Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 687post #10292 of 594163/5/12 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by JamesBeardTx
Does anyone have experience with the Cramerton cloth Rudys? I received mine this weekend, and they fit a lot baggier in the waist/seat/thigh than my wool Rudys do. Has anyone else had this problem? I saw someone who said they hot washed/dried theirs and that did the trick, but I don't know if I want to resort to that.
I had the Cramerton cloth Rudys, and they didn't feel significantly baggier than my other wool Rudys. But if you want to shrink them, if you wash and dry them that should do the trick. But, you have to be careful because depending on the temperature and your washer/dryer settings, you can't really be sure exactly how much they will shrink. A cold wash, hang dry generally will not shrink them, but a hot wash and hot dry will definitely shrink them at least a little bit, but hopefully not more than you are looking to shrink them.
Just checked the tracking on my Caramel Ducks, should be here today...can't wait to try these things out!post #10293 of 594163/5/12 at 9:34am"You can buy these true to size. Shrinkage or exceptional stretching is not a concern for the waist and top block. You can expect the inseam to shrink approximately a half inch after washing, so please wash them before you get them hemmed to ensure the correct length. "
Left my fresh pants at the tailor's.. and she is not picking up the phone like she does when she is at workpost #10294 of 594163/5/12 at 9:54amMy Frech Blue canvas ducks finally arrived. I decided to go with a size up from my normal Rivet Chino size of 32 to give the sewn-on buttons less stress to deal with (also, size 32s sold out in a few nano-seconds) and they fit perfectly. So I guess I'm a size 33 in Rivet Chinos now. (not exactly great for the ego having magically gained an inch at the waist...)
I was prepared for raw denim level of stiffness in these duck canvas chinos, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how relatively soft they feel. And they seem to be only slightly heavier than the regular canvas, so they should work in the summer.
I also ordered a pair of desert ducks for my cousin and unfortunately they fit way smaller than a pair of khaki canvas Rivet Chinos he has in the same size (29). Seems to be about 2 inches too small as he can't come close to buttoning them up. The khaki canvas he has was not tight for him at all at the waist, so this is a little strange. He'll determine if he wants to get it let-out or exchange for a larger size tonight. Kind of a bummer for him.
I think these new Rivet Chinos are great, and I'm probably going to try to get a pair in plum even though I have no idea how I'd wear that color.post #10295 of 594163/5/12 at 10:05ampost #10296 of 594163/5/12 at 10:19ampost #10297 of 594163/5/12 at 10:49ampost #10298 of 594163/5/12 at 12:09pmpost #10299 of 594163/5/12 at 1:42pmpost #10300 of 594163/5/12 at 1:57pmpost #10301 of 594163/5/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
They arrived a couple hours ago. I'm lucky a pair of the 29s popped up, these fit perfectly. The olive color is a lighter green than I was expecting from the website pictures, but that's not a big deal. And the fabric feel is so incredibly soft - I feel like I'm walking in lotion.
post #10302 of 594163/5/12 at 2:21pm+1
It's miserable being in the 35-36 waist range and a 44 chest (and I wouldn't even call myself fat). Most everything I love to wear is just an inch too small for me everywhere.
I took my racing green canvas chinos to get the thighs and calves let out and they still feel a little too tight in both places but also the waist too. The donegals had a little more stretch to them where I could pull them off without altering the waist, but I may have to go and get the waist let out on these canvas chinos as there just isn't a lot of stretch to them.
Mike, any chance of a second batch of those red and blue Armor Lux shirts coming in (at least an XL one?).post #10303 of 594163/5/12 at 2:42pm
I decided to get my Salinger's re-soled with a double leather sole. Took them to B Nelson here in NYC. Pricey, but well worth the cash. I'm not even kidding myself into thinking I'm half decent at photography. These pics were taken with an iPhone 3GS. Worn since the first delivery arrived back in November. Gonna polish them up tonight. These are the Caramel Calf variety.post #10304 of 594163/5/12 at 2:47pmpost #10305 of 594163/5/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
I honestly haven't even put them on. Been running around all day. I'll probably try them out tomorrow and will give you guys a full report! I love how they came out. The new sole makes them look a bit more English.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › How to make darts less noticeable? 21 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Navy tux with brown or black shoes? Wedding 28 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 39 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 43 minutes ago
- › Luigi Bianchi Mantova vs. Lubiam vs. L.B.M. 1911 44 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 44 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 54 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...