or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 69

post #1021 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
Have any of you guys done this before?

Yes, Baltimore County court. They kept us until about 2 and let us go. This was before I had an iPhone so I couldn't even distract myself. The only entertainment was a small wall mounted TV that they showed Second Hand Lions on about 2 or 3 times in succession.

That was after the middle school-esqe video telling us why jury duty is so important and crucial to the justice system.

Oh we did get paid for the day though...

$15.
post #1022 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianja View Post
Yes... I have. I did state supreme court jury duty on Jay Street about a year ago.

I spent a day sitting there. I was called up to a court room around 1:00pm. They questioned some people and let me go back to the pool after about an hour. Around 3:00 they told everyone still in the pool they were finished and could go home.

God, I hope that's how it goes down for me. Are you self-employed? Any reason that they didn't pick you?
post #1023 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtemple View Post
Yes, Baltimore County court. They kept us until about 2 and let us go. This was before I had an iPhone so I couldn't even distract myself. The only entertainment was a small wall mounted TV that they showed Second Hand Lions on about 2 or 3 times in succession.

That was after the middle school-esqe video telling us why jury duty is so important and crucial to the justice system.

Oh we did get paid for the day though...

$15.

I'm geared up here - iPhone, laptop, and chargers for both. Brought the economist too.

The middle school video was pretty awesome! I liked their tale of medieval torture trials. It wasn't too different from the usual episode of 24.

The guy who is moderating the process is pretty awesome. Dude has jokes. He's rocking a hardcore Boys II Men outfit and a pair of huge Dolce glasses (I know that from the enormous DG on the side of his frames). He's acutally really funny, but he's clearly heard it all before.

I've been putting this off for 10 years, so I had to bite the bullet eventually.
post #1024 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
God, I hope that's how it goes down for me. Are you self-employed? Any reason that they didn't pick you?

I suffer from chronic migraines. Up in the courtroom they asked if there was any reason why anyone felt that they might not be able to give their full and undivided attention to the trial if selected. I explained that, while I felt jury duty was important, if I had a migraine on any day of the trial it would be completely impossible for me to concentrate on the trial and that I didn't this that was fair to either side. I hadn't thought that it could be a problem until they brought up the question.

They asked what medications I was on and when I told them what and the dosages they sent me back downstairs.
post #1025 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
I'm geared up here - iPhone, laptop, and chargers for both. Brought the economist too.

The middle school video was pretty awesome! I liked their tale of medieval torture trials. It wasn't too different from the usual episode of 24.

The guy who is moderating the process is pretty awesome. Dude has jokes. He's rocking a hardcore Boys II Men outfit and a pair of huge Dolce glasses (I know that from the enormous DG on the side of his frames). He's acutally really funny, but he's clearly heard it all before.

I've been putting this off for 10 years, so I had to bite the bullet eventually.

Haha, great descritpion. Boys II Men brings me back. Just tell them you must get back to send out my trousers, because if not, that is the biggest injustice of all!

I was served with a warrent for not responding to my call once since I was away vacationing in South America for a month at the time. My mom was all worried wondering what happened when they came looking for me. They were wondering and asking her if I had fled the country. Fun times.
post #1026 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post
Haha, great descritpion. Boys II Men brings me back. Just tell them you must get back to send out my trousers, because if not, that is the biggest injustice of all!

I was served with a warrent for not responding to my call once since I was away vacationing in South America for a month at the time. My mom was all worried wondering what happened when they came looking for me. They were wondering and asking her if I had fled the country. Fun times.

Wow, I've avoided the warrant so far. Living in NYC, I was moving every few years, so they never caught up with my correct address until now.

While I'm here, I'm doing some touch-up on our site, and I noticed that Flickr's having some problems this morning. I use them to host all my large images and cover images, so apologies to anyone in the Epaulet online shop who can't see jack. It should be back full-force once Flickr comes back online.
post #1027 of 57857
Should've just used Larry David's method of escaping jury duty.
post #1028 of 57857
how are the rudy jeans coming? My kmws are starting to show some wear so I'll probably get a new pair of dark raws soon.
post #1029 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycep View Post
Hey, just wanted to say that I got my EP's in Indigo the other day... they are wonderful. Quality of denim and construction seems top-notch. Just waiting to get them back from being hemmed, but wanted to say thanks for putting out solid jeans at solid price. Poor college kids appreciate it.

Hey thanks so much for picking them up! We're gonna keep on making solid, well-priced pieces. Lots more to come this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianja View Post
Yes... I have. I did state supreme court jury duty on Jay Street about a year ago.

I spent a day sitting there. I was called up to a court room around 1:00pm. They questioned some people and let me go back to the pool after about an hour. Around 3:00 they told everyone still in the pool they were finished and could go home.

And I have been officially released! I had a civil car crash case hanging over my head. Could have knocked me out for three or four weeks. But I was combative and clearly biased towards the defense. They let me go for the next 8 years.

What a crazy experience. It's like a job interview for a job you absolutely don't want to get. Glad that it's over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynch View Post
how are the rudy jeans coming?
My kmws are starting to show some wear so I'll probably get a new pair of dark raws soon.

I should get my first sample this week. I'm pretty sure that we'll have to tweak that a bit. Right now, I'm shooting to have them in-store realistically by end of April.
post #1030 of 57857
I actually enjoyed the jury duty I did a few years ago, but I'm a law student. This was a sexual assault case in Long Beach, California. I was idle at the time, however, and productive citizens like Mike should not be wasted on juries.
post #1031 of 57857
Props to Mike and Adele for being awesome. Got my saddle's today and couldn't be happier! Oh, and I've been trying to get on a jury FOREVER but for some reason I never get selected. It may have to do with me quoting a lot of scripture but who knows.
post #1032 of 57857
Nice, a restock on the blue oxfords! Are there any other colors coming or should I go ahead get the blue?
post #1033 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ill View Post
Nice, a restock on the blue oxfords! Are there any other colors coming or should I go ahead get the blue?

Ah yes, we're doing a huge site update today. We've also got Lilac (buttondown collar) and White (point collar). I'll put up a notice once everything is live.
post #1034 of 57857
i know how much people hate this but how are your shirts cut vs. like band of outsiders or gitman?
post #1035 of 57857
Woa... I had forgotten how full on that exploded plaid was. That's crikey bright.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread