the stock shelf. Enjoy them!Quote:
Thank you sir, it was my pleasure!Quote:
Speckle Chambray is sadly gone for good - at least for this season. We've definitely got some more shirts coming though. I think that they'll land in the next two weeks or so.Quote:
They were ordered on the Leydon last, and I believe that they're unlined. With Leydon lasts, we typically run sizes 8D through 12D. I'm hoping that they'll come in soon!post #11354 of 316404/12/12 at 9:56amSouthwick / Walt Suit Separates
We received our Spring Southwick for Michael Kuhle collection, and the jackets are stunning! We've got seven styles in all. We'll plan to launch all of the sportcoats next week, but I'm going to try and put the Suiting jackets online tomorrow. They are:
Navy Super 120's: $595
Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid: $675
For the stock run, we did around 24 units of each jacket. I have more fabric to cut special orders as well. With wedding season coming up, I've had a lot of demand for these coats, and we probably won't get another stock delivery of them until early July.
We'll give priority to any customers who already own the trousers and are looking to complete their suits with the matching sportcoat. If you own either the Navy Super 120's trousers or the Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid trousers and you want a matching jacket, then please drop me a PM with your jacket size, and we'll do our best to ensure that one is reserved for you. I'll have photos of the jackets available by tomorrow morning. The Navy Super 120s jacket is the Weller shape (fully lined, two standard flap pockets) and the Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid jacket is the "Caine" shape (3/8 liner with ticket pocket).
Mikepost #11355 of 316404/12/12 at 10:12am
This is huge.
On a lyrical note, I had a thought about what a stunning feeling it could be watching somebody get married in a suit that you actually designed yourself. Or even just see someone in one of those screaming chinos in the street. Kinda like getting someone into the music you wrote. Or maybe you start taking it for granted with the lapse of time, I don't know
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Leather on van Bommel dress shoes discolored 10 seconds ago
- › Maomao x Gaz Italian Sartorial Adventure 2012 13 seconds ago
- › Good cobbler in Hong Kong? 22 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 47 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Parnis watches, which online retailer ? 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)