• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slu

Reaction score
This is a toughy for me...

Giorgio Armani or John Varvatos

jyook

Reaction score
Out of those two, it shouldn't be... Only one of them is Italian...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jyook

haha, I believe the proper internet term for this is "pwned"

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
failboat.jpg

cgo

Reaction score
I like Dolce and Gabbana for their suiting and the slim fit shirt (the only RTW shirt that I do not need to alter at all)

Prada suit is nice as well (I like Belvest's construction) but I have not yet owned one. Price is a bit over rated ...maybe when they are on sale I'll get one.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting enough I tend to dress with Italian flair using English and french labels
confused.gif

If I had to choose I would easily go with Etro. Bottega Veneta in second. Gucci can slip into third.

cgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by que_sera_sera1102
Dolce & Gabbana often designs the clothes that have too many colours. Wearing them will make us become childlike. I don't like them. If we compare Dolce & Gabbana with Giorgio Armani, we can easily realize that Giorgio Armani is much better, not only in designs, but also in colours.

Really? I would have thought that Dolce and Gabbana (not to be mistaken with the D&G linne) is rather conservative in their colors. Just have a look on their suiting. I like thme for that particular reason, quite conservative. I have to say some of their other clothings pieces are quite striking but they have some nice suits and pants.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, it's got to be Giorgio Cavalli collection, top notch suits available at your nearest TJ Maxx.

cgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i really like dolce and gabbana. i like their cuts and some of their quirky designs work on me.

yeah i have to admit that some of their design can be quirky....but like you said...a piece would sometimes work...Browse their newest collection online and I really2 like their suits and their classic pieces

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jyook

hahaha not only that, but Varvatos is a Greek sounding name not Italian. This thread stinks

jcriswel

Reaction score
John Varvatos

I don't know whether Ermenegildo Zegna qualifies, but I like the style and cut of that house the best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads