or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Steroids in Bodybuilding...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steroids in Bodybuilding... - Page 3

post #31 of 235
aesthetics, vanity, etc.
post #32 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
i used tren 3 times and kept all the gains/fat loss i got from it. amazing shit if you don;t mind kennel cough and feeling like shit.

sounds shitty.

I think I'd be down to take something in my mid-late 30's if things start going downhill, like I hear they do... but I'd only want enough to keep what I have going on right now at 26. What could I take to maintain, HGH? Anything that doesn't require shots? I almost pass out whenever I get one.
post #33 of 235
Amazing and disgusting
post #34 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tck13 View Post
That's not even a logical comparison. The results from a quick google search for doing steroids aren't even comparable to what might happen from playing a sport. Physical activity is healthy overall.


It is a logical comparison. "Steroids" is a pretty general term and you'll have to define what you mean when you say it. Just as "playing football' is a pretty general term. Professional athletes have a wide range of debilitating injuries from their sports. Some have severe concussions that eventually lead to neurological disorders in the future. Do some research on brain scans of football players. Then there are kids who play high school for fun or whatevers, they might have some minor injuries but it's no big deal.

Likewise, there's a large segment of the population doing what you might consider "steroids" and doing just fine. Not everybody suffers from shrunken balls, bitch tits and liver failure. You can go lurk some online forums right now and you'll find a lot of normal people taking mild testosterone boosters, prohormones, even AAS under proper supervision and precautions and doing just fine.

I would never want to fuck with that type of stuff but I'm not so ignorant as make broad generalizations about "steroids" and then call others illogical for not wholly condemning them.
post #35 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tck13 View Post
I'd respect someone much more if they did it without drugs.

Except that it is obviously and literally not possible to look anything like that without drugs.
post #36 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluks917 View Post
Except that it is obviously and literally not possible to look anything like that without drugs.
Yup. There's some 'natural bodybuilding' competitions out there and those guys look nothing like the ones that are juicing heavily. Ironically, the 'natural bodybuilders' don't look very 'natural' by most peoples' understanding of the term either.
post #37 of 235
^because they aren't. i have friends who compete "naturally". it's a bit of an oxymoron.
post #38 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
There's health side effects to playing sports like hockey and football too.

There's also health effects to smoking and overeating.

I wouldn't even want to look like a bodybuilder but it's their lifestyle and it's up to them whether to take the risks. One thing's for sure, they have a lot more willpower and dedication than the morbidly obese bedridden fatso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
It is a logical comparison. "Steroids" is a pretty general term and you'll have to define what you mean when you say it. Just as "playing football' is a pretty general term. Professional athletes have a wide range of debilitating injuries from their sports. Some have severe concussions that eventually lead to neurological disorders in the future. Do some research on brain scans of football players. Then there are kids who play high school for fun or whatevers, they might have some minor injuries but it's no big deal.

Likewise, there's a large segment of the population doing what you might consider "steroids" and doing just fine. Not everybody suffers from shrunken balls, bitch tits and liver failure. You can go lurk some online forums right now and you'll find a lot of normal people taking mild testosterone boosters, prohormones, even AAS under proper supervision and precautions and doing just fine.

I would never want to fuck with that type of stuff but I'm not so ignorant as make broad generalizations about "steroids" and then call others illogical for not wholly condemning them.


???

I didn't make any broad generalizations about anything. You did, and it's up to you to back up yourextremely general claim that the effects of using steroids are just as harmful as the effects of playing sports (which I disagree with and is absurd).

I merely said:
Quote:
There seems to be some health side effects from what I've read...
post #39 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tck13 View Post
???

I didn't make any broad generalizations about anything. You did, and it's up to you to back up yourextremely general claim that the effects of using steroids are just as harmful as the effects of playing sports (which I disagree with and is absurd).

I merely said:

Find any post I made saying that steroids are 'just as harmful.' Find any post that has me using any comparative language.

All I said was that sports have negative health effects and so does any lifestyle choice involving the body (nutrition, drug use, etc.). In all of these areas, there are extreme examples. You're the one that wrongly inferred that I was saying that steroid use was as bad for the body as playing 2 hand touch football (or whatever silly notion you're attributing to me).

There's a wide varying range in any activity that stresses the body. My point is you can't condemn bodybuilding because at it's extreme end you got a guy with liver failure. Likewise, I don't condemn playing sports just because there are a large number of former athletes with extreme brain damage or I don't condemn chocolate cake because there are 600 lbs bedridden fatsos out there.
post #40 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
Find any post I made saying that steroids are 'just as harmful.' Find any post that has me using any comparative language.

Sure, how about this first post when you compare the seriousness of football injuries to the steroid user who's "doing just fine"... Do you seriously not know what you said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
It is a logical comparison. "Steroids" is a pretty general term and you'll have to define what you mean when you say it. Just as "playing football' is a pretty general term. Professional athletes have a wide range of debilitating injuries from their sports. Some have severe concussions that eventually lead to neurological disorders in the future. Do some research on brain scans of football players. Then there are kids who play high school for fun or whatevers, they might have some minor injuries but it's no big deal.

Likewise, there's a large segment of the population doing what you might consider "steroids" and doing just fine. Not everybody suffers from shrunken balls, bitch tits and liver failure. You can go lurk some online forums right now and you'll find a lot of normal people taking mild testosterone boosters, prohormones, even AAS under proper supervision and precautions and doing just fine.

I would never want to fuck with that type of stuff but I'm not so ignorant as make broad generalizations about "steroids" and then call others illogical for not wholly condemning them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
All I said was that sports have negative health effects and so does any lifestyle choice involving the body (nutrition, drug use, etc.). In all of these areas, there are extreme examples. You're the one that wrongly inferred that I was saying that steroid use was as bad for the body as playing 2 hand touch football (or whatever silly notion you're attributing to me).

There's a wide varying range in any activity that stresses the body. My point is you can't condemn bodybuilding because at it's extreme end you got a guy with liver failure. Likewise, I don't condemn playing sports just because there are a large number of former athletes with extreme brain damage or I don't condemn chocolate cake because there are 600 lbs bedridden fatsos out there.

I get it! You're saying that no one can criticize anyone because they're doing something since there's negative consequences to everything...
post #41 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
Yup. There's some 'natural bodybuilding' competitions out there and those guys look nothing like the ones that are juicing heavily. Ironically, the 'natural bodybuilders' don't look very 'natural' by most peoples' understanding of the term either.

that's because natural guys aren't natural. They just have to be a little careful about their timing.
post #42 of 235
Gregg Valentino.
post #43 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Gregg Valentino.

He is not a bodybuilder.
post #44 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post
All you guys who used to take AAS', what was your reasoning for doing so? And be honest with yourself. Were you competing? Was it for aesthetic purposes?

Interested to hear your responses...

Thanks!

I actually intended to compete but never had the nerve to. I always thought I looked small. I'm not saying that I had tons of raw potential but I could have held my own. When I stopped using I was 5'9 and around 260 with a 32in waist. My calves always sucked but I had nice shape and symmetry otherwise. I stopped using because I ran into some health problems after getting to carried away with things. I used straight through the last few years without taking any time off. I also had a thing with site injections; i used to stick my ass, legs, arms (bi and tris), traps, delts and calves with EQ prior to working a bodypart. Its a miracle I never got a serious infection.

Years later I still have some health problems but dont have many regrets. It was a great time in my life.

dl
post #45 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tck13 View Post
1. Sure, how about this first post when you compare the seriousness of football injuries to the steroid user who's "doing just fine"... Do you seriously not know what you said?

2. I get it! You're saying that no one can criticize anyone because they're doing something since there's negative consequences to everything...

1. I didn't compare the seriousness of anything. I know exactly what I said. Do you know what I said?

2. People can criticize others as much as they want if it makes them feel better. I prefer not to. Would you rather I have instead posted something like: "OMG, how can anyone do that to their body! It's so gross and unnatural! Boo 'roids!" Ok. Pretend I said that instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Steroids in Bodybuilding...