Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 7:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Post pics of your denim - Page 429
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6422 of 64953/31/14 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I'm not sure what you're doing to not have quality denim not last that long. I've worn these hard and, after an initial 6 mo no-soak period, I pretty much washed/soaked them when needed. 21oz denim is pretty damn tough. Assuming you haven't sized down to the point where you're blowing it out, it should last years. I know people who ride motos, do crazy work, etc. and their jeans last multiple years for sure.
That said, these have gotten super soft and are thinner in the thighs/knees now. I don't wear them quite as much now, in order to prolong their life.
Here's the same pics, plus a shitty fit pic, in full size (posted from phone earlier & didn't realize that shrank the image) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i love when people actually wear their raw denim, shit looks awesome man
and yeah, i have a pair of the cheapest n&f made and they've had 2 crotch repairs but otherwise are fine even after 3 years of very regular wear.post #6423 of 64953/31/14 at 11:53pmpost #6424 of 64954/4/14 at 5:51ampost #6425 of 64954/5/14 at 1:26ampost #6426 of 64954/5/14 at 5:50ampost #6427 of 64954/9/14 at 6:56ampost #6428 of 64954/24/14 at 7:23pmpost #6429 of 64955/13/14 at 6:15am
I got this pair of SDA lightweight jeans from tate+yoko (the only store with my size still) about a month ago. It's an incredible pair of jeans with tons of character and I want to give the model some exposure.
The basics: Tagged W32", 11oz, mid rise, right hand twill, unsanforized, one wash, indigo rope dyed, pigskin patch, bar tacked back pockets (no rear pocket rivets)
These are very much jeans for the summer; the weave is malleable and the fit loose and breezy. At this point they are really soft and drape with some rolls and loose creases. The fit is by far the most comfortable I've worn and offers free mobility. I've washed these again (they came once washed) after 2 weeks without a belt because they stretched. The unsanforized fabric goes from around 33" waist after a wash to 34.5." The inseam is way too long right now, around 35" and my natural is 31"... I'll get to that after finals.
The most unique aspect of these was the thread for the warp. It had a bunch of randomly-placed bundles of extra cotton coming out of the thread, kind of like nep but on the indigo thread instead. At first I thought they were pills, but they are more like natural defects from packing together tons of cotton while spinning the yarns thin. Most of the bundles have rubbed off by now, enhancing the layer of fine, long indigo hairs covering the entire jeans. For me, this is a reason buying unsanforized denim is fun. I didn't know what was in store, but these jeans have already evolved.post #6430 of 64955/13/14 at 6:32ampost #6431 of 64955/14/14 at 3:34pmpost #6432 of 64955/14/14 at 5:10pmpost #6433 of 64955/14/14 at 6:00pmpost #6434 of 64955/14/14 at 6:06pm
Just the regular ones, I'm not very active in the cold season haha. I wanted to send them back in to get hemmed again since I have to double cuff it now. I wanted to get all the shrinkage out which was the only reason for the wash really, but I'm glad I did it now as the blue is now more my flavor. They are just toooooo dark at firstpost #6435 of 64955/15/14 at 11:55pm
- Post pics of your denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Australian Members 25 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 37 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Phillip II 10.5UK BNIB Paris Brown 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...