or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › lefty's random dog thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

lefty's random dog thread. - Page 207

post #3091 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcInDentonTx View Post


Milo makes his SF WAYWRN debut... Wool knit argyle sweater from Chilly Dog.

He can't even look you in the eye.


I just came in from my dog's morning walk. The gypsy beggars that live a floor above us are terrified of our dog. We walked in and he pulled towards her and she screamed. I just said "what?! He's friendly." She just made noises and pointed at him. Normally I'd apologize for scaring someone, but A) they pretend to have no knowledge of the German language when I have to ask them something, B) the younger gypsy is a prostitute and has johns coming in and out of her apartment at all hours of the night, C) they use the door stopper on the front door all year round, leaving it open in wind, rain and snow on one of the less pleasant streets in the city, D) they stole our dog's bed when we set it outside of our door.
post #3092 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

That dog is waiting for you to go to sleep before he kills you for putting him in that sweater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

He can't even look you in the eye.

Yeah.. this was the equivalent of the gift sweater from Grandma. Milo now has a new chew toy in the shape of a sweater. satisfied.gif
post #3093 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

He can't even look you in the eye.
I just came in from my dog's morning walk. The gypsy beggars that live a floor above us are terrified of our dog. We walked in and he pulled towards her and she screamed. I just said "what?! He's friendly." She just made noises and pointed at him. Normally I'd apologize for scaring someone, but A) they pretend to have no knowledge of the German language when I have to ask them something, B) the younger gypsy is a prostitute and has johns coming in and out of her apartment at all hours of the night, C) they use the door stopper on the front door all year round, leaving it open in wind, rain and snow on one of the less pleasant streets in the city, D) they stole our dog's bed when we set it outside of our door.

I thought it was extremely unusual for a gypsy girl to be a prostitute, a strong breach of the gypsy code--a grifter, yes, a hooker, no.
post #3094 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcInDentonTx View Post


Milo makes his SF WAYWRN debut... Wool knit argyle sweater from Chilly Dog.

It looks like you have cloned TinTin and Snowy.


Maybe I should take a picture of my dogs oiled cotton coat.
post #3095 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

I thought it was extremely unusual for a gypsy girl to be a prostitute, a strong breach of the gypsy code--a grifter, yes, a hooker, no.

I'm not too sure. I'm fairly certain that they're gypsy and I know she sleeps with the building owner in exchange for free rent. Other men come in and out all week. I was honestly speculating. I'm sure that they stole our dog's bed though, the bits of foam from it literally went from our door, up the stairs and ended right in front of their door.
post #3096 of 3745
10 days after the last chemo dose - so I guess it's time for her to spring a fever and for us to get an IV set up at home! at least this time we're not panicked and the vet will be here in a couple hours. a good opportunity to watch some series and catch up on some reading.
post #3097 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

10 days after the last chemo dose - so I guess it's time for her to spring a fever and for us to get an IV set up at home! at least this time we're not panicked and the vet will be here in a couple hours. a good opportunity to watch some series and catch up on some reading.
I hope she's responding well to treatment.
post #3098 of 3745
we think so - her liver enzymes are still elevated, and she's still jaundiced, but that could simply be a consequence of the tumors dying off or an unrelated condition. her lymph nodes are back to normal, her liver and spleen are back to normal, and, other then the few days right after the chemo treatment and the occasional fever, she's doing really well. probably gonna have this vet take a peek at her liver enzymes today along with a CBC and see where she's at.
post #3099 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

we think so - her liver enzymes are still elevated, and she's still jaundiced, but that could simply be a consequence of the tumors dying off or an unrelated condition. her lymph nodes are back to normal, her liver and spleen are back to normal, and, other then the few days right after the chemo treatment and the occasional fever, she's doing really well. probably gonna have this vet take a peek at her liver enzymes today along with a CBC and see where she's at.

 

Fingers crossed and Mojo sent your way Teger. You have certainly gone the extra mile. Or two.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

I think the name change is very apt. With all the predator protection in our state, there isn't going to be much "game" to manage. When I was a young man, the population of mountain lions was about 600, having remained constant since about 1920. Today there are probably at least 6,000. They probably account for around 300,000 deer a year, which is why we don't have much of a deer harvest anymore. Black bear have increased from about 10,000 to somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000 and have expanded their range greatly, yet the legislature just abolished hound hunting for them, one of the best means of control. I suspect wolves will be re-establishing themselves in the state in the near future.
Perhaps the DFW could go whole hog and re-introduce grizzlies and jaguars--we used to have both in the state.
Actually, I think having a diverse and thriving population of predators is cool, but I do believe in management.
Perhaps a more apt or accurate name ought to be Dept. of Fish and Predators!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post

Effective predator control is a win on multiple levels.
- Healthier population of game animals. Win for both human and non human predators.
- Some people like to hunt predators. Great, the state can issue licenses thus raising revenue and lowering the expense of predator nuisance control
- Fewer people get mauled
-Fewer house pets get killed
it might be asking alot in place like California. The average city dwelling voter really has no clue on how hardcore nature is. It is tough being a wild animal and no amount of misguided "pro-animal" or anti hunting legislation will change that. With proper management hunters can enjoy the outdoors and healthy populations of animals can thrive. These 2 are in no way mutually exclusive and many would argue that active hunting actually improves habitat and animal population. So many hunters are passionate about wildlife conservation and spend lots of time and money on making sure that animals have a place to thrive. Many animal lovers will never understand that though.

 

No, No, according to the "experts" that sit behind desks all day the issue is global warming. Predators have nothing to do with the decline of the Moose population, it is all about global warming. But every time I find Moose poop in the woods there is always a pile of Wolf scat next to it. Hmmm....

 

 

I had a friend ask me once how did I know it was Wolf shit and not dog shit. Told him unless they are putting bone and hair in kibble now it isn't that hard to figure out.

 

JLibourel your writting sytle seems very familiar....

 

Got back last night from a week hunting ruff grouse with the dog. He will be 9 soon and know I need to start to looking at another dog but damn he did good. Last year I posted a picture of a double with my FAIR Over Under. This time I pulled off a double with one shot. Seriously, first time ever.

 

 

The Toller had a bit of of extra Instruction and still had a bit of attitude here yet. The red phase grouse was the one I shot at and the other bird went down too out in front but very much alive. Couple of years ago the dog got spurred bad by a rooster down in Iowa and since then he has been hard on birds that aren't stone dead. I worked with him some here to get him to soft mouth a bit more. 

 

Have a friend that lives on the North Shore that has 3 French Britts, they all have a set of wheels on them. One wears a beeper, e-collar, and GPS satallite tracking collar (Astro). Dog has more electronics on him than the space shuttle. But if he doesn't put up a bird there aren't any around.

 

 

I do miss a pointing dog sometimes and another friend that I shoot skeet and sporting with is a die hard Setter man. I used to own an English Setter so he sent me a bunch of pictures while he was in ND training over the last month. It does take birds to make a good bird dog. His is a boy named Sioux,on point training with the belly band. He is 2. 

 

 

We leave in a bit over a week for 10 days pheasant hunting in SD for the traditional "Veteran Day" hunt. Most of us are retired Navy but also a retired AF Col. and a Nam Green Beret that is a retired LEO. Phez opened today at noon in SD and the local resident sent us all an email at 11:45 this morning. Like a kid before Christmas. I need to get some weight back on the dog and rest him first.

post #3100 of 3745
thanks for the well wishes! I wish I had less depressing things to post, although she still loves going for long walks throughout our neighborhood and sniffing random people. vet just left, she's all hooked up again and he's going to go run some blood work. she's asleep on the couch with an IV hooked up - took the whole catheter insertion like a champ.
post #3101 of 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

we think so - her liver enzymes are still elevated, and she's still jaundiced, but that could simply be a consequence of the tumors dying off or an unrelated condition. her lymph nodes are back to normal, her liver and spleen are back to normal, and, other then the few days right after the chemo treatment and the occasional fever, she's doing really well. probably gonna have this vet take a peek at her liver enzymes today along with a CBC and see where she's at.

I have a friend whose 8 year old Jack Russell has just completed her second round of chemo and is doing well, so we send positive thoughts and best energy for your friend's continued progress.
post #3102 of 3745
here's a crappy cell phone picture of her snoozing away:

photo1_zps3bea7788.jpg
post #3103 of 3745
^^^She looks wonderful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all continues to go well.
post #3104 of 3745
got the blood test results back, and they're mixed. her white blood cell count is normal, red and platelets slightly depressed (but nothing significant), and her liver enzymes are strange. bilirubin still high, some other values much lower than they have been, but her albumin is depressed, which could indicate something else wrong with her liver. at this point just waiting for her fever to come down, which it should in the next 12 hours as the antibiotics and fluids have a chance to work. then it's probably going to be an ultrasound - and from there we'll decide to continue the chemo, or what.
post #3105 of 3745
fever finally broke earlier today, right on schedule. it's amazing how 12 hours ago she was shaky, could barely stand, was glassy eyed, and now she's back to her normal site, fighting the IV and begging for food (although not eating much)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › lefty's random dog thread.