or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SF group buy poll #2: which skookum varsity?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF group buy poll #2: which skookum varsity?

post #1 of 168
Thread Starter 
Gimme a minute to get the poll options up, jerks.

PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING A JACKET.

Glad to see all the interest in the first poll. Also all the discussion on possible jackets. I can't try to draw up samples, so you'll have to use your imaginations.

Jacket #1
Dark burgundy wool body, gray leather raglan sleeves. Foldover cuffs and collar in burgundy. Snap front. Standard, leather-trim pockets (I assume the trim would be gray?). Standard nylon lining. This has been priced at $122 (not including fees/shipping).

We don't have a good pic of this but the color of the wool should be like on this jacket


Jacket #2
Navy wool body, cream leather raglan sleeves. Foldover collar and cuffs in navy. Snap front. Standard leather trim pockets. Standard nylon lining. Don't see why the price would differ from #1.
Essentially, this jacket without the pocket goofiness.


Jacket #3
Gray heathered wool body, white leather set-in sleeves. Foldover collar and cuffs in black. Snap front. Standard leather trim pockets. Standard nylon lining. This may be a couple of dollars cheaper than the others.
The centralia equivalent of this jacket but with a foldover collar.


I'm open for a couple of further tweaks, especially on 2 or 3, but 1 seems pretty set.
post #2 of 168
Thread Starter 
A pic of Hedi Slimane in a varsity jacket, courtesy asterix on sufu. There is no chance the SF one will look like this

post #3 of 168
i messed this up already i want 1 instead of 3 raglan ftw
post #4 of 168
Thread Starter 
If, perchance, you liked 3 but preferred raglan sleeves, you should've voted option 4.

This poll is too hard for jocks.
post #5 of 168
#3 or #3 with a burgundy body instead of grey. I'm in for either one, as long as it's all wool. Not into leather sleeves.
post #6 of 168
Huge lurker here, but i would really love to get in on those order, been following the other threads. I have voted for my preference.
post #7 of 168
I threw in for #2 but could easily go with #3 if that's the direction it goes. I was hoping for a burgundy/burgundy #1 though.
post #8 of 168
I haven't voted yet as I want to think about it, but I only want Raglan sleeves, that's a dealbreaker for me. Prefer leather, but could be sold on wool depending on how it looks.
post #9 of 168
yeah, raglan sleeves are a must. i like #3 with raglan sleeves. not crazy about white leather. truth is, i am in despite the colorway.
post #10 of 168
Quote:

Jacket #1
Dark burgundy wool body, gray leather raglan sleeves. Foldover cuffs and collar in burgundy. Snap front. Standard, leather-trim pockets (I assume the trim would be gray?). Standard nylon lining. This has been priced at $122 (not including fees/shipping).



What happened to the original jacket pictured with the zippers? The above version sounds like any other varsity jacket, basically the castrated version of the pictured one.
post #11 of 168
any chance of undyed wool and just regular undyed brown leather?
post #12 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post
any chance of undyed wool and just regular undyed brown leather?

That sounds kind of cool. What about the cuffs collar and hem ribbing?
Undyed wool also?
post #13 of 168
Thread Starter 
I was not cut out to be a manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga View Post
#3 or #3 with a burgundy body instead of grey. I'm in for either one, as long as it's all wool. Not into leather sleeves.

Right now, all options have leather sleeves, as that was the overwhelming winner in the original poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flock View Post
Huge lurker here, but i would really love to get in on those order, been following the other threads. I have voted for my preference.

Welcome to the world of posting! I have done it several thousand times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I threw in for #2 but could easily go with #3 if that's the direction it goes. I was hoping for a burgundy/burgundy #1 though.

I analyzed the original poll results before I posted this, scientifically interpreted my vote to count as 2 votes, and chose accordingly. If there's a large shift in public opinion I could be swayed to all-burgundy, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoose View Post
I haven't voted yet as I want to think about it, but I only want Raglan sleeves, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Prefer leather, but could be sold on wool depending on how it looks.

Sounds like you and ddml are on the same team. Again, wool sleeves not really under consideration right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post
yeah, raglan sleeves are a must. i like #3 with raglan sleeves. not crazy about white leather.
truth is, i am in despite the colorway.

I'm not a fan of white leather either--I feel that jacket looks really good in the pic but would look less good on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
What happened to the original jacket pictured with the zippers? The above version sounds like any other varsity jacket, basically the castrated version of the pictured one.

Scientific analysis of the poll determined that snap front was the clear leader for closures. I'm sorry if I've castrated anything. FWIW, I like buttons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post
any chance of undyed wool and just regular undyed brown leather?

I can ask. Wouldn't you kind of look like a sheep?
post #14 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
What happened to the original jacket pictured with the zippers? The above version sounds like any other varsity jacket, basically the castrated version of the pictured one.

+1. I voted for the burgundy one, but double zipper would be so much nicer than snap front. Lack of it might be a dealbreaker.
post #15 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
+1. I voted for the burgundy one, but double zipper would be so much nicer than snap front. Lack of it might be a dealbreaker.



Definitely, I'm out as of now if these are the only options. I could maybe go for #3, but I think there are enough of us that prefer the burgundy jacket that we could do our own group buy if it comes down to that.



P.S is the burgundy jacket even made by this company or is it a picture of a random jacket that should be reproduced?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SF group buy poll #2: which skookum varsity?