or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ironing Socks?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ironing Socks?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I was doing laundry last night and was kind of bored being my first night home from school and all i did and have been doing is laundry, and so anyhow TV sucked and didn't want to read after finals so i occupied myself by ironing my dress socks. Once i started i liked the idea of having pressed socks that aren't bent out of shape, much more appealing to the eye and was wondering is this just anal or does anyone else do this?
post #2 of 18
Why don't you do something more useful after your finals? Like catching up on sleep or porn sites. I only iron my shirts. I don't iron T-shirts or underwear. If you start ironing your socks then I guess you also iron everthing you wear, you may soon find out there are better things to do with your time. Mathieu
post #3 of 18
Quote:
I was doing laundry last night and was kind of bored being my first night home from school and all i did and have been doing is laundry, and so anyhow TV sucked and didn't want to read after finals so i occupied myself by ironing my dress socks.  Once i started i liked the idea of having pressed socks that aren't bent out of shape, much more appealing to the eye and was wondering is this just anal or does anyone else do this?
Once you put them on, they won't be out of shape.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
I was doing laundry last night and was kind of bored being my first night home from school and all i did and have been doing is laundry, and so anyhow TV sucked and didn't want to read after finals so i occupied myself by ironing my dress socks.  Once i started i liked the idea of having pressed socks that aren't bent out of shape, much more appealing to the eye and was wondering is this just anal or does anyone else do this?
This can only lead to despair...
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
what can i say i was really really bored, don't you guys remember how bad it is being around really fun people then being around you parents (don't take that the wrongway). I guess its a one time thing and my embarrassment is out there for you all to see.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
what can i say i was really really bored, don't you guys remember how bad it is being around really fun people then being around you parents (don't take that the wrongway). I guess its a one time thing and my embarrassment is out there for you all to see.
I remember coming home from college for the summer and being board to death. Everyone in my house would be sleeping at like 10pm. Around that time at school, I'd be waking up from my afternoon nap.
post #7 of 18
The utter depravity of ironing socks to relieve boredom shocks me to my core.
post #8 of 18
I suggest you start drinking... Bourbon... Heavily... K
post #9 of 18
Did someone say "bourbon?." Actually, I never ironed my socks because I moved out of my parents' house a few weeks after I graduated from high school. Therefore, my summers were spent drinking, carousing with friends, trying to pay my bills, trying to ignore that the next semester was starting soon, etc. Never got bored unless I was broke and all my friends were gone. Your shame IS out there for all of us to see, but that's okay. I've done worse. Once, when I was bored, I found my roommate's girlfriend's underwear and...oh wait, um, never mind.
post #10 of 18
I leave that to my butler
post #11 of 18
Make sure he gets a nice crease in your copy of the WSJ.
post #12 of 18
As a fellow SF reader who is in college I get what you're saying Demeis.... thats why I stay away from home all year anymore.
post #13 of 18
Don't iron your socks Do iron your shirts (dress, causal, tee, polo, what have you) and suits (only when needed) Jon.
post #14 of 18
Ironing condoms would be worse. They're a lot like socks. Once you put them on, either they're in shape or they're not.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Ironing condoms would be worse. They're a lot like socks. Once you put them on, either they're in shape or they're not.
You'd probably melt the condoms.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ironing Socks?