Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Post pics of your denim - Page 429
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6422 of 64993/31/14 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I'm not sure what you're doing to not have quality denim not last that long. I've worn these hard and, after an initial 6 mo no-soak period, I pretty much washed/soaked them when needed. 21oz denim is pretty damn tough. Assuming you haven't sized down to the point where you're blowing it out, it should last years. I know people who ride motos, do crazy work, etc. and their jeans last multiple years for sure.
That said, these have gotten super soft and are thinner in the thighs/knees now. I don't wear them quite as much now, in order to prolong their life.
Here's the same pics, plus a shitty fit pic, in full size (posted from phone earlier & didn't realize that shrank the image) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i love when people actually wear their raw denim, shit looks awesome man
and yeah, i have a pair of the cheapest n&f made and they've had 2 crotch repairs but otherwise are fine even after 3 years of very regular wear.post #6423 of 64993/31/14 at 11:53pmpost #6424 of 64994/4/14 at 5:51ampost #6425 of 64994/5/14 at 1:26ampost #6426 of 64994/5/14 at 5:50ampost #6427 of 64994/9/14 at 6:56ampost #6428 of 64994/24/14 at 7:23pmpost #6429 of 64995/13/14 at 6:15am
I got this pair of SDA lightweight jeans from tate+yoko (the only store with my size still) about a month ago. It's an incredible pair of jeans with tons of character and I want to give the model some exposure.
The basics: Tagged W32", 11oz, mid rise, right hand twill, unsanforized, one wash, indigo rope dyed, pigskin patch, bar tacked back pockets (no rear pocket rivets)
These are very much jeans for the summer; the weave is malleable and the fit loose and breezy. At this point they are really soft and drape with some rolls and loose creases. The fit is by far the most comfortable I've worn and offers free mobility. I've washed these again (they came once washed) after 2 weeks without a belt because they stretched. The unsanforized fabric goes from around 33" waist after a wash to 34.5." The inseam is way too long right now, around 35" and my natural is 31"... I'll get to that after finals.
The most unique aspect of these was the thread for the warp. It had a bunch of randomly-placed bundles of extra cotton coming out of the thread, kind of like nep but on the indigo thread instead. At first I thought they were pills, but they are more like natural defects from packing together tons of cotton while spinning the yarns thin. Most of the bundles have rubbed off by now, enhancing the layer of fine, long indigo hairs covering the entire jeans. For me, this is a reason buying unsanforized denim is fun. I didn't know what was in store, but these jeans have already evolved.post #6430 of 64995/13/14 at 6:32ampost #6431 of 64995/14/14 at 3:34pmpost #6432 of 64995/14/14 at 5:10pmpost #6433 of 64995/14/14 at 6:00pmpost #6434 of 64995/14/14 at 6:06pm
Just the regular ones, I'm not very active in the cold season haha. I wanted to send them back in to get hemmed again since I have to double cuff it now. I wanted to get all the shrinkage out which was the only reason for the wash really, but I'm glad I did it now as the blue is now more my flavor. They are just toooooo dark at firstpost #6435 of 64995/15/14 at 11:55pm
- Post pics of your denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › NWT Cantarelli ulster type overcoat - Loro Piana fabric EU 46 47 seconds ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...