or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 757

post #11341 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

^ So cool NYR. I used to live on 5th Ave and 1st St, and wish I had known more about the history of that area sooner.

(Also I love your constant references to NYC humidity.)

LOL, you know it. I lived on Sterling and 7th for a while (the intersection of the huge plane crash in Dec 1960). My pad was so haunted, and it so helped me bag chicks (I was single then...)
post #11342 of 37449
Yeah very cool history lesson! I used to live on 3rd St. and 6th ave., and also lived on 5th ave. between 9th and 10th st. I had no idea I was living so close to where all this took place!
post #11343 of 37449
Thanks NYR
post #11344 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

LOL, you know it. I lived on Sterling and 7th for a while (the intersection of the huge plane crash in Dec 1960). My pad was so haunted, and it so helped me bag chicks (I was single then...)


YOU USED TO LIVE IN THE SLOPE? Your view on Park Slope has always been so "I'm from Bay Ridge. We have manners!" or something. 7th and Sterling? Nice. Was it a crack den back then? I have heard these things about the neighborhood.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Yeah very cool history lesson! I used to live on 3rd St. and 6th ave., and also lived on 5th ave. between 9th and 10th st. I had no idea I was living so close to where all this took place!


Hope you were around when The Gate was operational. That bar was like my office back in the day.

post #11345 of 37449
The Gate is still operational, as far as I know - I live right down the street from it, on 3rd and 6th as it so happens.
post #11346 of 37449
I used to live at the Gate, although I was far more comfortable at Farrell's in Windsor Terrace, who had the coldest beer in the world and would sell them in cups to go...I loved that place.

Yes, Park Slope for two years. It was post crack den Park Slope, but when I was there the hood still had a bit of an edge. It was far more artsy and edgy 10 years ago. Now its foo-foo and baby strollers (which is also migrating towards Bay Ridge, and to which I am a contributor). I lived on 6th Ave between 7th and 8th St before moving to 7th and Stirling. My wife and I (at the time my gf) moved from two apartments that were essentially glorified closets, to a three bedroom with a full terrace and BBQ here in Bay Rodge for half the price. We bought a place here a few years later, and now with two kids (and thoughts of one more) I'm kicking myself for not staying there.

My uncle owned a Brownstone on 2nd St between 8th and the Park, but sold it in the 70's for something silly like $30K, when it wasn't safe to walk below 8th Ave and walking through the Park was like walking through Sarajevo in the late 90's. He had his office on the ground floor and resided with his family upstairs, it was real classy from what I've seen/heard. Wish he held on to it.
post #11347 of 37449

Just snagged a pair of french blue rivets that showed up on the site in my size, thanks to whoever returned them... now my clothing budget is out the window.

post #11348 of 37449
I know there's basically a macro in this thread that triggers a response every few posts along the lines of "great stuff, Mike and Adele" but not for nothing. I picked up a Caine jacket on Friday and it's top-notch and so was the service, as always. Thanks again.

On the history tip: Carroll Gardens is so named as a nod to Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Maryland's most prominent citizen at the time of the signing of the Declaration. He never came to Brooklyn, but I did, and as a transplanted Marylander I dig the connection. I didn't know that a lot of those guys were trying to surrender, but, considering the Jersey, maybe the Hessians did them a favor.

Sorry. Back to thread.
post #11349 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie View Post

considering the Jersey, maybe the Hessians did them a favor.
Sorry. Back to thread.

You aint kiddin'. That was brutal stuff.
post #11350 of 37449
Hey Mike,

Any new shirt drops or a restock of the Speckled Charcoal Chambray?
post #11351 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post


Hope you were around when The Gate was operational. That bar was like my office back in the day.

Wow, The Gate - that brings back some memories. The last time I was there was about 5 years ago - we had a costume party at my place...one week before Halloween, but we ended up stumbling out and walking into The Gate. I swear I could hear the record scratch when I walked in there with Frankenstein makeup all over my face and rubber bolts taped to the side of my neck. One of my favorite spots around that area was Bar Reis, which was on 5th Ave right down the street, I think it was between 6th and 7th St....the owner was a friend of a friend and a really nice dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcarn View Post

The Gate is still operational, as far as I know - I live right down the street from it, on 3rd and 6th as it so happens.

Haha...maybe you live in my old place. The brownstones on that block were really beautiful.
post #11352 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe Blucher on the flex-welt sole

mike/matt - are the alden snuff suede ptb unlined? how is the sizing (leydon last?) if i primarily wear them without socks? also, when you think you will have them in stock? smile.gif thanks!
post #11353 of 37449
Great history on Brooklyn everyone!

You know, most of our crew lives in the general neighborhood and we go out there quite a bit. We should organize an Epaulet Brooklyn meetup sometime soon. We could do it at the Jake Walk or so.

Park Slope is kind of a mystery to me though. Despite living on Bond street, I never seem to go up there. I should make the trip more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkminusbear View Post

Just snagged a pair of french blue rivets that showed up on the site in my size, thanks to whoever returned them... now my clothing budget is out the window.

Whoa, good catch! I just saw those yesterday on the stock shelf. Enjoy them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie View Post

I know there's basically a macro in this thread that triggers a response every few posts along the lines of "great stuff, Mike and Adele" but not for nothing. I picked up a Caine jacket on Friday and it's top-notch and so was the service, as always. Thanks again.

Thank you sir, it was my pleasure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Hey Mike,
Any new shirt drops or a restock of the Speckled Charcoal Chambray?

Speckle Chambray is sadly gone for good - at least for this season. We've definitely got some more shirts coming though. I think that they'll land in the next two weeks or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfrog View Post

mike/matt - are the alden snuff suede ptb unlined? how is the sizing (leydon last?) if i primarily wear them without socks? also, when you think you will have them in stock? smile.gif thanks!

They were ordered on the Leydon last, and I believe that they're unlined. With Leydon lasts, we typically run sizes 8D through 12D. I'm hoping that they'll come in soon!
post #11354 of 37449
Southwick / Walt Suit Separates

Hey guys!

We received our Spring Southwick for Michael Kuhle collection, and the jackets are stunning! We've got seven styles in all. We'll plan to launch all of the sportcoats next week, but I'm going to try and put the Suiting jackets online tomorrow. They are:

Navy Super 120's: $595
Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid: $675

For the stock run, we did around 24 units of each jacket. I have more fabric to cut special orders as well. With wedding season coming up, I've had a lot of demand for these coats, and we probably won't get another stock delivery of them until early July.

We'll give priority to any customers who already own the trousers and are looking to complete their suits with the matching sportcoat. If you own either the Navy Super 120's trousers or the Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid trousers and you want a matching jacket, then please drop me a PM with your jacket size, and we'll do our best to ensure that one is reserved for you. I'll have photos of the jackets available by tomorrow morning. The Navy Super 120s jacket is the Weller shape (fully lined, two standard flap pockets) and the Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid jacket is the "Caine" shape (3/8 liner with ticket pocket).

Thanks!
Mike
post #11355 of 37449

This is huge. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

On a lyrical note, I had a thought about what a stunning feeling it could be watching somebody get married in a suit that you actually designed yourself. Or even just see someone in one of those screaming chinos in the street. Kinda like getting someone into the music you wrote. Or maybe you start taking it for granted with the lapse of time, I don't know sarcasm.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread