Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:20 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Do you cuff your jeans? - Page 11post #151 of 1624/14/11 at 12:25ampost #152 of 1624/14/11 at 12:26ampost #153 of 1624/14/11 at 12:27ampost #154 of 1624/14/11 at 1:24ampost #155 of 1624/14/11 at 12:25pmpost #156 of 1624/16/11 at 4:02pmpost #157 of 1624/16/11 at 6:52pmI'm glad a consensus hasn't developed on cuffing v. hemming.
As others have said, it depends on the cut and on the footwear. If unsanforized, it also
depends on how far you are into the wearing and wash cycle of the jean.
I would never cuff skinny jeans.
Slim-straights with a medium rise can go either way. I think IH 634s for example can look equally good with a single cuff, a double cuff, or hemmed.
Most 501 cuts with the possible exception of a well fitted '47 are on the roomy side with higher rises and to my eye look better cuffed, whether it's casually flipped over once or cuffed with clean, square lines. On some occasions they look good hemmed.
If cuffing I prefer an off-handed single cuff because i like the not-clean look and how a single cuff shows a roped hem and de-emphasizes the selvage.
But on Flat Head or LVC or anything unsanforized I often double-cuff for a while out of necessity until they're broken in. I don't like hemming, at all, until they are fairly stable in terms of inseam length. I don't think double cuffing looks douchy or trendy at all, and although I prefer the single cuff, I feel fine wearing a jean double-cuffed right on my shoes for months if necessary.
In terms of just seeing jeans in the wild, I'm more adverse to gaudy pocket design or disgusting washes than I am to the way I see anyone wearing their jeans, esp in terms of the hem.post #158 of 1624/16/11 at 8:16pmpost #159 of 1626/24/13 at 11:25am
I think this thread needs reviving ;)
IMO, cuffing is great and looks less boring than not in most cases.
Or, do the total opposite of cuffing or stacking:post #160 of 1626/24/13 at 11:29ampost #161 of 1626/24/13 at 11:29ampost #162 of 1627/5/13 at 3:41pm
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1185 Active Users (192 Members and 993 Guests)
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 44 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge April 29, 2016: Navy Trousers Unleashed 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 11 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread 19 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 19 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts