Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 10/21/16 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 714post #10696 of 568363/20/12 at 8:02pmpost #10697 of 568363/20/12 at 8:15pmpost #10698 of 568363/20/12 at 8:17pmQuote:Mike, my wallet cannot take it anymore!Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks again for all of the well-wishes, Adele and I had a fantastic time in Italy. I'll post up some shots from our trip tomorrow.
And I'm officially back at work, and good lord, do we have a lot of good stuff here for you. Keep an eye out for all of this in the next 2-3 days:
The Cotton Walt collection: six colors of awesome twill Walt's for $150
Wouldn't a cotton Walt be essentially the chinos?
I was surprised they even made it online. I thought all were spoken for already.post #10699 of 568363/20/12 at 8:18pmpost #10700 of 568363/20/12 at 8:20pmpost #10701 of 568363/20/12 at 9:15pm
Thanks for asking. They're similar, and there's a bit of crossover. But here's the main differences:
7oz year-round cotton twill cloth. Very traditional "chino" fabric with a soft hand.
Medium rise and Walt fit
Double Curtain waistband
Done in a range of canvas and casual fabrics (wait until you guys see what we roll out next!)
Lower-rise slim-straight fit (similar to a jean)
Single curtain, slimmer waistband
Button fly and outseam taping
We developed these programs to offer our customers a bunch of great cotton, machine-washable trouser options. We'll constantly run basics in both styles (navy, khaki, gunmetal), and then they'll be a bunch of special colors and fabrics that come and go.
The Rivet Chinos are often worn instead of denim. They're a more casual pant overall, although plenty of guys dress them up when needed.
The Cotton Walts are more business-casual than the Rivet Chinos. They hold a shirt in beautifully and they'll look entirely appropriate with dressier looks.
Some guys prefer the Rivet Chino fit vs. the Walt fit, but the majority of our customers can wear both equally well.
And wait until you see the Brick Red Cotton Walt. Good lord. It's so freaking perfect. We'll put those online this Thursday.post #10702 of 568363/20/12 at 9:34pmpost #10703 of 568363/20/12 at 11:19pmForgive me if this has been answered but what are the 6 colours of Walts landing on thursday?
edit : nevermind this was answered by a very helpful new user, pekingman, via PM. http://www.styleforum.net/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/10365#post_5265705
Edited by Jimbosaurus - 3/21/12 at 1:15ampost #10704 of 568363/21/12 at 12:17am
According to this post (#10372) the six colors should be Navy, Brick, Cloud, Blaze, Khaki, and Gunmetal (clockwise from top-left)
Sigh. Now I have to choose between the gunmetal rivets and gunmetal twill cotton Walts (well maybe *have to* is a little strong ....)post #10705 of 568363/21/12 at 2:26amI really like the look of the duck canvas but I have not been able to commit yet. I'm a Rudy guy, and I worry about the fit. I think my main concern is that the rise of the chinos will be too low for me. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried a major alteration of the rise of the chinos, and how well that worked.post #10706 of 568363/21/12 at 3:02ampost #10707 of 568363/21/12 at 5:29ampost #10708 of 568363/21/12 at 6:39ampost #10709 of 568363/21/12 at 6:49amQuote:
As others have said, an Epaulet Medium is probably great for you. I have the same measurements as you, and an Epaulet Medium and Ashland/Gitman Small fit me perfectly.
Just to highlight something -- for a lot of us, the extra few inches of rise is really a key difference. And having Walt-like construction at the $150 price point is an awesome deal.post #10710 of 568363/21/12 at 8:06am
Anyone else have this issue? My gunmetals (worn about 4 times), are ripping near the left pocket where the top pocket lining connects to the side of the pant. The right pocket does not have this issue, should i be worried about this? I have no idea how this happened, I'm kind of mad actually
EDIT: Epaulet will take care of minor issue i had, disregard this post
Edited by ibitegirls - 3/21/12 at 12:27pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 7 seconds ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Canali Kei Sports Coat 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 17 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 17 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...