Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Do you cuff your jeans? - Page 11post #151 of 1624/14/11 at 12:25ampost #152 of 1624/14/11 at 12:26ampost #153 of 1624/14/11 at 12:27ampost #154 of 1624/14/11 at 1:24ampost #155 of 1624/14/11 at 12:25pmpost #156 of 1624/16/11 at 4:02pmpost #157 of 1624/16/11 at 6:52pmI'm glad a consensus hasn't developed on cuffing v. hemming.
As others have said, it depends on the cut and on the footwear. If unsanforized, it also
depends on how far you are into the wearing and wash cycle of the jean.
I would never cuff skinny jeans.
Slim-straights with a medium rise can go either way. I think IH 634s for example can look equally good with a single cuff, a double cuff, or hemmed.
Most 501 cuts with the possible exception of a well fitted '47 are on the roomy side with higher rises and to my eye look better cuffed, whether it's casually flipped over once or cuffed with clean, square lines. On some occasions they look good hemmed.
If cuffing I prefer an off-handed single cuff because i like the not-clean look and how a single cuff shows a roped hem and de-emphasizes the selvage.
But on Flat Head or LVC or anything unsanforized I often double-cuff for a while out of necessity until they're broken in. I don't like hemming, at all, until they are fairly stable in terms of inseam length. I don't think double cuffing looks douchy or trendy at all, and although I prefer the single cuff, I feel fine wearing a jean double-cuffed right on my shoes for months if necessary.
In terms of just seeing jeans in the wild, I'm more adverse to gaudy pocket design or disgusting washes than I am to the way I see anyone wearing their jeans, esp in terms of the hem.post #158 of 1624/16/11 at 8:16pmpost #159 of 1626/24/13 at 11:25am
I think this thread needs reviving ;)
IMO, cuffing is great and looks less boring than not in most cases.
Or, do the total opposite of cuffing or stacking:post #160 of 1626/24/13 at 11:29ampost #161 of 1626/24/13 at 11:29ampost #162 of 1627/5/13 at 3:41pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1291 Active Users (315 Members and 976 Guests)
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...