or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

post #1 of 31868
Thread Starter 

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce our latest affiliate, Epaulet ( www.epauletnewyork.com ).

Epaulet is a men and women's boutique in Brooklyn opened in 2008 by Adele, a former assistant buyer and a modern dancer, and Mike, a photographer and former buyer as well, which specialized in domestic and independent designers. At the heart of Epaulet is the growing in-house collection that is crafted in "small batches."

Mike and Adele try to use the best fabrics possible in the "Small batch" shirt and tie collections, which are entirely made in the United States, and sold exclusively at Epaulet. The philosophy is that by selling direct to customers, Epaulet is able to offer beautiful, well-crafted items at very good prices.

In keeping with the Styleforum tradition of working closely with our affiliates, we are going to start off with two shirt designs made exclusively for Styleforum. There will be 20 of each shirt made based on the member feedback on several fabrics, collar styles, and button types that Mike and I have narrowed down. The polling will be conducted in both Men's Clothing and Streetwear and Denim.

Enjoy,

Fok.

post #2 of 31868
Sounds awesome! Is the red oxford cloth in the epaulet banner one of the options? It's beautiful.
post #3 of 31868
Thread Starter 
You'll see all of the options tomorrow!
post #4 of 31868
Red gingham plox
post #5 of 31868
good stuff, i like the idea and the shirts available on their website look awesome! best part is the model used in the fit pictures isn't 6'1" 140lbs...
post #6 of 31868
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
good stuff, i like the idea and the shirts available on their website look awesome!

The shirts fit well for slimmish guys. I am a true 38 chest, and a 31" waist (closer to 31.5" these days), and the small fits great around the torso, and is slightly tight at the shoulders and chest, which is sort of the way I like it. However, if you are a 37" chest or so, or are a 38 and don't work out, a small would be a perfect, slim, fit. The arms are slim, but not restrictively so like, say, Geller.
post #7 of 31868
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
The shirts fit well for slimmish guys. I am a true 38 chest, and a 31" waist (closer to 31.5" these days), and the small fits great around the torso, and is slightly tight at the shoulders and chest, which is sort of the way I like it. However, if you are a 37" chest or so, or are a 38 and don't work out, a small would be a perfect, slim, fit. The arms are slim, but not restrictively so like, say, Geller.

that's good to hear, but i am more of the models size 6' 185lbs and the large looks like it will fit perfectly. it's also good to know the arms aren't too slim because no one should ever feel like they might pull a hulk when wearing their shirt...
post #8 of 31868
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
that's good to hear, but i am more of the models size 6' 185lbs and the large looks like it will fit perfectly. it's also good to know the arms aren't too slim because no one should ever feel like they might pull a hulk when wearing their shirt...

Hulk action should be reserved for jackets. Seriously, I am nearly always a size 38/48EU. But when I put on the Robert Geller toggle jacket, the arms were scuba suit tight, testing blood pressure tight. And I am not really that muscular a guy.
post #9 of 31868
let me know how they fit tooch, I'm similiar measurements
post #10 of 31868
LA Guy, do they make shirts in sizes below small?
post #11 of 31868
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
that's good to hear, but i am more of the models size 6' 185lbs and the large looks like it will fit perfectly. it's also good to know the arms aren't too slim because no one should ever feel like they might pull a hulk when wearing their shirt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
let me know how they fit tooch, I'm similiar measurements

If you like the fit on the model, I'd go for the large. If you want a more "shrunken shirt/Band-of-Outsiders" fit, size down to a medium.
post #12 of 31868
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Hulk action should be reserved for jackets. Seriously, I am nearly always a size 38/48EU. But when I put on the Robert Geller toggle jacket, the arms were scuba suit tight, testing blood pressure tight. And I am not really that muscular a guy.

Hahaha...All I can picture right now is that scene from Tommy Boy, when Chris Farley puts on David Spade's jacket and keeps going, "Fat guy in a little coat, fat guy in a little coat!". Anyways, I look forward to seeing the options tomorrow, you are taking the custom clothing market to a whole new level, Fok!
post #13 of 31868
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post
LA Guy, do they make shirts in sizes below small?

I'm not sure. This is a question Mike will have to answer. BTW, the small fits like the first picture on me (5'11", 163 lbs):

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...tondown/Detail
post #14 of 31868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
let me know how they fit tooch, I'm similiar measurements

i will, but after the old man gets his money first!
post #15 of 31868
nice! I met Mike last year and saw some of his shirts when they were in pre-production sample mode. Looked like good stuff and is one of those guys you can't go wrong throwing some support to.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread