Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 5/24/16 at 4:50am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 747post #11191 of 538594/4/12 at 2:07pmpost #11192 of 538594/4/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Yes. It seems as if I am. I'll definitely let you know what I decided. My guess is that it will end up being a decision based on how the thigh and seat fit in one vs the other.Quote:
Great shirt. Have that one myself and wore in during our recent March heatwave. Looking forward to getting into it again. And in re. the dog. Must like you or something. That or looking for food.post #11193 of 538594/4/12 at 2:31pmDoes anyone have the Loro Piana Navy Window Pane Trousers and would be willing to snap some pics as to what they look like in the daylight? I want to pre-order some on the Rudy order but the pics on the website are dark. Just want to get a true feel for the color before I order, no returns on the Rudy's makes it tough. Thanks in advance.post #11194 of 538594/4/12 at 3:33pmpost #11195 of 538594/4/12 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by xr4ti
Does anyone have the Loro Piana Navy Window Pane Trousers and would be willing to snap some pics as to what they look like in the daylight? I want to pre-order some on the Rudy order but the pics on the website are dark. Just want to get a true feel for the color before I order, no returns on the Rudy's makes it tough. Thanks in advance.
I'm on the fence about the pre-order for these also. Ideally, a whole 3-piece suit it this fabric would magically make its way to the city by the bay.post #11196 of 538594/4/12 at 3:51pmHey Mike,
I think I mentioned previously that I'm going to return the gingham shirt that I bought but I was thinking about exchanging it for a pair of trousers or chinos. I'll probably order the Navy Windowpane Linen Walts but I'm also looking for a pair of summer trousers that might go with these green suede shoes I got recently and I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would be able to recommend something? I guess the French Blue or White would be great but any other suggestions, may be a bit more daring?
Slightly better pic of the colour.
Thankspost #11197 of 538594/4/12 at 3:52pmQuote:
Yea, that's about my only decision-making factor with these as well, thanks to their great ability for being let in or out in the waist. +1 for Epaulet's thoughtful design!post #11198 of 538594/4/12 at 4:16pmpost #11199 of 538594/4/12 at 4:18pmpost #11200 of 538594/4/12 at 4:20pmQuote:
I wear a medium in Epaulet and for a BD medium in WvG, I could get the shirt on, but I was literally about to bust a seam in the arms. WvG shirt had higher armholes and slimmer arms and slimmer through the chest. In contrast the AD in medium didn't have darts, so the waist was loose, still relatively slim though. But if you asking about construction and overall quality, the epaulet shirt is on a different level.post #11201 of 538594/4/12 at 4:37pmpost #11202 of 538594/4/12 at 4:58pm^^ Thanks Matt!
And we'll have fit pics for both of these shirts tomorrow. Just wanted to give you guys first crack at them as they're brand new and available in every size. The "Sunset Madras" is the same cloth as the new Spring '12 Madras that we're running. It's beautiful.Quote:Yup, they left Italy this week. If all goes well with customs, then we'll have them on-hand by next weekend. I'll keep you guys posted.Quote:I don't believe that we have any more Caramel in-bound for the next few deliveries, but we'll have a freaking ton of chinos for the next run. The new Duck Canvas color is "Leaf," which is a really gorgeous green. Less bold than the racing green that we did.
And we'll have a Walt Regiment Twill in "Golden Brown," which will hit that Caramel feeling. Both should be here by the end of the month.Quote:Very nice, we love this combo!Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I. Hate. You. I had a frind who was like this, if he didn't work out he'd be a skinny malink. Not sure which is more frustrating if I really think about it though.
I have a WK song on every workout mix I have, and on my "Last Day of School Mix" each June, I have to begin it with "Party Hard". Where is this?
Today I was ablaze, lots of compliments from the wominz and kids at work today:
These were taken out a bit in the waist (not the seat...stupid alterations lady up the street! and are about 1/4 inch too long and too thick in the cuff (its about 2.33" there)).
As for the dieting/working out, thanks for the tips...BG, I'mma pm you once I get home...and Mike, it could be worse, we could be Betsy Draper...o Betsy...
The show was at Webster Hall. Thank god we got drinks beforehand as hitting the bar there is a total PITA.
"Party Hard" is such a good tune. I'm an especially big fan of "You Will Remember Tonight" and "I Want to See You Go Wild" from his later albums too.
Blaze trousers and the gingham shirt look super-fresh. I love that bold color combo.Quote:Dig those red socks too!Quote:Originally Posted by sazon
I'm happy as hell that Epaulet is killing it these days, but it seems that many dudes on here are experiencing the same frustration that I am: Seems that if you're not ready at the switch the minute stuff drops, you're SOL.
There have been more than a few pieces over the past few months that I've been shut out of due to this phenonenom.
Good for my wallet I suppose, but bad for my Epaulet envy-factor when reading this thread.
Mike, as business expands is it possible to increase stock on new arrivals?Quote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Well for one thing, I think one of the great things about Epaulet stuff is that a lot of it is made only in small quantities.
There also seems to be a hit-or-miss factor to a lot of items though. On the one hand, the french blue and caramel chinos sold out lightning quick -- faster than anyone was expecting. On the other hand, the grey fair isle shirt was lauded by everyone and even picked up by a few blogs, but it didn't seem to sell very quickly and ultimately ended up on sale (and is still available in some sizes). Thus, expanding stock on new arrivals may be too risky a prospect at this stage in Epaulet's business.
Stanley pretty much nailed it. As a rule I'm generally conservative with ordering wholly new fabrics, so we do have certain items which hit a nerve and sell out quickly. But our Spring shirting line as a whole still has most sizes available in most fabrics, which is where it should be at this point in the season.
For trousers and chinos, I changed around our production schedule a bit. It used to be that we got BIG shipments every 8-12 weeks. I'd cut 70 pairs of a single pant at once. The problem with this is that we're locked into a size scale. If 30's sell out, then too bad. If someone wants a Rudy in that fabric, then too bad. Our new setup is to do regular monthly deliveries. Certain colors and fabrics will come and go, but basic items are generally refreshed in all sizes and special orders - including Rudy trousers - can be easily accommodated.
I hear you though. I never want our business to feel like a sneakerhead boutique, where nothing is ever in stock and it's all hype and artificial product shortages. They'll always be fast-selling things like Speckle Chambray's and Ravello Brixton boots, but I always endeavor to carry a well-targeted quantity of stock on each item.Quote:Very nice, hope that you had a great time!Quote:Very sharp! I dig the belt-less look too.
If you're in the market for a new P&S camera, check out the Ricoh GR Digital IV. I love this camera. Having the Iphone 4S makes a lot of P&S cameras kind of pointless, as the Iphone takes such killer daytime shots. But the Ricoh has a special look that separates it from the pack, and it's really fun to use.Quote:Originally Posted by adamadelaide
My first order from Epaulet arrived today! I ordered the navy canvas rivet chinos (34), a brown belt, white cutaway oxford (L), and Rudy Cramertons (34).
This will be no surprise to anyone here, but the rivets are fantastic, the fabric, fit, construction are all great. I was concerned they'd be too snug in the thigh, but whilst they're pretty slim on me, they're far from skin-tight territory and I'm really happy with how they look.
You can't really say too much about a belt, but the leather is beautiful and the construction is great.
The shirt (a large) is again really well made, and the fabric is great, though slightly too big for me in the neck (measured as 16.75, I'm guessing measurements on site are to middle of buttonhole rather than edge) and not quite as slim in the waist as I would prefer. I would slim down to a medium, but I'm concerned that the chest will be too tight (I'm just over a 40inch chest).
However, the Rudy Cramertons in a 34 appear to be larger than the measurements on the site. When laid flat, they're exactly 36 inches at the waist, rather than 35 as the size chart would indicate. Are the Cramertons cut differently to the others?
I'm pretty much exactly a natural 34" waist where I like trousers to sit, and I have quite big thighs/seat from the gym, so I tend to buy trousers marked as 34s and get them taken in slightly at the waist. Unfortunately, in this case, I think these are a little too big to be taken in without looking odd.
I'm otherwise thrilled with the fit and fabric, so this is a real disappointment. As I live in Australia, a return is not an easy (or cheap) proposition.
I was originally planning to pre-order some pants in other fabrics in the Rudy cut, depending on how my first pair turned out. Can any Rudy 33/34 owners provide some feedback regarding measurements and fit, particularly in the wools?
Thanks for all of the feedback, and glad that most of your order worked out. Drop me a quick PM with your name. 36" on the Cramertons definitely sounds oversized from where it should be. We'll get something sorted for you on those.Quote:Thank you sir, enjoy them!Quote:Yes, we'll actually shoot these tomorrow on Dylan. We didn't have the right shoes to do it last week, but we'll hook up some natural light fit pics on these and a few other trousers that don't have them shortly.Originally Posted by xr4ti
Does anyone have the Loro Piana Navy Window Pane Trousers and would be willing to snap some pics as to what they look like in the daylight? I want to pre-order some on the Rudy order but the pics on the website are dark. Just want to get a true feel for the color before I order, no returns on the Rudy's makes it tough. Thanks in advance.post #11203 of 538594/4/12 at 5:03pmpost #11204 of 538594/4/12 at 5:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dbear
I wear a medium in Epaulet and for a BD medium in WvG, I could get the shirt on, but I was literally about to bust a seam in the arms. WvG shirt had higher armholes and slimmer arms and slimmer through the chest. In contrast the AD in medium didn't have darts, so the waist was loose, still relatively slim though. But if you asking about construction and overall quality, the epaulet shirt is on a different level.
Thanks. Was trying to figure how the two differed in fit. I'm thinking a small would work for me then. How did the M Epaulet compare to the M BD at the waist?post #11205 of 538594/4/12 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I don't believe that we have any more Caramel in-bound for the next few deliveries, but we'll have a freaking ton of chinos for the next run. The new Duck Canvas color is "Leaf," which is a really gorgeous green. Less bold than the racing green that we did.
And we'll have a Walt Regiment Twill in "Golden Brown," which will hit that Caramel feeling. Both should be here by the end of the month.
Thanks for the response, Mike, but I'm looking for the Desert Ducks. I have some Caramel Ducks, already!
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › BNIB Kingsman by George Cleverley boots size 11UK scotch grain... 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding