or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suit too tight, too short, too trendy? Seeking opinions on interview attire.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suit too tight, too short, too trendy? Seeking opinions on interview attire. - Page 2

post #16 of 58
I think you are ready.
post #17 of 58
Hmmm I'd say this suit is great for day to day wear, but in my opinion it's just a tad too casual for a management consulting interview. It can probably work but I would go with a white or blue shirt, and definitely change the shoes to black or darker brown. Probably black is safer choice.
post #18 of 58
Very nice suit. Where did you get it? (As a student, I'm also on the hunt for new suits)
post #19 of 58
Thread Starter 
Thank you kindly for the replies, gentlemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Then it should look fine although I'd prefer a 0.5" longer jacket.

The length of the jacket was (is) my biggest concern. Hopefully it's not a deal-breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe City Thinker View Post
I'm not liking the tan shoes with that suit. Do you have any oxblood or "cordovan" colored shoes? Is the suit navy, gray, or black?

It's navy. I actually like navy suits with cognac shoes (I will say the lighting is throwing the color balance off so the shoes look a bit funny) but I'll wear black shoes to the interview. No oxbloods yet, though I agree they look fantastic with navy and charcoal suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketCircle View Post
Lose the shirt, black shoes and you'll be fine. The tie is not great but will work for an interview.

Is it the color (blue) or the collar (spread) that's objectionable? I don't like point collars, but if that's the issue, I'll just pick up a cheap one just for interviews.

No one seems to like the Zegna tie. A real shame--my girlfriend bought it for me specifically to wear on interviews! Oh well, off it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Get some BB Black Fleece and you are guaranteed the job.

If only it were that easy. Anyway, my funds limit me to BB essentials separates.
post #20 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Is it the color (blue) or the collar (spread) that's objectionable? I don't like point collars, but if that's the issue, I'll just pick up a cheap one just for interviews.

No one seems to like the Zegna tie. A real shame--my girlfriend bought it for me specifically to wear on interviews! Oh well, off it goes.

If I see it right, it is grey/black. I don't like black with that navy suit. You can find a better $10 silk tie.

Still, it is okay and noone will turn you away for wearing that tie.
post #21 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsj View Post
Hmmm I'd say this suit is great for day to day wear, but in my opinion it's just a tad too casual for a management consulting interview. It can probably work but I would go with a white or blue shirt, and definitely change the shoes to black or darker brown. Probably black is safer choice.


The shirt is blue, but the colors are really off in the pic (incandescent and fluorescent lighting in one room probably confused the camera).

I might just go with a white shirt to be extra safe and add a bit more formality to the suit.
post #22 of 58
I really like the cut of the pants. This is a Hickey Freeman suit you say? Or is it from the Hickey Style line?
post #23 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquirer89 View Post
Very nice suit. Where did you get it? (As a student, I'm also on the hunt for new suits)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishFish View Post
I really like the cut of the pants. This is a Hickey Freeman suit you say? Or is it from the Hickey Style line?

Thanks. It's from the Hickey Style line (the cheaper, half fused stuff most people here probably wouldn't wear!).
post #24 of 58
To be more precise about the shoes: they should be plain black captoes, nothing very fancy.
post #25 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketCircle View Post
If I see it right, it is grey/black. I don't like black with that navy suit. You can find a better $10 silk tie.

Still, it is okay and noone will turn you away for wearing that tie.

Wow, I should take a better photo in daylight! The tie is actually navy/grey/white.

Either way, the consensus seems to be to lose the tie. BB rep #2 here I come.
post #26 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketCircle View Post
To be more precise about the shoes: they should be plain black captoes, nothing very fancy.

Yup. It'll be the same shoes I have on now (AE Soho) in black. I know I should've gone for the Park Avenues, but they don't fit me well at all.
post #27 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Wow, I should take a better photo in daylight! The tie is actually navy/grey/white.

It's probably my eyes. I have a -9 prescription
post #28 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by constant struggle View Post
looks real good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Looks really, really great. I agree that I don't love the tie, but it's certainly A-OK for an interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post
well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCool1978 View Post
I think you are ready.


Thank you very much! You guys are too kind. And thanks for making me a little less anxious.
post #29 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Thanks. It's from the Hickey Style line (the cheaper, half fused stuff most people here probably wouldn't wear!).

How cheap are we talking? Where can you buy this?
post #30 of 58
Can you give me your height/weight/the size of the suit? I'm thinking about buying one of their suits online.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suit too tight, too short, too trendy? Seeking opinions on interview attire.