Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:02 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 714post #10696 of 316403/20/12 at 8:02pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #10697 of 316403/20/12 at 8:15pmpost #10698 of 316403/20/12 at 8:17pmQuote:Mike, my wallet cannot take it anymore!Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks again for all of the well-wishes, Adele and I had a fantastic time in Italy. I'll post up some shots from our trip tomorrow.
And I'm officially back at work, and good lord, do we have a lot of good stuff here for you. Keep an eye out for all of this in the next 2-3 days:
The Cotton Walt collection: six colors of awesome twill Walt's for $150
Wouldn't a cotton Walt be essentially the chinos?
I was surprised they even made it online. I thought all were spoken for already.post #10699 of 316403/20/12 at 8:18pmpost #10700 of 316403/20/12 at 8:20pmpost #10701 of 316403/20/12 at 9:15pm
Thanks for asking. They're similar, and there's a bit of crossover. But here's the main differences:
7oz year-round cotton twill cloth. Very traditional "chino" fabric with a soft hand.
Medium rise and Walt fit
Double Curtain waistband
Done in a range of canvas and casual fabrics (wait until you guys see what we roll out next!)
Lower-rise slim-straight fit (similar to a jean)
Single curtain, slimmer waistband
Button fly and outseam taping
We developed these programs to offer our customers a bunch of great cotton, machine-washable trouser options. We'll constantly run basics in both styles (navy, khaki, gunmetal), and then they'll be a bunch of special colors and fabrics that come and go.
The Rivet Chinos are often worn instead of denim. They're a more casual pant overall, although plenty of guys dress them up when needed.
The Cotton Walts are more business-casual than the Rivet Chinos. They hold a shirt in beautifully and they'll look entirely appropriate with dressier looks.
Some guys prefer the Rivet Chino fit vs. the Walt fit, but the majority of our customers can wear both equally well.
And wait until you see the Brick Red Cotton Walt. Good lord. It's so freaking perfect. We'll put those online this Thursday.post #10702 of 316403/20/12 at 9:34pmpost #10703 of 316403/20/12 at 11:19pmForgive me if this has been answered but what are the 6 colours of Walts landing on thursday?
edit : nevermind this was answered by a very helpful new user, pekingman, via PM. http://www.styleforum.net/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/10365#post_5265705
Edited by Jimbosaurus - 3/21/12 at 1:15ampost #10704 of 316403/21/12 at 12:17am
According to this post (#10372) the six colors should be Navy, Brick, Cloud, Blaze, Khaki, and Gunmetal (clockwise from top-left)
Sigh. Now I have to choose between the gunmetal rivets and gunmetal twill cotton Walts (well maybe *have to* is a little strong ....)post #10705 of 316403/21/12 at 2:26amI really like the look of the duck canvas but I have not been able to commit yet. I'm a Rudy guy, and I worry about the fit. I think my main concern is that the rise of the chinos will be too low for me. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried a major alteration of the rise of the chinos, and how well that worked.post #10706 of 316403/21/12 at 3:02ampost #10707 of 316403/21/12 at 5:29ampost #10708 of 316403/21/12 at 6:39ampost #10709 of 316403/21/12 at 6:49amQuote:
As others have said, an Epaulet Medium is probably great for you. I have the same measurements as you, and an Epaulet Medium and Ashland/Gitman Small fit me perfectly.
Just to highlight something -- for a lot of us, the extra few inches of rise is really a key difference. And having Walt-like construction at the $150 price point is an awesome deal.post #10710 of 316403/21/12 at 8:06am
Anyone else have this issue? My gunmetals (worn about 4 times), are ripping near the left pocket where the top pocket lining connects to the side of the pant. The right pocket does not have this issue, should i be worried about this? I have no idea how this happened, I'm kind of mad actually
EDIT: Epaulet will take care of minor issue i had, disregard this post
Edited by ibitegirls - 3/21/12 at 12:27pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 19 minutes ago
- › Sunday lunch: thoughts on outfit 19 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)