or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Church's Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Church's Appreciation Thread - Page 17

post #241 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

4 times?, That sounds great.  Did you take them to your cobbler or to the factory?

Oh, me being a miser I had them done by my local cobbler. in hindsight I should have opted for factory resoles
post #242 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post


Oh, me being a miser I had them done by my local cobbler. in hindsight I should have opted for factory resoles

Is  fit the same after so many resoles in a cobbler (good one I supose)?. Thanks

post #243 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

Is  fit the same after so many resoles in a cobbler (good one I supose)?. Thanks

Same. But the cobbler just stitched over the old welt without using the old holes so not that nice. But at 1/4 the price of a factory resole what can I say 😭
post #244 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post


Same. But the cobbler just stitched over the old welt without using the old holes so not that nice. But at 1/4 the price of a factory resole what can I say 

Well that is the normal thing to do unless you change the welt and sticth it to the canvas strip again in the factory.  Hope you do not loose the outsole one day, lol.

post #245 of 392

Self-serving PSA. I have a nearly new pair of burgundy Chetwynd 9.5 C that need a new home. A really great deal for a Style forum member. Now, back to your regular programming.

 


Edited by smfdoc - 1/30/16 at 7:23am
post #246 of 392

post #247 of 392
Zapasman

Are those Grafton? Which last? Look great, I found the 173 the most suitable for my feet, maybe the 100 is more comfortable but looks too bulky.

Best

JM
post #248 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUAN MANUEL View Post

Zapasman

Are those Grafton? Which last? Look great, I found the 173 the most suitable for my feet, maybe the 100 is more comfortable but looks too bulky.

Best

JM

Yes, 100 last. I have tried on 173 last and is sleeker by far.   Gunboat shoes, which I like.

post #249 of 392
Here are my Grafton in Walnut Calf bought from Herrings in 173 last.

Fantastic shoes, they make an statement wherever you go, and in case of emergency you can break your opponent's shinbones with a kick. I also own a pair in crup (cordovan for brits) in burgundy; both in leather sole. Church's also makes them in Dainite and in polish binder, a material that I don't like but is useful in rainy places as some members highlighted.

Mr. Hugo Jacomet from The Parisian Gentleman blog has very warm words for this shoe.






post #250 of 392



My Church's "Houston" Chelsea boots and my beloved "Diplomats"
post #251 of 392

Ketsby booties.  Its Polished Binder for good parties rock!!

post #252 of 392
[IMG]

Churchs Book Binder leather wont crack as some shoe aficionados may suggest.
post #253 of 392
Here my Church´s Consul in brown suede in the 173 last in F, brushed after every use. Solid shoe, handsome shape, the 173 last is very comfortable for my feet without being bulky. Purchased from Herrings, excellent service.




post #254 of 392

Just received these:

post #255 of 392
Nice Nikola. Dainite?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Church's Appreciation Thread