• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My APC Standard's, a bit over a month old.

Geowu

Reaction score
nice... mine (unisex APC) are a bit over a month old too. the color is not falling very much tho. Did you do something special on them?

brooklyn

Reaction score
My APC Standard's, a bit over a month old.
I was thinking of picking up a pair of APC jeans this weekend. In the month that you had them how often did you wear them?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing them almost everyday. After work I just change into them, wear them all weekend long, out to bars and stuff. I'm also deliberatly trying to wear them hard.

I've also bought the finest grit sandpaper I could find, and lightly sand over the creases. I've stopped doing this though.

Right now, they are really dirty and I'm very anxious to get the first wash or a dry clean at least.

brooklyn

Reaction score
I've been wearing them almost everyday. After work I just change into them, wear them all weekend long, out to bars and stuff.  I'm also deliberatly trying to wear them hard.

I've also bought the finest grit sandpaper I could find, and lightly sand over the creases. I've stopped doing this though.

Right now, they are really dirty and I'm very anxious to get the first wash or a dry clean at least.
thanks for the info?

How do the jeans fit? Do they taper? how do they fit in the seat? legs?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the jeans fit? Do they taper? how do they fit in the seat? legs?
There are plenty of other threads on fit. Let's please keep this one focused on pics.

Brian SD

Reaction score
both your jeans are looking great. wish I had a camera.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
both your jeans are looking great. wish I had a camera.
Ditto on both points. Would love to post the progress of my Corpus (my project at the moment) as well as my other, customized jeans - customized because they needed repair - they were frayed/ripped/worn out, etc...

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
My roomate just got a job at Best Buy followed by a whole bunch of cool gadgets, including a camera. So I thought I'd try it out. Here's the jeans that I can't give up because they fit too darn well, even though I probably should:
jeansfront.JPG
A patch done well:
patch.JPG
Some messier ones because I was in a hurry to put them on and go out:
crotchholes.JPG
Wore out the heels, so I just stuck some new ones on there. That was a long time ago. It looks like garbage and the thread doesn't blend. I'm gonna redo them:
heels.JPG
The original flare was huge so I cut some width off and redid the seam. All this is done by hand because I got these jeans after my machine kicked the bucket:
seam.JPG
And in his euphoria of new-camera excitement, my roomate took a picture of me in action (one of the crotch holes, just a couple days ago):
sewing.JPG
That camera is fun. I might put up some of my other jeans with cooler patches and embroidery and stuff, from when I had my sewing machine. For a reference point, the jeans were washed when I got them, much darker than they are now, and didn't have any fade- or whisker- finishing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who might be asking, my guess is that those are Jake Agave Jeans, probably originally in the Cowboy cut. Can't tell the wash since they've been so washed out, but from Ken's description, I vote for the Cortez wash/material

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who might be asking, my guess is that those are Jake Agave Jeans, probably originally in the Cowboy cut. Can't tell the wash since they've been so washed out, but from Ken's description, I vote for the Cortez wash/material
I second the fact they are Agave, as can be seen in the 'A' stitching detail on the back.

Awesome work on the patch job, I really like how that looks.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
For those who might be asking, my guess is that those are Jake Agave Jeans, probably originally in the Cowboy cut.  Can't tell the wash since they've been so washed out, but from Ken's description, I vote for the Cortez wash/material
They are Agaves, but I don't think they're the Cowboy cut. I tried on a pair the other day (because I really want to replace these jeans), and they fit a little different. But maybe they changed the cut in the past couple years.

petescolari

Reaction score
These are my APC English from 4 years ago. Â They are a little bit light here in the pic due to the flash on my camera. I have only had my new ones for a month or so and are not much different from MikeC's and are not worth posting a pic yet.

Charles Rogers

Reaction score
These are my APC English from 4 years ago. They are a little bit light here in the pic due to the flash on my camera. I have only had my new ones for a month or so and are not much different from MikeC's and are not worth posting a pic yet.
They look really great- How'd you do your washings? And ken, those jeans are the hotness, don't ever give them up. I want to see the rest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads