or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › lefty's random dog thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

lefty's random dog thread. - Page 205

post #3061 of 3684
post #3062 of 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Not to be outdone by any cute Airedale pics, here's mine:

Great looking dog! Does she (or he) actually swim? Ours enjoys just sort of wading...anything past his shoulder and he isn't thrilled.
post #3063 of 3684
tumblr_mbw8hwXC991re4ne0o1_500.jpg
post #3064 of 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

^Too bad you didn't cold-cock him! But then he might well have knifed you! I hope the puppy wasn't hurt.
I am not sure why there is such a prejudice against dogs in most of the Muslim world. I don't think there is anything in the teachings of the Prophet (Upon Whom Be Peace) against dogs, and I have known some Muslims who are avid dog lovers.

I was walking my dog down the street in NYC. He is extremely well behaved and was almost always in a proper heal position. I was passing a muslim family, with the wife being almost entirely covered, except for her face (FYI, the husband was in shorts). As I passed them, their little boy probably three to four years old starts squealing with happiness. PUPPY PUPPY he yells. He reaches his hand out to try and pet my dog, which I kept more than four feet away from the family on the sidewalk. The father yells at the son scolding him, repeating unclean several times. The father then looks at me as if it was something I did and begins yelling at me and coming at me.

I was literally, WTF? I laughed and just walked away with the mutt. Afterwards, I realized what had actually occured. Can anyone here ever imagine going through life without their dogs? Yes we may have different preferences, but no matter how bad the day is, a wagging tail when I walk in the door is something I would never trade.
post #3065 of 3684
Met a leonberger yesterday...I'm a big fan.

post #3066 of 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post

I was walking my dog down the street in NYC. He is extremely well behaved and was almost always in a proper heal position. I was passing a muslim family, with the wife being almost entirely covered, except for her face (FYI, the husband was in shorts). As I passed them, their little boy probably three to four years old starts squealing with happiness. PUPPY PUPPY he yells. He reaches his hand out to try and pet my dog, which I kept more than four feet away from the family on the sidewalk. The father yells at the son scolding him, repeating unclean several times. The father then looks at me as if it was something I did and begins yelling at me and coming at me.
I was literally, WTF? I laughed and just walked away with the mutt. Afterwards, I realized what had actually occured. Can anyone here ever imagine going through life without their dogs? Yes we may have different preferences, but no matter how bad the day is, a wagging tail when I walk in the door is something I would never trade.

Unreal, isn't it? I live in an immigrant district and receive looks every day when I walk down the sidewalk. Many grown men are genuinely afraid of him and will jump out of the way. Last night, I was walking home after a walk and two Africans walked past me. My dog did nothing wrong and the one closest to me shouted in broken German "get away you fucking dog!" We then got into it when I called him an asshole and told him to piss off. He was shouting the entire time he walked away that dogs shouldn't be in public.
post #3067 of 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

Great looking dog! Does she (or he) actually swim? Ours enjoys just sort of wading...anything past his shoulder and he isn't thrilled.

She is not always crazy about the water. I think part of the problem is that she only gets a chance to swim every 3-6 months. I have a feeling that if she was exposed daily she would have no problem. This summer she was at the river and did her level best never to get past her belly, in the past she has swum much more willingly.



post #3068 of 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post

I was walking my dog down the street in NYC. He is extremely well behaved and was almost always in a proper heal position. I was passing a muslim family, with the wife being almost entirely covered, except for her face (FYI, the husband was in shorts). As I passed them, their little boy probably three to four years old starts squealing with happiness. PUPPY PUPPY he yells. He reaches his hand out to try and pet my dog, which I kept more than four feet away from the family on the sidewalk. The father yells at the son scolding him, repeating unclean several times. The father then looks at me as if it was something I did and begins yelling at me and coming at me.
I was literally, WTF? I laughed and just walked away with the mutt. Afterwards, I realized what had actually occured. Can anyone here ever imagine going through life without their dogs? Yes we may have different preferences, but no matter how bad the day is, a wagging tail when I walk in the door is something I would never trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

Unreal, isn't it? I live in an immigrant district and receive looks every day when I walk down the sidewalk. Many grown men are genuinely afraid of him and will jump out of the way. Last night, I was walking home after a walk and two Africans walked past me. My dog did nothing wrong and the one closest to me shouted in broken German "get away you fucking dog!" We then got into it when I called him an asshole and told him to piss off. He was shouting the entire time he walked away that dogs shouldn't be in public.


people like that aggravate the shit out of me.


I want to move to a dog friendly utopia without idiots like those.
post #3069 of 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

She is not always crazy about the water. I think part of the problem is that she only gets a chance to swim every 3-6 months. I have a feeling that if she was exposed daily she would have no problem. This summer she was at the river and did her level best never to get past her belly, in the past she has swum much more willingly.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



That water looks really clean. That's pretty much the same as our dog. We get out to a lake a few times a summer and he'll walk in the shallow areas and chase leaves, floating grass and pinecones. He'll make his way back when he gets out too far.

However, he's perfectly fine with shallow running water and absolutely loves snow. Late last spring we went up to a mountain that was melting. He was in paradise and ran through the water the entire time.



...and after his bath tonight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

people like that aggravate the shit out of me.
I want to move to a dog friendly utopia without idiots like those.

They aggravate me as well. My parents always joke that they don't really like people that don't like their dog. We can take dogs most places which I really appreciate. We still have to buy a ticket when we ride public transportation, but it's still nice that it's allowed. We were kicked off a bus in Italy because we had him and didn't know it wasn't allowed.

I've taken the time to make sure my dog is registered, up to date on shots and healthy. I've taken and passed dog courses. I always have him on a leash and in control. I usually carry a muzzle with me in case we go into a mall/shopping center that requires one. If I go to these lengths to make him safe and not a public nuisance, the least everyone else could do is just ignore him rather than shout obscenities or shoot dirty looks at him. Then again, I'm convinced these are the same people that don't pay for things like TV licenses and public transport tickets, they don't separate their garbage into the recycling bins (law here) and think nothing of taking social money while working unregistered (and not paying taxes). censored.gif
post #3070 of 3684
Thread Starter 

IPO3 French Bulldog kicks a little ass.

 

 

lefty

post #3071 of 3684
^ Brought a smile to my face smile.gif
post #3072 of 3684
How are Siberian Husky's viewed in northern California? (Bay Area)
post #3073 of 3684
Thread Starter 

Could help with hills. What's the concern?

 

lefty 

post #3074 of 3684
Just wondering how it will fair an suburban city and with other dogs/dog owners encountered.

I have seen maybe just 1 in my neighborhood. Will do some research as I (the family) have always wanted one.

I mean just look:
post #3075 of 3684
Thread Starter 

As well as any other dog. Needs serious exercise - pulling/running/weighted vest - and blows its coats twice a year. Get outside space and keep it in a kennel/run. Not a fan as I don't need a dog that hauls stuff.

 

What is the issue with other owners? 

 

lefty

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › lefty's random dog thread.