or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 710

post #10636 of 57807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjota View Post

Navy polos, eh. Make a garnet- or maroon- or burgundy-colored polo!

Oh you bet. We'll definitely launch with a burgundy or bordeaux color. That's my personal favorite in polo-dom, and it looks great with pretty much everything. To start, I'll probably run Navy, Burgundy, and some kind of bold color. I'm a big fan of a blood orange or rust tone, especially for the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Make 'em say UHHHHH NA NA NA NAAAAA!
Wore my gray chinos today. Also sporting the CdG from Epaulet to carry my cell phones. Going to be a rainy weekend in SoCal frown.gif That's why I looked sad.

You know, the last time that I was in LA, I really had to struggle to NOT purchase a mint-condition Master P doll in the box.

It was really hard to resist. I mean, you pulled on a string and he said "UUGGGGHHHHHH." I really like both irony and the occasional horrible rap song. But being married often means that you bring less stupid shit home, for better or for worse.

Chinos are looking boss, and glad that you're getting good use out that CDG case!
post #10637 of 57807
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post


Make 'em say UHHHHH NA NA NA NAAAAA!
Wore my gray chinos today. Also sporting the CdG from Epaulet to carry my cell phones. Going to be a rainy weekend in SoCal frown.gif That's why I looked sad.
mkzp13.jpg



I thought it never rains in Southern California smile.gif

post #10638 of 57807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post

>>USPS to most European destinations usually involves some sort of customs tax. In places like Australia, Hong Kong, and Ireland, the boxes often arrive tax free. With shipments to Canada, there's often some duty, but it's usually reasonable given the NAFTA agreement and the fact that most things we offer are made in the USA.
We don't use UPS, FedEx, or other private carries for International shipping. Not only will you be liable for the same tax, but they typically levy a customs brokerage charge on top of it. USPS goes through your local carrier, so there's no brokerage or additional fees. It's very reliable too.<<
I always have to go through Parcelforce. They are reliable, as you say, and I appreciate that. I don't much enjoy paying the tax and customs in the UK, but that is my problem. I choose to live here.

Most mayor online retailers does the TBS trick, so the vat is lower.

The danish postal service has a brokerage fee, so the lower vat the better.
post #10639 of 57807

Film Noir (et Blanc)

 

2012.03.17

 

Epaulet Navy Pindot Button-Up

post #10640 of 57807
^^^nice K, I'm looking at which shirts I need to pick up and keep coming back to a pindot along with a few staples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

But being married often means that you bring less stupid shit home, for better or for worse.

QFT.

Happy St Patty'd Day people. Cramertons today, in the SF approved pose:
35123f27.jpg
post #10641 of 57807

^ Nice one, R! One of your best—and not just sayin' to return a favor. Deets on the shirt and kicks as well? (Assuming the latter are JPs, though I can't be sure since I'm no sneaker expert.)

 

Happy St. Patty's Day!

post #10642 of 57807
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post

^ Nice one, R! One of your best—and not just sayin' to return a favor. Deets on the shirt and kicks as well? (Assuming the latter are JPs, though I can't be sure since I'm no sneaker expert.)

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Thanks man, and yup they are JPs for JV, older than my kids. The shirt is Self Edge Black Denim I scooped off B&S...this will be one of those pieces I'll wear to death.
post #10643 of 57807
Is anyone on here capable of working with 2 sizes on the trousers? I'm a 31, and I usually go with a 32 on the Walt. I usually have the waist taken in .5 inch and taper the thighs and rear a bit. I'm thinking I can probably do a 30 and let out 1.5 inches or so and still be OK. Just curious to see how others are doing it.
post #10644 of 57807


I'm a true 31 and wear a 30 in  the Walts. The waist on those is actually 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Is anyone on here capable of working with 2 sizes on the trousers? I'm a 31, and I usually go with a 32 on the Walt. I usually have the waist taken in .5 inch and taper the thighs and rear a bit. I'm thinking I can probably do a 30 and let out 1.5 inches or so and still be OK. Just curious to see how others are doing it.


 

post #10645 of 57807
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidamerica17 View Post


I'm a true 31 and wear a 30 in  the Walts. The waist on those is actually 31.



 

Interesting. What size are you in the chinos? The 31 fits me nicely with the old chinos. I have to let out about an inch on the new models.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the thighs may be too tight on a size 30 Walt.


On an unrelated note, this random spending has got to stop! frown.gif I saw a pair of Caramel Duck Chinos appeared in a size 31 and thought it was a sign to buy. Additionally, I also bought the Harris Tweed. The texture looks amazing in the pictures. I won't be able to wear them until after Halloween probably, haha.
post #10646 of 57807


I'm a 31 in the rivets too. If I recall the waist measurements for the 31 rivets is 31.5 and the 30 Walts is 31.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post


Interesting. What size are you in the chinos? The 31 fits me nicely with the old chinos. I have to let out about an inch on the new models.
The only thing I'm worried about is that the thighs may be too tight on a size 30 Walt.
On an unrelated note, this random spending has got to stop! frown.gif I saw a pair of Caramel Duck Chinos appeared in a size 31 and thought it was a sign to buy. Additionally, I also bought the Harris Tweed. The texture looks amazing in the pictures. I won't be able to wear them until after Halloween probably, haha.


 

post #10647 of 57807
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

....On an unrelated note, this random spending has got to stop! frown.gif I saw a pair of Caramel Duck Chinos appeared in a size 31 and thought it was a sign to buy. Additionally, I also bought the Harris Tweed. The texture looks amazing in the pictures. I won't be able to wear them until after Halloween probably, haha.


So that was you then ...  I had the rivet chino page open on my browser and went to show my girlfriend the caramel ducks, and came up with a "page does not exist" error. Now she thinks I am even imagining new Epaulet pants :)  They weren't my size in any case - I just wanted to show her the color.

 

I'm thinking hard at the moment about those linen trousers. The scarlet red is just awesome - but I' sure I'll get more use out the the steel gray..... Get both is the simple answer of course - but then I'm still waiting for the restock on the gunmetal and caramel duck ....

post #10648 of 57807
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Additionally, I also bought the Harris Tweed. The texture looks amazing in the pictures. I won't be able to wear them until after Halloween probably, haha.


Those are so awesome. They're beautiful and fully lined -- like a wearable furnace.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Is anyone on here capable of working with 2 sizes on the trousers? I'm a 31, and I usually go with a 32 on the Walt. I usually have the waist taken in .5 inch and taper the thighs and rear a bit. I'm thinking I can probably do a 30 and let out 1.5 inches or so and still be OK. Just curious to see how others are doing it.

 

I'm a true 31, and after flirting with buying 31s for a couple of years, I'm back on the 32 bandwagon. I just like having a tad bit of additional room for tucking in shirts, and always wear a belt with my chinos, jeans, and trousers. (Although with denim I size down because of The Dreaded Stretch.)

 

With the Walts, I'd encourage sizing up to a 32. Cotton trousers, when taken out, can show a stitch line down the back on certain fabrics. To be honest, if there's a trouser I love that sold out in a Walt 32, I just buy the Walt 33 or 34 and have the waist taken in. The measurements are similar enough. Now that the chinos have seam allowances, I'll be able to do that as well. (Getting something taken in more than one size away, though, isn't a good idea because of pocket placement.)

 

Bear in mind, also, that some prefer different waist measurements based on different rises, but just going with 32s on everything Epaulet makes has worked very well for me.

post #10649 of 57807
Couple pics from Roanoke's St. Patty's Day festival yesterday. Obviously I missed the memo to wear green! Instead, I'm wearing an Epaulet shirt and rivet chinos(no good pics of the chinos, sorry!). Was a perfect day outside for me and the lady to go do some day-drinking and smoke cigars.

12+-+1
12+-+1
post #10650 of 57807
Cool pics, pretty lady, nice shirt!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread